Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dream Seats not to Dreamy

Howie411

So for today's Skins vs Lions game I decided to purchase a Dream Seat since they were going for around $100 and figured that might be the cheapest they will ever get.

Honestly I wasn't impressed at all.  Was in Row 2 about the 10 yard line.   I had a great view of the cheerleaders directly in front of me, and anytime the teams were on that side of the field I had a decent view.   But when they were on the other side of the field I really couldn't see what was going on at all.

Also the Usher for this section kept letting his friends or people he knew into the empty dream seats as well was giving the folks in row 1( of the 100 section) free food and drink.    The hotdogs were not hot and the hot chocolate was cold.   They also ran out of food by the time the 4th started.

I definitely don't think I'd pay to sit there again.

***edit*** forgot to mention I didn't think the seats are much larger or have more room then regular lower level seats.  I still had to bend/twist/standup if someone needed to get by and with the 2 folks next to me wearing winter coats it was definitely squishy.

Anyone sit in the club level yesterday? A friend of mine (who does not normally go to games) sat in the club yesterday and said a bunch of concession stands on the level weren't even open during the game. I haven't been this season but have sat in the club level numerous times in the past and never saw closed concession stands. If true, that is pitiful.

Even though Snyder did not build the stadium, the dream seats are an example of something he did do which have been a big negative at FedEx because it has caused a lot of people in the sideline 100s to have to stand all game now. 

6 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm seeing front row behind the Redskins bench at the 50 for $163.  I said I wanted to try it once, thanks for the reality check (still gonna do it if they there after turkey day)

I sat their once, but on the opposite side. It was awesome. It was the eagles and Made Djax flip us us and john runyan laugh. We had the worst possible seats and won the dream seats.

8 hours ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

You actually thought going to the game was gonna be a good idea is what gets me lol

I'm a season ticket holder but sold my tickets earlier in the year.  I decided to go when I learned it was STM appreciation day so I figured it only cost me what I paid for my tickets normally.

Wow, thanks for sharing.

I know it is just stadium operations but speaks to the dysfunction throughout the whole organization down to the ushers.  It's sets a bad precedent.  Letting folks sit in seats they did not pay for, empty or not, giving away food, build animosity for the fans that did pay.  I know people will say who cares, a 2-9 team in a crap stadium but again, I think it speaks about the organization as a whole.  Lack of accountability from top to bottom except for the occasional unlucky person that ends up as the scapegoat in the cross hairs.

Whenever the dream seats are discussed, I always remember the last line of this:

He added two rows of seats to FedEx Field at field level, the worst view in any stadium and the cheapest seats in everybody else's house, then had the gonads to dub them "Front Row Dream Seats" and charge an unfathomable $3,000 per ticket. "Unless you dream of Bruce Smith's ass," a buddy of mine said at the time, "those ain't dream seats."

https://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/arts/theater/article/13021131/look-back-in-anger

I had basically those same seats for the Alfred Morris division-clinching win over Dallas in 2012. We were right around the goal line rather than the 10, but basically the same opinion. 

Granted, the atmosphere for that game was better and I got lucky that most of the action happened in our end zone, but when teams were on the other side of the 50, it was tough to see what was happening. 

Here is what Fedex has become. If you want a "Dream Seat" for the Eagles game on the visitor side of the field it will cost you $400. If you want one on the Skins side it will cost you $220. That tells you all you need to know right there. The only fans Snyder can gouge anymore are opposing fans. It is just sad what has happened to this franchise under his ownership. Sad indeed.

16 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Here is what Fedex has become. If you want a "Dream Seat" for the Eagles game on the visitor side of the field it will cost you $400. If you want one on the Skins side it will cost you $220. That tells you all you need to know right there. The only fans Snyder can gouge anymore are opposing fans. It is just sad what has happened to this franchise under his ownership. Sad indeed.

Wow. Knowing Eagle fans they will just take over the Redskins side and be extra loud. 

Let's hope they are already out of the playoffs. If it's a win-and-in scenario for them it would probably be best just to shift the home game to Philly. 

On 11/25/2019 at 6:23 AM, hail2skins said:

Anyone sit in the club level yesterday? A friend of mine (who does not normally go to games) sat in the club yesterday and said a bunch of concession stands on the level weren't even open during the game. I haven't been this season but have sat in the club level numerous times in the past and never saw closed concession stands. If true, that is pitiful.

Even though Snyder did not build the stadium, the dream seats are an example of something he did do which have been a big negative at FedEx because it has caused a lot of people in the sideline 100s to have to stand all game now. 

I can speak only for the Jets game, but everything was open then.  I've never heard of that.  Even for the Orioles and how bad they were the past two seasons, none of the main stands were ever closed for the entire game.  Wrap up early?  Sure, but they never not opened.  

What really stinks for the club level and dream seat holders is that they are in contracts for these seats.  As someone with lower level tickets, I have the option to not renew at any point.  These folks signed a contract, probably when the team still had Cousins and a decent outlook.  Selling them for $18-$25 for the club is terrible.  

On 11/25/2019 at 6:23 AM, hail2skins said:

Your friend is right. First time I’ve seen so many food vendors closed. It was a ghost town for large stretches of the club level, despite the fact that the franchise was actively giving tickets away for the game. 

On 11/28/2019 at 9:35 PM, ThomasTomasz said:

What really stinks for the club level and dream seat holders is that they are in contracts for these seats.  As someone with lower level tickets, I have the option to not renew at any point.  These folks signed a contract, probably when the team still had Cousins and a decent outlook.  Selling them for $18-$25 for the club is terrible.  

I get the impression that they might be so desperate to sell the club seats that the contract duration these days might be minimal, like even just for one season. Of course they might try and lure you with the longer you sign up, the more of a "discount" you get on the seats.

A couple seasons ago for the Vikings game I sat in the Zone A (sideline) club area next to a gentleman who inquired how much we paid for the seats. I told him about a hundred bucks a pop on Stubhub. He indicated he had his seats since 2001 and that particular season was paying $700 per game per seat!  Surely he could at least get around a 40 percent discount on that by negotiating with the Skins. Wonder if he is still there...…………...   

Archived