Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

To me its simple.  

If you think Haskins is very unlikely to be a franchise QB and the kicker is you don't think he has the intangibles to make it happen.  It's not loony at all not even a whit.  Why waste more time? 

But even if I loved Haskins and thought he was a stud, I trust a dude who was HC of the year for two years running and made a SB and is liked around the league and known for his integrity. -- I trust he knows what he's doing on him or any player.

One of the people here who was upset about this just recently said he trusts Rivera to make the right call.  But then when this happened that seems to have gone away.  If you go back and read this thread from the start, there is a strong correlation between people who really loved the pick then and who also hate this move now.  So i don't think its a wild coincidence. 

My point is I think with some their feelings about Haskins is effecting their feelings about Rivera.  And my response to that is for me there is no player above the team.  I posted and posted and posted about loving Guice before the draft and defended his character.  Yet Rivera cut him. I trusted he knows miles more about Guice the dude then I did.   I moved on.  I have a huge signed picture of Peterson on my wall, didn't love that move, a whined a little about it but quickly moved on.  He's the HC, its more important IMO that what we feel about a player. 

Very well said. I too thought Guice was a good guy and defended him.  Some times you need to listen to the people who see him every day.  I have no idea why some fans continue to defend Dwayne Haskins. He has literally failed every test on and more importantly off the field.  

Again when 2 completely different coaching staffs, coaches who work closely with him, see the same thing I suggest some of our fans wake up.  

29 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Who knows about the trade stuff.  But JLC broke two key stories ironically about this team.  From what i recall ironically he was the dude that got the Dan loves Haskins narrative first before that draft.  And he broke the Trent stuff but he did get wrong that we'd trade him before that season.

So on that note, I trust his notion that Haskins and Rivera and his staff don't have a lovefest cooking but not sure I trust the trade part.  It's hard to predict a trade because two have to tango.  If i am a team I'd wait the WFT out and to that end why bother during the season considering Haskins arguably isn't going to help any team win now?

Why can't we be the ones to take advantage of someone else's stupidity, rather than everyone taking advantage of ours? That would be a nice change of pace.

As for JLC, his reporting is okay, his analysis/opinion are awful. Chris Russell, in my opinion, is the same way.

1 minute ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Very well said. I too thought Guice was a good guy and defended him.  Some times you need to listen to the people who see him every day.  I have no idea why some fans continue to defend Dwayne Haskins. He has literally failed every test on and more importantly off the field.  

Again when 2 completely different coaching staffs, coaches who work closely with him, see the same thing I suggest some of our fans wake up.  

Yep and its come out in many of these stores that the FO wasn't in on Haskins either.  To me that matters, if the head of personnel, didn't want him. Scouts in that building didn't want him.  Jay didn't want him.  Apparently Rivera and his staff don't love him.  How much more do we need?  We really want them all to just grin and bear it and deal with hand dealt to them from our dummy owner through thick and thin?

i really don't get why its much of a debate.  Even if I loved Haskins, I still believe in a real NFL hierarchy, the coach makes the call.  If the coach loves or not loves a player -- that's the be all and end all.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with the process of a HC wanting to move on from a QB.   It's 100% healthy.    It doesn't matter what I think about the player, the coach has a zillion more data points about said player than i do among other things. 

What was unhealthy is saddiling a FO and a coaching staff with a player they didn't want.  If people wanted to complain that it was unfair to Haskins in that context, I agree.  But it was equally unfair to the FO and the coaching staff.  The fact that Dan is allowing this to happen is a healthy sign not an unhealthy one IMO. 

1 minute ago, mhd24 said:

I'm thinking a 2022 6th round pick.

It might be bad but I doubt that bad. 😄

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I can't imagine getting much of a pick for Haskins. We'll probably get something, since young QBs get recycled around the league all the time, but if its more than like a 5th I'd be shocked.

Might have a chance at a 4th. As I stated earlier in this thread, I’d also do a straight up deal for Darnold

Haskins is 23 and because of that he is entitled to be immature, we all were entitled to be immature at that age, what we weren't all entitled to is one of the most mentally demanding jobs in the world, those go to the people who show an uncanny level of maturity for their age.

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I agree in theory that he should be given more time but when you add up these little incidents, it's obvious why he's not liked and not looked at as a guy who's a leader.  So while I'll agree he didn't get enough time, it's easy to see why.

good summary, agree with that. Would appear it’s beyond repair as well.

as for a potential trade, I’m really not keen of eating that extra cap hit but a parting of ways does seem inevitable. who the hell knows what his trade value could be. can’t see anything higher than a 4th. even that could be unrealistic, guess you never know though.

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

One of the people here who was upset about this just recently said he trusts Rivera to make the right call.  But then when this happened that seems to have gone away.  If you go back and read this thread from the start, there is a strong correlation between people who really loved the pick then and who also hate this move now.  So i don't think its a wild coincidence. 

I've mentioned, from a football standpoint I really don't have a problem with the move.  It's the process.  The inconsistent messaging.  The viper pit of leaks.   The narratives...

It's Ron's team.  If that's his decision, fine...but again, he's gotta take responsibility for it playing out this way.  And the fact that it didn't have to.  

We'd have at least 1 less SB trophy if our then HC then threw away every guy he didn't have an immediate need for.  Probably more.    

How does Ron's recent moves maximize production/value of this guy for WFT?  I see this as hamstringing his value AND any potential development/production.  

6 minutes ago, megared said:

I've mentioned, from a football standpoint I really don't have a problem with the move.  It's the process.  The inconsistent messaging.  The viper pit of leaks.   The narratives...

It's Ron's team.  If that's his decision, fine...but again, he's gotta take responsibility for it playing out this way.  And the fact that it didn't have to.  

We'd have at least 1 less SB trophy if our then HC then threw away every guy he didn't have an immediate need for.  Probably more.    

How does Ron's recent moves maximize production/value of this guy for WFT?  I see this as hamstringing his value AND any potential development/production.  

Rivera's comments on the benching were borderline rainbow and sunshine for Haskins.  Yet he was trashed for it by some because they were taken literally.  How can he push a dude out when he admitted Haskins got an unfair shake. just to win now? Well, it seems if you believe the leaks, that was Rivera being nice and trying to maintain Haskins' value.

Some are assuming that Rivera himself is giving the leaks.  But I'd really be surprised.  I am in a business where things get leaked out.  the leaker is rarely the head honcho.

I doubt Rivera is concered about Haskins development and production anymore.  Will see.  But I am guessing they've seen enough. 

4 minutes ago, WilberMarshall said:

They just reported that he won't even be at today's game.

He is confirming the narrative about his maturity. 

Too bad.

It is a shame. It appears the relationship is just too fractured beyond hope of any mending. Just throwing out the Colts as a potential suitor for Dwyane. I'd be interested in that deal if I were Indy personally. Hope for the best and all that is all we can do at this point.

8 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Haskins is 23 and because of that he is entitled to be immature, we all were entitled to be immature at that age, what we weren't all entitled to is one of the most mentally demanding jobs in the world, those go to the people who show an uncanny level of maturity for their age.

He's entitled to be 23 because he is 23.  Expecting him to be anything beyond 23 would be pretending. 

Now knowing he's 23, you plan around the fact that he's 23, and not allow the immature behavior of a 23 year old to affect an entire football operation.

Usually this is done by not enabling 23 year old behavior in the first place, not by acting surprised when a 23 year old acts like, a 23 year old.  

Just cut the dude. A conditional 6th or 7th not worth the headache and drama. It’s over and Ron said he only wants guys who want to be here. Be done with the inevitable now.

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Ok, so...Rivera said that Hsskins was the QB right after the Ravens game? Is that accurate?

He predicted the onset of the “stomach flu” and changed his mind. 😆 

Archived