Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3-13 Finish, and #3 Draft Pick...Noooo...Please Tell Me The Gints Can Win More Games Than Us!

zCommander

13 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I’m amazed ppl legit want to still win games 

I mean...🤷🏻‍♂️ As a fan, i like winning. Losing sucks. Yes I get that losing games makes more sense in terms of draft position, and if that happens, so be it, but I’ll cheer the team to a win every Sunday :D with that being said, i dont question those that want us to continue losing now. We’re all fans in different ways, some want to lose now, fine. Some want us to get a winning streak, that’s fine too. 

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Is there any thread on the board that doesn’t have suburban fair weather chumps whining about Snyder?

We need at least 3 Orkin dudes around here.

Unfortunately the stereotype falls short here, as the Skins fanbase is now one big melting pot, with folks from all walks of life sharing in their disgust for Snyder and what he’s provided us for 2 decades.  It’s not too late to join us, we won’t judge.

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I mean...🤷🏻‍♂️ As a fan, i like winning. Losing sucks. Yes I get that losing games makes more sense in terms of draft position, and if that happens, so be it, but I’ll cheer the team to a win every Sunday :D with that being said, i dont question those that want us to continue losing now. We’re all fans in different ways, some want to lose now, fine. Some want us to get a winning streak, that’s fine too. 

I feel this way sometimes. But then I also feel like I want the ineptitude of Snyder to be on full display for the world to see. That’s the only thing that has a chance to invoke some real change. Though I still don’t think it will 

4 hours ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

5 bags of weed <pic>

That's only 5 bags. You owe me 5 more. Thx!  :806:

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Did the OP mean to say we'd become 1-5, and accidentally hit the "1" key twice ?

Finish the season with 11-5 and not 1-5. Well if there are only 6 games in a season... I still win. :)

I honestly don't think we're more than a 3 or 4 win team this year. I will say though, that our 1-5 record after 6 games isn't as bad as Dallas' & Philly's 3-3 records after 6 games. After all, we weren't expected to be much this year, Dallas & Philly were supposed to be NFC powerhouses. One of them will be 3-4 after next week.

Get a win next weekend and only 2 games out of first place!!!  LOL!! 

Possible NFC East standings next week:

4-3

3-4

2-5

2-5

In no way do I believe this is possible, but this is the math!!  

Also, look at Eagles - Cowboys schedule for the next month!!  A lot of L’s could pile up!  

No ESF can ignore the fact that seemingly every year, we have a stretch of games that we do much better than even the most optimistic fan could hope for.  Notably RG3 rookie year, ST death year. Heck last year we were somehow 6-3.  Even Alex Smiths wife didn't predict that. Yeah the wheels fall off and it usually only lasts no more than 5 games, but football is unpredictable like that.  Look at all the upsets the past 2 weeks. Those weren't upsets - that's football.

Any hope we have starts with our defense. We should be able to eek out 21ish points between AP and TMC.  The wild card no pun intended is always a soft ass defense killing us. Yesterdays formula was the least amount of aggressiveness to pull off wins. Aggressive in the first half only, get a slim lead, pull back play soft and hold on for dear life.

This should be a yearly topic - as there is always a handful of hopium fans that look at records and mathematical situations and forget to look at actual things that matter / you know like talent , coaching, match ups. You know REAL stuff that factors into those imaginary numbers you’re creating in your alternate universe.  

funny thing is that after a decade other than 1 year - the facts lay themselves out exactly as they are every time. Yep - win 5 more games , that will really help draft position.  If you think this team can beat the 49ers then go for it.  I’ll bet you’re the same people on here ****ing and moaning about how bad this team is come Sunday night.  Then back trying to show “ we only need this and this to happen and we’re still in this thing”. Makes most people that are realists and true followers of the game just laugh and shake their head while reading this fantasy land crap - but you keep dreaming harder 😉 Just makes the end that much harder to deal with.  Snyder looooves those perpetual dreamers.  Especially if you keep buying what he’s shoveling. 

3 minutes ago, Thirtyfive2seven said:

Were you watching the dolphins game? They can’t beat the 49ers the Vikings or anyone else on the schedule. I’m willing to bet they don’t win again. 

You realize that was their FIRST game with the new coach. AP was the difference and the penalties were down too...hmmmmm

On 10/10/2019 at 10:32 PM, zskins said:

He did take the Raiders to the SB after Jon Gruden got fired... albeit he lost to him against his Tampa team lead by our every own Brad Johnson... well not saying we are going to the SB this year, but..... 

Gruden wasn't fired by the Raiders; the Bucs traded several picks to get him.  Callahan got to the SB with John Gruden's team and lost, and then helped usher in the suckfest era of the Raiders for the past decade and a half.  This team will be lucky to win three more games this season.  Truth is, we should NOT be rooting for this team to turn it around, because the real change we need will not happen if it does.

2 minutes ago, Taylor 36 said:

Gruden wasn't fired by the Raiders; the Bucs traded several picks to get him.  Callahan got to the SB with John Gruden's team and lost, and then helped usher in the suckfest era of the Raiders for the past decade and a half.  This team will be lucky to win three more games this season.  Truth is, we should NOT be rooting for this team to turn it around, because the real change we need will not happen if it does.

But we don't know if the team does lose that Bruce will be fired. Bruce doing the stadium thing probably means he is safe regardless of the outcome of this year. So I am not even thinking about what is going to happen in the FO. 

Archived