Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

21 minutes ago, TMK9973 said:

I feel like we have all been avoiding the BIG question right now....

How is Haskins Tummy??

Haskins "Sorry coach. Wont be at game today. Got a stomach thing"

Rivera "understand. Stay home and rest. I mean, i have cancer but i get it.  feel better"

12 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Lmao.  Please tell me you don't actually believe this.  And you guys talk about Haskins apologists...

How so?  This will be the weakest team we've played this season by far.  Not sure how that will give you an accurate comparison if Allen plays well.

It's not about being a Haskins apologist lol, they had 8 sacks with no chance for the QB to even drop back or scan the field. Didn't matter who was QB on Sunday is my point. Once they got that heavy lead, their D was able to pin their ears back.... plain and simple

49 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I heard B Mitch say on his show last week that the source of the players who were unhappy with Haskins play were on the D line, he didn't go into it any further than that.

Jonathan Allen stands out as someone who’d be seriously pissed off with losing and seriously pissed off with people who don’t fancy the battle.

The GM who drafted Ryan Tannehill remained in that position with the Dolphins until 2014.  Apples to oranges to compare him to Dwayne.  EJ Manuel, Josh Rosen, and even Patrick Ramsey are more apt comparisons.  Because all of them were given up on when a new regime (that didn't draft them) took over.

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Jonathan Allen stands out as someone who’d be seriously pissed off with losing and seriously pissed off with people who don’t fancy the battle.

Or people who brag about their stats in the locker room after getting blown out. 

I'd be curious to see what the #'s look like from Sunday.  I've noticed the Haskins apologists want it all to be about how bad the QB's were and how Dwayne made the OL/Turner look better.  But to my eye, it looked like the Rams lived in our backfield on nearly every snap, even more so than we've seen from other teams in weeks prior.  If the Haskins apologists want to lay that at the feet of Scott Turner, I'm open to that as well.  But nothing about that game made me think Dwayne would have been any better than Allen.

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'd be curious to see what the #'s look like from Sunday.  I've noticed the Haskins apologists want it all to be about how bad the QB's were and how Dwayne made the OL/Turner look better.  But to my eye, it looked like the Rams lived in our backfield on nearly every snap, even more so than we've seen from other teams in weeks prior.  If the Haskins apologists want to lay that at the feet of Scott Turner, I'm open to that as well.  But nothing about that game made me think Dwayne would have been any better than Allen.

You said it better than me, but that's what I was getting at. Terrible gameplan, focused on needing too much time for receivers to get open while the oline was getting mauled. That's what happen when the D gives up a ton of points early.

47 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

They definitely are trying to lump Alex Smiths play with Allen. Allen looked perfectly fine as a replacement for Haskins. We'll see this week against a weaker team how much better Allen makes this team. 

Yes this is exactly what happened and it makes no sense. Before he got hurt he was a pretty good example of how the QB play can improve with a change. He got hurt and it's as if his performance never even happened. But that's the logic I've been debating for a week with the Haskins folks.  

26 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

That was my first thought just by process of elimination, we probably know it wasnt Chase. 

6 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Yes this is exactly what happened and it makes no sense. Before he got hurt he was a pretty good example of how the QB play can improve with a change. He got hurt and it's as if his performance never even happened. But that's the logic I've been debating for a week with the Haskins folks.  

What is this revisionist history?

And here's his oh so impressive TD drive:

Kickoff
S.Sloman kicks 66 yards from LA 35 to WAS -1. D.Johnson ran ob at WAS 27 for 28 yards (J.Polite).
Kickoff from LA 35

Sack
(7:24) (Shotgun) K.Allen sacked at WAS 27 for 0 yards (T.Reeder).
1st & 10 at WAS 27

3 Yard Pass
(6:51) (Shotgun) K.Allen pass short right to A.Gibson pushed ob at WAS 30 for 3 yards (J.Johnson III).
2nd & 10 at WAS 27

12 Yard Pass
(6:15) (Shotgun) K.Allen pass short right to T.McLaurin ran ob at WAS 42 for 12 yards (D.Williams).
3rd & 7 at WAS 30

5 Yard Run
(5:41) (Shotgun) A.Gibson left guard to WAS 47 for 5 yards (M.Fox).
1st & 10 at WAS 42

15 Yard Penalty
(5:04) (Shotgun) K.Allen pass incomplete short right to A.Gandy-Golden [O.Okoronkwo]. PENALTY on LA-A.Donald, Roughing the Passer, 15 yards, enforced at WAS 47 - No Play.
2nd & 5 at WAS 47

Run for No Gain
(5:00) (Shotgun) A.Gibson up the middle to LA 38 for no gain (M.Brockers; T.Reeder).
1st & 10 at LA 38

8 Yard Pass
(4:16) (Shotgun) K.Allen pass short left to J.McKissic pushed ob at LA 30 for 8 yards (J.Fuller).
2nd & 10 at LA 38

3 Yard Run
(3:50) J.McKissic right end to LA 27 for 3 yards (T.Reeder).
3rd & 2 at LA 30

18 Yard Pass
(3:07) (Shotgun) K.Allen pass short right to A.Gibson to LA 9 for 18 yards (K.Young; M.Brockers).
1st & 10 at LA 27

2 Yard Run
(2:19) (Shotgun) A.Gibson right tackle to LA 7 for 2 yards (M.Brockers; T.Hill).
1st & Goal at LA 9

Touchdown Football Team
(1:41) (Shotgun) K.Allen scrambles left end to LA 1 for 6 yards (T.Hill). Washington challenged the short of the goal line ruling, and the play was REVERSED. (Shotgun) K.Allen scrambles left end for 7 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

And here's his oh so impressive TD drive:

Kickoff
S.Sloman kicks 66 yards from LA 35 to WAS -1. D.Johnson ran ob at WAS 27 for 28 yards (J.Polite).
Kickoff from LA 35

Sack
(7:24) (Shotgun) K.Allen sacked at WAS 27 for 0 yards (T.Reeder).
1st & 10 at WAS 27

3 Yard Pass
(6:51) (Shotgun) K.Allen pass short right to A.Gibson pushed ob at WAS 30 for 3 yards (J.Johnson III).
2nd & 10 at WAS 27

12 Yard Pass
(6:15) (Shotgun) K.Allen pass short right to T.McLaurin ran ob at WAS 42 for 12 yards (D.Williams).
3rd & 7 at WAS 30

5 Yard Run
(5:41) (Shotgun) A.Gibson left guard to WAS 47 for 5 yards (M.Fox).
1st & 10 at WAS 42

15 Yard Penalty
(5:04) (Shotgun) K.Allen pass incomplete short right to A.Gandy-Golden [O.Okoronkwo]. PENALTY on LA-A.Donald, Roughing the Passer, 15 yards, enforced at WAS 47 - No Play.
2nd & 5 at WAS 47

Run for No Gain
(5:00) (Shotgun) A.Gibson up the middle to LA 38 for no gain (M.Brockers; T.Reeder).
1st & 10 at LA 38

8 Yard Pass
(4:16) (Shotgun) K.Allen pass short left to J.McKissic pushed ob at LA 30 for 8 yards (J.Fuller).
2nd & 10 at LA 38

3 Yard Run
(3:50) J.McKissic right end to LA 27 for 3 yards (T.Reeder).
3rd & 2 at LA 30

18 Yard Pass
(3:07) (Shotgun) K.Allen pass short right to A.Gibson to LA 9 for 18 yards (K.Young; M.Brockers).
1st & 10 at LA 27

2 Yard Run
(2:19) (Shotgun) A.Gibson right tackle to LA 7 for 2 yards (M.Brockers; T.Hill).
1st & Goal at LA 9

Touchdown Football Team
(1:41) (Shotgun) K.Allen scrambles left end to LA 1 for 6 yards (T.Hill). Washington challenged the short of the goal line ruling, and the play was REVERSED. (Shotgun) K.Allen scrambles left end for 7 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

He also escaped a big sack, the play Dwayne literally failed on the week before. He had 2 drops and his TD run was another play Haskins can't make. 

Never said he was great, just that he was a vast improvement over #7 but all that's been forgotten as fans lump his play in with Smith's. 

Let's hope our QB situation gets a little bit better next year. We have:

• An immature young QB with bad accuracy and the agility of Chris Farley.
  • A mature young QB with mediocre accuracy and OK athleticism, but with little experience.
  • A veteran QB with good accuracy, but only 1 functioning leg, who also hasn't played in two years.

I'll be shocked if we win more than 3 games this season, even in a dumpster fire NFC East.

16 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

He also escaped a big sack, the play Dwayne literally failed on the week before. He had 2 drops and his TD run was another play Haskins can't make. 

Never said he was great, just that he was a vast improvement over #7 but all that's been forgotten as fans lump his play in with Smith's. 

We moved the ball on that drive due to 2 short passes for YAC, a 15-yard penalty, and a TD run.  If you think his play last Sunday was a vast improvement over Dwayne's, it's clear we'll never be on the same page.

pass-chart_ALL543234_2020-REG-5_16024496

7 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Let's hope our QB situation gets a little bit better next year. We have:

• An immature young QB with bad accuracy and the agility of Chris Farley.
  • A mature young QB with mediocre accuracy and OK athleticism, but with little experience.
  • A veteran QB with good accuracy, but only 1 functioning leg, who also hasn't played in two years.

I'll be shocked if we win more than 3 games this season, even in a dumpster fire NFC East.

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

You've posted enough on this thread to figure out the relevancy.

Being drafted by an organization where everyone believes in you and has the shared goal of developing you and putting you in a position to succeed?  Wait, that's not it.

Being given a top 5 TE in the league, which is a rookie QB's best friend?  Wait, that can't be it either.

Starting 4 years in college before turning pro?  No, no, no relevance there either.

Well, I just can't figure it out.

EDIT: Should've also mentioned working with an established OC who knows what the hell he's doing.

43 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I didn't see any negative plays, no poorly thrown quick passes to the RB in the flat, no balls at WR's feet, he hit Sprinkle in his hands on what could have been a nice gain and he dropped it.

He took what they gave him which is all he can do, he made the plays that were there and those are the same plays that gave Haskins fits.

All he had to do was not throw 8 yard passes at WR's feet and not overthrow RB's coming out of the backfield and he was already an improvement, sad but true.

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Being drafted by an organization where everyone believes in you and has the shared goal of developing you and putting you in a position to succeed?  Wait, that's not it.

So far, two completely different coaching staffs with completely different philosophies have both agreed Haskins wasn't worth developing. Along those lines, Rivera has a track record of developing and standing by his QBs. He never gave up on Newton during his early struggles, and didn't give up on Allen after his rough patch last season. The fact Rivera doesn't want anything to do with Haskins already should be telling.

These arguments in support of Haskins seems familiar. I read all of them back when the rumors started swirling that Shanahan wanted Cousins and not RG3. "He's not being given a fair shot to develop!", "Shanahan/Gruden are idiots and wasting a generational talent!", "RG3 is far and away the best QB we have!". But then we see two separate Redskins staffs not want anything to do with RG3, the Browns tossing him aside after only a few games played, and then he was out of the league for a while before Baltimore gave him a backup role. When prominent football people from multiple different staffs reach the same conclusion, I'm apt to believe them, instead of thinking there's some grand conspiracy at work.

Right now, at least, Haskins isn't any good, and Rivera has seen enough to basically call it quits on him. That's extremely telling.

Archived