Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2020 Draft Positioning Thread: We're #2!

GhostofSparta

24 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

New coaches may want to go back to the 4-3 anyways. And you can never have to many pass rushers. Pick young and you have a GREAT core for the 4-3. Payne and IO at DT. Allen and Young at DE. Move Mr. Anderson to a 4-3 OLB. Sweat for depth at DE.  Holcomb looks serviceable at MLB. The possibilities are endless. Now what to do with Kerrigan?

It might be time for Kerrigan to accept a home town discount, or get cut and try to win a championship with another team.   It would be a business decision unfortunately, but that is the tough part of the business.

12 minutes ago, Skinsota said:

It might be time for Kerrigan to accept a home town discount, or get cut and try to win a championship with another team.   It would be a business decision unfortunately, but that is the tough part of the business.

I agree, I think he'll be a cap casualty....He'd be a great Steeler or Packer.

I am going to be okay with whatever we decide to do with Kerrigan, but my instinct would be to try to trade him.  Not sure how much we could get given his age and that he only has a year left on his contract, but he is still a decent player.  Maybe a 5th or 6th rounder?  Or maybe package him plus one of our 7th rounders for a 4th or 5th rounder.  Whatever you can get.

That said if we keep him and he plays out his contract here that is cool too.  I like Kerrigan and i don't have any issue with him other than I don't think he is really going to be part of our rebuild. 

4 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Rooting for the Colts tonight (long-shot).  If they win, it should increase Miami's SOS percentage.

I like where your head's at. 

Want a clearing of house at the top. With back-to-back-to-back divisional losses = no way Bruce sticks.

This is it...next game is the Chase Young sweepstakes.

A lot went well this week in the event that the Redskins win one of the next two games. Still, this is a big week as far as top slotting goes and I hope they throw a couple more guys on IR to collect more talent for next season, and make it a bit more difficult to win with the talent on the field. 

9 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

New coaches may want to go back to the 4-3 anyways. And you can never have to many pass rushers. Pick young and you have a GREAT core for the 4-3. Payne and IO at DT. Allen and Young at DE. Move Mr. Anderson to a 4-3 OLB. Sweat for depth at DE.  Holcomb looks serviceable at MLB. The possibilities are endless. Now what to do with Kerrigan?

Maybe a Seahawks style 4-3. Anderson is depth.

I remember arguing ad nauseam when they initially switched it was the bad call. Now that we're here and you have the lineman you need and a spare, with three on their rookie contracts, I cannot see how now is the time to leave the 34 defense. That avenue is gone. Sure, anything can happen with regime changes but you'd be wasting talent on the DL by making the switch.

9 hours ago, philibusters said:

I am going to be okay with whatever we decide to do with Kerrigan, but my instinct would be to try to trade him.  Not sure how much we could get given his age and that he only has a year left on his contract, but he is still a decent player.  Maybe a 5th or 6th rounder?  Or maybe package him plus one of our 7th rounders for a 4th or 5th rounder.  Whatever you can get.

That said if we keep him and he plays out his contract here that is cool too.  I like Kerrigan and i don't have any issue with him other than I don't think he is really going to be part of our rebuild. 

Teams were interested in dealing for Kerrigan earlier in the year.  I would call those teams back and try to get a 3rd for him.  Kerrigan is a true warrior but he has lost a step and unfortunately he is 1 sack away from being the sack champ for the Skins.  

Trade him for a 3rd pick this off season and hopefully turn that pick into a McLaurin type pick....bring him back when he is 37 years old and let him break the sack record and retire a redskin.

well, if we lose out and so do the Dolphins we'll still be picking before the Giants

19 hours ago, Silvernon said:

Maybe a Seahawks style 4-3. Anderson is depth.

I remember arguing ad nauseam when they initially switched it was the bad call. Now that we're here and you have the lineman you need and a spare, with three on their rookie contracts, I cannot see how now is the time to leave the 34 defense. That avenue is gone. Sure, anything can happen with regime changes but you'd be wasting talent on the DL by making the switch.

we already pull one of them off the field a good chunk of the time

Archived