Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This thread has been rather calm today, and work has been slow, but Simba is the gift that keeps on giving it appears.

*Fire up the Haskins thread*

We at ES will either prop up or vilify all our QBs...without question. It took Smith almost dying to even come close to being the exception lol...

11 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

So now that Dwayne isn't the starter we're going to credit roughing the passer penalties committed by the opposing defense to the QB? Interesting...

Say, this is fun!

Don't be disingenuous.  Literally no one was saying "but that penalty extended the drive!" in any of Haskins' starts, or any other quarterback that I can remember...ever.  

But it will be "fun" when we can blame the o-line, offensive weapons, Scott Turner's "nepotism", or imply Rivera's cancer is affecting his decision making when Kyle Allen struggles...can't wait!

18 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Don't be disingenuous.  Literally no one was saying "but that penalty extended the drive!" in any of Haskins' starts, or any other quarterback that I can remember...ever.  

But it will be "fun" when we can blame the o-line, offensive weapons, Scott Turner's "nepotism", or imply Rivera's cancer is affecting his decision making when Kyle Allen struggles...can't wait!

Literally no one was saying "but that penalty extended the drive!"

Um...yes there was someone saying that lol. The person who was saying the drive wasn't as impressive as some are saying made that exact claim. Their point was that the one TD drive was made up of dump-offs, a roughing the passer penalty, and a good QB scramble. Not sure why you felt the need to argue against the role the penalty played in that drive.

Ooh, good, another one...lemme try:

It will be "fun" when we can claim the team needs to go heavy on offense in the draft because it needs major upgrades across the board when it struggles with Allen, while also claiming that saying Haskins had no talent around him to succeed was just "making excuses"...can't wait!

Ok, your turn again!

This is confusing to me because it sounds like a wimp out move by a guy who can't take being benched, but then there are reports like this from Sunday

Dwayne Haskins Jr. stayed at the team hotel, was in team meetings last night. He’s been dealing with an illness for a few days. He was prepared to head to the game when the team doctor made the call for him to go home. Haskins was already inactive. #WashingtonFootball

— Julie Donaldson (@juliedonaldson_) October 11, 2020

And the reports today that once again he came into work and was sent home. Does that mean this is a fake illness that team doctors are just letting him off with? Is it something they can't really check for? Is there any record of something like diarrhea or vomiting? 

I mean he's got to know how this looks to both the team, the media, the fans and the rest of the city. Right now a lot of us are pulling for him and if this really is a douche move then its going to make a lot of people less sympathetic for him. 

Just now, Thinking Skins said:

This is confusing to me because it sounds like a wimp out move by a guy who can't take being benched, but then there are reports like this from Sunday

I am surprised its such a story.  Based on what I've heard from beat guys, I believe he's truly sick.  I hope he's OK.  

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am surprised its such a story.  Based on what I've heard from beat guys, I believe he's truly sick.  I hope he's OK.  

I mean the reports of him not demanding a trade are promising but part of me wonders if its something like Ron and the coaches make him sick to his stomach. The next step in this is to suck it up and be a good teammate and work his *** off until he gets another shot - here or elsewhere - and try to prove doubters wrong

Just now, JSSkinz said:

What doesn't make sense is if a player is sick then typically the team doctors would give them a checkup, maybe they give them some fluids or some meds to help the player recoup faster.  The fact they keep telling him to stay away is odd.

What it reminded me of was when we gave RG3 his option but then couldn't play him for risk of him getting injured and collecting it. This is a completely different situation but what incentive is there for the team to tell him to go home (if he's not sick) unless they were trading him. I truly expected him to be gone by EOD on Sunday. 

Just now, JSSkinz said:

What doesn't make sense is if a player is sick then typically the team doctors would give them a checkup, maybe they give them some fluids or some meds to help the player recoup faster.  The fact they keep telling him to stay away is odd.

Per WebMD, the official treatment protocol for "wounded pride" is to curl up in a ball and suckle a binky. You'd think he could do that at the facility, no?

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah. This isn’t him faking or “wimping out” from anything. Plenty of other things to trash the guy for (his awful play this season, him apparently not working as hard after becoming the starter), but an illness isn’t something to trash him for. 

10 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Dwayne Haskins Jr. stayed at the team hotel, was in team meetings last night. He’s been dealing with an illness for a few days. He was prepared to head to the game when the team doctor made the call for him to go home. Haskins was already inactive. #WashingtonFootball

— Julie Donaldson (@juliedonaldson_) October 11, 2020

And the reports today that once again he came into work and was sent home. Does that mean this is a fake illness that team doctors are just letting him off with? Is it something they can't really check for? Is there any record of something like diarrhea or vomiting? 

I mean he's got to know how this looks to both the team, the media, the fans and the rest of the city. Right now a lot of us are pulling for him and if this really is a douche move then its going to make a lot of people less sympathetic for him. 

The odds that Haskins actually got a 5 day stomach bug the week he was demoted is about 1%. "I'm sick and I've been throwing up". That's all he has to say to team doctors and they'll repeat it and let him stay home. It's not like they can keep him if he's telling them he's sick. Many disgruntled employees come up with mysterious stomach ailments. 

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

What I find absurd is posters failing to recognize the big sack he avoided and the TD run he made, both plays Dwayne is simply not able to make as we have seen.   His accuracy was clearly better, not sure how that is debatable at this point but here we are. Again.  

Bro Allen didn't throw the ball more than 5 yards past the line of scrimmage. To keep using that game as an example of his superiority passing and "clearly better" accuracy tells me your analysis might be a bit biased. 

1 minute ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

FWIW: No team has yet called Washington to inquire about Dwayne Haskins, according to multiple sources...

https://twitter.com/john_keim/status/1316172896360902656?s=20

FB_IMG_1602672898363.jpg

6 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

What it reminded me of was when we gave RG3 his option but then couldn't play him for risk of him getting injured and collecting it. This is a completely different situation but what incentive is there for the team to tell him to go home (if he's not sick) unless they were trading him. I truly expected him to be gone by EOD on Sunday. 

That makes sense, Dwayne doesn't want to jeopardize the trade by getting injured in practice and I doubt Ron wants that either.

7 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

"I'm sick and I've been throwing up". That's all he has to say to team doctors and they'll repeat it and let him stay home.

I somehow doubt it's that simple, especially during the COVID pandemic. If he says 'Ok, I'm feeling better" on Thursday they likely won't just say "Good" and let him attend practices and be in the locker room. Team docs would at least take his temp and vitals and do a COVID test before sending him home. I did read somewhere on twitter about antibodies being found or something? Not sure as I just skipped over it because whoever was saying this sounded just like I did here lol...as if it was something they read or heard somewhere.

Literally no passes completed more than 5 yards past the LOS and some people claim this was a clearly better passing performance? Haskins was getting grilled for this exact same short passing (only got yards from YAC) the week before. People see what they want.

Kyle-Allen-Alex-Smith.jpg

Archived