Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3-13 Finish, and #3 Draft Pick...Noooo...Please Tell Me The Gints Can Win More Games Than Us!

zCommander

This can definitely happen:

1) Haskins needs to be ready to take over at QB;

2) Callahan needs to instill discipline and foster chemistry, especially in the OL and secondary;

3) Dan has to be willing to change the name of the team the the DC Defenders;

4) The other teams in the XFL would have to allow the Skins, I mean 'Fenders, to join the XFL intact; and

5) The XFL would need to increase their season to 16 games.

Easy peasy

You know what, I was convinced we were going winless or at most winning 2 games but now That I think about it, the exercise bikes have been moved and the music turned down and they did some individual drills (something they haven’t done since training camp).   Damn.   I think 11-5 is very likely.   

7 hours ago, zskins said:

Callahan is making strides in practice this week and making the players do things differently. 

The players will now play harder for their new coach.

The players will need to showcase their talent for their next team next year (since who the hell knows what is going to happen next year with the Skins). 

The coaches want to showcase their talent too for either their next team or for the Skins; to be back again. 

So please tell me it can happen.... :815:

Yes, it can happen. But let's not get ahead ourselves clown shoes. (When did the avy change? I've been away from the Stadium for WAY too long!). 

One game at a time, Let's start to right this long wayward ship Sunday in Miami and build from there. 

One game at a time and we'll see where this ride takes us. 

Hail. 

22 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Let's start to right this long wayward ship Sunday in Miami and build from there.

By right the only action to take is mutiny. Strap Dan and Bruce to the mast and set course for Davy Jones' locker. Scuttle the ship 2000 fathoms deep. 

And future generations, with wonder and delight, will read on history's pages of our great sacrificial fight. They moved to never become complacent again. 

8 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

This is hysterical. Bill was a crappy replacement for the good Gruden and no better for the chubby slower one either. We didnt improve from getting rid of Jay and replacing him with Callahan. He leads the worst unit on the team, that our best player wont even be part of. 

We'll probably **** this up and win this week. Probably better that we dont have a shot at a QB that high anyway and are forced to take the best defensive or oline guy.

Wait...we are taking another QB next year? The Haskins experiment is over? Pretty sure we need an oline guy to protect the QB. Need a better version of Trent.

15 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

This can definitely happen

1) ES has the best prognosticators on the inter-world.

2) The last guy that predicted 0-5, was exactly right.

3) zskins is just as good as Veryoldschool

4) Therefore the ES expertise will drive on, and we go 11-5, just as @zskins promised

True, I also predicted that Scherff, Roullier, McLaurin and Keenum would be hurt for the Giants 2 weeks prior to the game.

We ain't lying. We've got a good culture about prediction around here.

We'll have to make some meme about the good culture... If there's not some already.

That would be beautiful, but I think it's unlikely...though it would probably make Jay Gruden look REALLY bad to the rest of the League.

Personally, even if we stumbled through to 7-9 it would likely be Fools Gold that validates Allan and seals the deal as far as Callahan getting the gig full time. In my opinion that would be bad based of Callahan's HC track record at Oakland and Nebraska... then again the one Head Coach archetype Dan Snyder HASN'T tried is Hard Lucked Former HC such as Rex Ryan, Callahan, John Fox, ect.

I mean it worked with Bill Belichik, right? (crickets)

Sorry, no matter how much you want to swallow whatever Brucey spoon feeds you, the solution to everything isnt the Head Coach.  We still have a terrible defense, we still dont have a secondary, or receivers, or TE's, or a running game, or most of an offensive line, or a QB.  Guice is still injured as are many other key players, and we still dont have Trent Williams.

12 hours ago, zskins said:

Yeah, yeah. lol But seriously why can't this happen though. Remember red alert during Shanny's day, 2012? If a coach can put a fire under the players it can happen. :)

Maybe Nats fever has me running hot....lol Same Nats in May were done for the year. Any given Sunday. Starts with the beating of the Fins.

Because this team is ****ing garbage and winning any game will fool people into thinking otherwise. This ship needs to sink now. 

I just came here to make sure someone posted the Dumb and Dumber gif. But is there at least one fan that possibly believes it? I feel like I being trolled. Jay Gruden wasn't the problem, so nothing's really fixed. Also, the team is still basically running Gruden's playbook anyhow. You don't switch schemes in a week. The only thing that's different is the quality of the opponent has weakened.

40 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

No it can't

1. We have no Quarterback

2. Our OLine has devolved into trash

3. Manusky is still our DC

4. Callahan hasn't been a HC in this league for a long time for a reason

Agree & to expand upon that

1. Still no Reed & good chance he never again plays for Skins & now Davis is week to week.

2. Absolutely no clarification on Williams situation which means he likely will only at best begrudgingly play for them after week 10 - what a disaster.

3. Barring a miracle Haskins will likely be permanent QB after the bye & will - expectedly - make lots of mistakes & be ineffective (part of learning)  Note that even Daniel Jones is starting to come back to earth & he is much more ready at this time than Haskins.  Don't expect miracles from the kid.

4. As a result of your # 2 above - running game will never be truly effective this season regardless of the backs.

5. Defense - especially the secondary & some of the LBs - will continue to struggle - should be expected given that for some reason they retained Manusky.

6. Most important - they are the Snyder/Allen led Redskins (lower your expectations).

54 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I just came here to make sure someone posted the Dumb and Dumber gif. But is there at least one fan that possibly believes it? I feel like I being trolled. Jay Gruden wasn't the problem, so nothing's really fixed. Also, the team is still basically running Gruden's playbook anyhow. You don't switch schemes in a week. The only thing that's different is the quality of the opponent has weakened.

This thread is pure insanity, we've gone completely manic

If this team actually goes on an 11 game winning streak I will assume a glitch in the matrix and that we're now in the Mortal Kombat universe.

"To enter the realm of Paloffs, Dan Snyder's demon sorcerer Bruce Allen and his warriors must win ten straight victories in Mortal Kombat. They have won nine."

4 hours ago, zskins said:

Wait...we are taking another QB next year? The Haskins experiment is over? Pretty sure we need an oline guy to protect the QB. Need a better version of Trent.

Pretty sure we have zero proven starters in offense and might have the 1rst or 2nd pick in an awesome QB draft. Haskins is years away at best according to some players.

15 hours ago, London Kev said:

Well yeah, technically it can happen, but I wouldn't bet on it. Even if we had a 50% chance to win each game (which is way too high IMO), then the chance of us winning all eleven games is a little under 0.05%. Not impossible, but highly unlikely (but you knew that anyway).

2 to the 11 Power...very good.

Archived