Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

3 hours ago, Hooper said:

Not today. 

And there's word that the Dolphins made the move to him because they have a ton of first round picks and want to be sure Tua is the guy. If he doesn't impress, they could move on.

Of course they did. Why wouldn’t they do exactly that? Only poorly managed teams marry themselves to players who don’t show any signs of having “it”. I doubt that’s the case with Tua. But who knows.

We’re just fans so we don’t have a pulse around the league but to me, this guy has almost no value. If he was on another team and was “available”, I wouldn’t want him and would be pissed if we gave up anything more than 6 at best.

1 hour ago, dyst said:

We’re just fans so we don’t have a pulse around the league but to me, this guy has almost no value. If he was on another team and was “available”, I wouldn’t want him and would be pissed if we gave up anything more than 6 at best.

I think this is a good way of looking at things.  Like if Haskins was the Chargers problem and we were trading for him, what would we want to give up to get him?  Probably not much.

14 hours ago, Thirtyfive2seven said:

Haskins has no value.  His value will not continue to grow because he's not playing.  He's not playing because he cannot run this offense efficiently.  He can't complete short passes required of a starting caliber NFL QB.  Take whatever you can get.  In other news, Tua looks great.  The kid in San Diego looks really good.  Why do the Redskins draft HORRIBLE qb's?  

everytime i see another rookie qb flourish I get frustrated. Why can every other franchise do this?

53 minutes ago, benskins26 said:

everytime i see another rookie qb flourish I get frustrated. Why can every other franchise do this?

Yeah, can’t argue against our appalling record. 

It is a minefield though, I mean look at the those reports this week that Miami have promoted Tua to the starting role so that they can assess him before the 2021 draft (given they are loaded with draft ammunition in 2021). 

Maybe the trend is moving forward it that high selection rookies get recycled quicker than before. 

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Yeah, can’t argue against our appalling record. 

It is a minefield though, I mean look at the those reports this week that Miami have promoted Tua to the starting role so that they can assess him before the 2021 draft (given they are loaded with draft ammunition in 2021). 

Maybe the trend is moving forward it that high selection rookies get recycled quicker than before. 

Here’s a hypothetical... The Dolphins are in position and draft, say, Fields. Tua looked alright but they have Fields graded better. 

Do we attempt to trade for Tua? He looked okay and is young in this scenario. Wasn’t a world beater but looked like a rookie with some potential. 

22 minutes ago, method man said:

What’s frustrating is that over the past 5 years, we are seeing fewer all out busts at the QB position. Yet, we end up with the worst first round QB in the past 5 years

That is frustrating. A lot of that wasn’t luck though. Sure he is a huge disappointment himself but marry that with the absolute worse way for an organization to handle the situation (in his rookie year, I’m fine with the way Ron is handling stuff in general so far) and it’s not really a surprise it ended up this way. 

18 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Here’s a hypothetical... The Dolphins are in position and draft, say, Fields. Tua looked alright but they have Fields graded better. 

Do we attempt to trade for Tua? He looked okay and is young in this scenario. Wasn’t a world beater but looked like a rookie with some potential. 

Unless Tua falls on his face the rest of the year, what would it take to get him would probably be the question.  And what did Ron and Scott think of him beforehand.

11 minutes ago, Llevron said:

That is frustrating. A lot of that wasn’t luck though. Sure he is a huge disappointment himself but marry that with the absolute worse way for an organization to handle the situation (in his rookie year, I’m fine with the way Ron is handling stuff in general so far) and it’s not really a surprise it ended up this way. 

I think we have to define handling the situation to before he was drafted though.  He was clearly way over drafted because they had to satisfy Dan's desire.  From everything I've read, he might have gotten taken in the second, but most likely third round.  We took him at freaking 17.  Then handed him to a coach that had to win with a depleted roster to keep his job.

There is no doubt he wasn't setup for success, but something tells me if he really had it in him, he'd shine anyways.

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

@Llevron you got a problem with Cool Ranch Doritos?  

Yea. I do. And it upsets me that you don’t. I always knew our opinions differed in multiple areas in life and that was ok because you always seemed like a decent person. I don’t know if I’m more upset or disappointed honestly. But I know I have to question everything you say now. Try to detect through your words if it’s the decent, normal you or the sicko cool ranch Doritos you. 

why are you like this? 

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Yea. I do. And it upsets me that you don’t. I always knew our opinions differed in multiple areas in life and that was ok because you always seemed like a decent person. I don’t know if I’m more upset or disappointed honestly. But I know I have to question everything you say now. Try to detect through your words if it’s the decent, normal you or the sicko cool ranch Doritos you. 

why are you like this? 

I mean I like all Doritos really, but if I have my druthers it's Cool Ranch.  If Haskins was traded for a bag of spicy nacho, no real complaints.

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think we have to define handling the situation to before he was drafted though.  He was clearly way over drafted because they had to satisfy Dan's desire.  From everything I've read, he might have gotten taken in the second, but most likely third round.  We took him at freaking 17.  Then handed him to a coach that had to win with a depleted roster to keep his job.

There is no doubt he wasn't setup for success, but something tells me if he really had it in him, he'd shine anyways.

Absolutely. The **** ups started when the owner drafted the kid to a coaching staff that we knew wouldn’t be around long enough to help him grow. All the other stuff you said it’s true too. And without a doubt his mindset is holding him back imo. And that’s terminal in football. 

38 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think in that scenario Miami would have a lot of interested parties. I also don’t think it is that unrealistic a scenario, you really can’t discount anything these days. 

Hell, Miami could draft Fields at #2 using the Texans pick, hold someone over a barrel for Tua, and still have a boat load of their own draft picks through days one and two. They may also have the Texans second rounder do they, which will be a pick in the early 30s.

You would have to think we had Tua under serious consideration in the draft. I felt it should have been a close call for the #2 pick. In the end, seems like the combination of giving Haskins a chance, whilst snagging the consensus highest rated prospect in the draft in Young, won the day.

Fair enough, all told. We still need a QB though, right.

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

I mean I like all Doritos really, but if I have my druthers it's Cool Ranch.  If Haskins was traded for a bag of spicy nacho, no real complaints.

Good. I know you can be decent. We just have to work that cool ranch madness out of your system. You can change and we are here for you. 

16 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I think in that scenario Miami would have a lot of interested parties. I also don’t think it is that unrealistic a scenario, you really can’t discount anything these days. 

Hell, Miami could draft Fields at #2 using the Texans pick, hold someone over a barrel for Tua, and still have a boat load of their own draft picks through days one and two. They may also have the Texans second rounder do they, which will be a pick in the early 30s.

You would have to think we had Tua under serious consideration in the draft. I felt it should have been a close call for the #2 pick. In the end, seems like the combination of giving Haskins a chance, whilst snagging the consensus highest rated prospect in the draft in Young, won the day.

Fair enough, all told. We still need a QB though, right.

Even if he plays well, I wouldn't want Tua. Can't have someone injury prone at the most important position in the league

Njoku is just not who we thought he could be. ( possibly similar to Herndon). He has the looks and build to be a quality player. But it’s just not there, and he’s always injured. Anything more than a player swap and it’s too much. 

Make a move for Fuller. He would pair well with McLaurin. 

Archived