Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

It’s a near certainty the only reason he is there is to take the Covid test to stay in protocol to facilitate a trade. The fact they said he took one  underscores that reality. Doesn’t take a genius to see where this is going. There is also a 1 in 3 chance he has the antibodies given the fact Ron said one of them has them. So it’s essentially keeping him in protocol so he’s not subject to a quarantine for missing tests. 

Pretty sure Kyle is the one with the antibodies...

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2020/03/27/sam-darnold-josh-allen-kyle-allen-quarantined-southern-california-coronavirus-covid-19-jets-bills-redskins/

Everyone involved is actively contributing to making a bad situation worse. Every person is playing this like they have pocket aces when the hands are junk all around. This is an ugly mess. All of this after a self-created problem is utter madness.

God help us if we come out and lose to the Giants. The only thing holding us afloat from such a possibility is Sweat and Young bullying Thomas for his lunch money.

Our young players were actually developing over the first 4 weeks. The Oline improved. Gibson came on strong. Sweat is flipping a switch. Turbo was on pace to set a new career high. Fuller was justifying his paycheck. The sooner we get back to making developing our core our primary focus, the better.

6 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

No one said he had gastroenteritis or that what he had was contagious.

True, I took it as a gastrointestinal virus. Most "gastrointestinal issues" that are not viruses won't have a doctor telling you to stay home 5 days in a row.

2 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Do you know what sarcasm means?  lol

Sarcasm doesn't work when you use a word or phrase in it incorrectly.

Another thing to think about is that with Allen being a scrambling QB, I think its natural to see the number of sacks increase. I can't find the correlation but generally people who hold the ball longer, regardless of escapability are hit more often. He was sacked 46 times over 13 games last year. This is something to see about over the next few games. Particularly if the question is who are the Giants primary pass rushers. The Cowboys? And another question is how does he handle different pressures? How is his awareness and blind side pressures? 

4 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Another thing to think about is that with Allen being a scrambling QB, I think its natural to see the number of sacks increase. I can't find the correlation but generally people who hold the ball longer, regardless of escapability are hit more often. He was sacked 46 times over 13 games last year. This is something to see about over the next few games. Particularly if the question is who are the Giants primary pass rushers. The Cowboys? And another question is how does he handle different pressures? How is his awareness and blind side pressures? 

I wonder what's on tape from last year that helps explain his INTs?...just a young QB rushing things or were there things defenses were doing to bait him into throwing a pass he shouldn't have thrown?

I'm also thinking I should probably be asking this in the Kyle Allen thread lol...

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

I wonder what's on tape from last year that helps explain his INTs?...just a young QB rushing things or were there things defenses were doing to bait him into throwing a pass he shouldn't have thrown?

I'm also thinking I should probably be asking this in the Kyle Allen thread lol...

there's one of those?

6 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

The knock has always been that Allen senses pressure when it isn't there and leaves the pocket which results in sacks.  He should be stepping up and not bailing.  Cooley said he did this a few times last Sunday.  

14 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Everyone involved is actively contributing to making a bad situation worse. Every person is playing this like they have pocket aces when the hands are junk all around. This is an ugly mess. All of this after a self-created problem is utter madness.

God help us if we come out and lose to the Giants. The only thing holding us afloat from such a possibility is Sweat and Young bullying Thomas for his lunch money.

Our young players were actually developing over the first 4 weeks. The Oline improved. Gibson came on strong. Sweat is flipping a switch. Turbo was on pace to set a new career high. Fuller was justifying his paycheck. The sooner we get back to making developing our core our primary focus, the better.

Prepare yourself, the Giants are coming. 

22 minutes ago, philibusters said:

I watched that video in its entirety.  He did miss a couple reads down field.  One where he checked down and I think the other where he threw to the crossing route on third down.

The obvious reasoning here is the pressure was getting to him so he got antsy on the one to the check down.  On the crossing route, it was like 3rd and 4 so he may have kind of predetermined where he was going with the ball thinking the 5 yard crossing route was the highest percentage read.  The video also covers how bad the pass protection was on a couple of those plays.

This is also why I am sometimes skeptical about college prospects.   Haskins never had an overmatched O-Line in college so you have no idea if he'd get happy feet or anxious in the pocket and stop going through his reads.

The pass pro was clearly terrible, but O'Sullivan makes it clear that Haskins needs to recognize the break-downs and get rid of the ball.  He can't just stand there and take a sack.  You're probably right that he just didn't have to deal with that at Ohio State, but RR has said repeatedly that he was looking for some growth from Dwayne and it just wasn't happening.  O'Sullivan also pointed out that sometimes the receivers weren't running their routes the way they should to clear out, so the entire offense needs work.  Also, O'Sullivan made it clear that Dwayne not throwing to the open guy down the field was all day long.  He said this isn't just on these few plays, it was all day.  It wasn't all on Dwayne, but a lot of it was.

3 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Damn.

If he did request a trade, I could see Rivera answering this way.  All of the local guys insist Haskins did not request a trade, so I have no idea why Rivera simply wouldn't answer that honestly.  

Because Ron doesn’t need Haskins’ permission to dump him. 

1 hour ago, httr2020dynasty said:
Gastrointestinal issue is a big word for "tummy ache".  Middle schoolers get them when they want to stay home and play video games.

Hey now. I’m 31 years old and I sometimes have “gastrointestinal issues” when I want to use a sick day to stay home and play video games! The middle schoolers are just ahead of the game. Cyberpunk 2077 comes out in November and I can already feel some gastrointestinal issues coming on....

16 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Hey now. I’m 31 years old and I sometimes have “gastrointestinal issues” when I want to use a sick day to stay home and play video games! The middle schoolers are just ahead of the game. Cyberpunk 2077 comes out in November and I can already feel some gastrointestinal issues coming on....

Hmmm... a gastrointestinal issue could totally parlay to...

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

He's pregnant

Archived