Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

19 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Go watch the Lions game where he was horrifically inaccurate.  Haskins played well against garbage pass defenses like the Giants and Eagles.  He still missed way too many throws.  His outs in particular show a lack of accuracy.  SIP repeatedly has mentioned he saw that first hand in practice 

I never countered that. I said he can improve with work and practice, and his accuracy improved as the season wore on. His improvement is even more impressive given the ****-show the coaching staff was.

35 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Higher rated? By who?

Better? By what metric?

He's higher rated by just about everybody not named Mel Kiper. I almost guarantee he will be the better player long run than Tua.

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

He's higher rated by just about everybody not named Mel Kiper. I almost guarantee he will be the better player long run than Tua.

What? I've never seen anyone say Haskins is better than Tua as a prospect (not the end all be all, mind you) except for you UNLESS the caveat is injury. And even then there are people that think the Skins should take Tua at 2.

Just now, KDawg said:

What? I've never seen anyone say Haskins is better than Tua as a prospect (not the end all be all, mind you) except for you UNLESS the caveat is injury. And even then there are people that think the Skins should take Tua at 2.

Not Haskins, Young. But I have seen people say Haskins is a better prospect than Tua, but I won't debate that.

As with many of us here at ES, I think this Tua/Burrow talk is all smoke and mirrors to create uncertainty, giving us trade leverage.

But my gut is telling me that we're focused on one team and one team only. The Lions. I dont think we're looking to draft anyone else but Chase Young. I truly believe he is our pick. If we can collect a second along with drafting Chase it'll be an ultra win.

I'm not saying we're not going to listen to offers from Miami or anyone else for that matter but I really think Detroit @ #3 and Chase Young is our target.

If the Redskins take Tua, it will just be the same old, same old. We don't need anymore players with long injury histories on this roster. I hope he stays healthy in the NFL, just not on the Skins.

5 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Winston, Mariota, Chase Daniel, Matt Moore, or Case Keenum are the realistic (and financially viable) options to bring in and "compete" for the starting jobs.  Which leaves little to be desired.  

Mariota isn't half bad.

I'd include Bortles on the list before Keenum. 

Winston would at least be entertaining, but I think he'll start for Tampa. 

Per Peter King, J. Winston is most likely adios from TB..maybe it makes him settle for less than market value for them, we’ll see. I don’t want JW in B&G..I want someone who can win a game or two. Just my preference to avoid the sideshow. I think it will be a circus if you bring in Mariota, Bridgewater, or Jameis Winston... 

Just now, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Per Peter King Winston is most likely adios from TB..maybe it makes him settle for less than market value for them, we’ll see. I don’t want JW in B&G..I want someone who can win a game or two. Just my preference to avoid the sideshow. I think it will be a circus if you bring in Mariota, Bridgewater, or Jameis Winston... 

I don't necessarily disagree. But if Rivera truly wants to win now you can't rely on Haskins and, say, Chase Daniels. You have to have a good QB behind Haskins if Haskins struggles. 

@KDawg IDK, but I don’t think that’s is the case. It will all hinge on DH either way. Let’s say we have Mariota backing him up and DH starts the season 3-5, Mariota is most likely not gonna bring you back to playoff contention at that point. So having him doesnt really make or break the season...It’s all about DH In 2020 and how much he can improve imo. Thats why I would avoid the sideshow, bring in someone lowkey but capable. 

Maybe make a push to keep Keenum, or a Bortles? Idk not sure who fits that profile yet.

22 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I trust Kyle too.  I like Hentges as a blocking TE. Sprinkle to me is "meh".  I think they got some work to do at TE.  If we are bringing this back to Haskins, IMO he deserves a good  pass catching TE, better than Sprinkle. 

I think Wilson is the unsung hero here. Not saying I'm a better scout than the guys we have in house but I like what I've read about him. I also liked Parham. I feel much better about guys like Hentges, Sprinkle, Wilson, and whoever we add than I did about Sprinkle, Holtz and Flanagan (the trio we had playing at the end of 2018). 

In some ways its like the preseason man crushes we get on players that never get opportunities (Mack Brown type players), occasionally those players get opportunities and show they can do something (Bibbs, M Harris, L Betts, S Cobbs, C Sims, etc). Some of those guys did do something when they got the chance and some didn't, so I don't think we are set at the position but I think we as fans are so used to having some guys on the preseason roster who we never get to see in live game action because we draft their replacements. 

I think part of this is the fan opinion that a "seasoned vet" is immediately better than an unproven rookie. And unless we're going for the top tier FAs who are going to command top dollar, most of the FAs are going to come with questions and if we allocate a lot of money toward these question marks, not only does it hurt our cap but it also almost guarantees them playing time to try to "live up" to that contract. Its no guarantee that all the preseason heroes will live up to anything but I have liked the stories where we have been willing to (or forced to) play the unknown guy (like S. Sims) and thats why I'm rooting for Wilson to become a complete TE and a resource for Haskins in his development. 

8 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I think Wilson is the unsung hero here. Not saying I'm a better scout than the guys we have in house but I like what I've read about him. I also liked Parham. I feel much better about guys like Hentges, Sprinkle, Wilson, and whoever we add than I did about Sprinkle, Holtz and Flanagan (the trio we had playing at the end of 2018). 

Judging by what the beat guys are saying, they aren't chilled at Redskins Park about what they have in house at TE.  Multiple reporters actually said they heard they see TE as their #1 weakness that they want it to be addressed.

I think part of this is the fan opinion that a "seasoned vet" is immediately better than an unproven rookie. 

I am more OK with this TE crop in the draft than most.  I got about 4-5 guys I'd be happy with.  But I don't think they are set if they don't make a move and just let it ride at TE. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Judging by what the beat guys are saying, they aren't chilled at Redskins Park about what they have in house at TE.  Multiple reporters actually said they heard they see TE as their #1 weakness that they want to be addressed.

Yeah, thing is most of the guys being discussed are meh to me. Its change for the sake of change but not necessarily good change. If we could bring In the top two TEs of this FA class, sure it may be good, but what if Henry gets hurt again or if Hooper proves that he's not the threat we think he is without Jones on the outside. Then there are guys like Ebron which to me is a bunch of nothing. Trading for Njoku or Howard are also ideas (probably better ideas than the ones previously stated but we're still hoping we can turn these guys careers around). 

I'm all about developing our guys. With so much riding on Haskins development, I'd like to surround him with either as many sure things as possible or as much potential as possible. If we can develop Wilson that'd be one positive that we get for free, especially since his comparable was to Jordan Reed. But the other side of that is that we could spend draft capital on a TE to develop into a threat and that wouldn't mean giving up on Sprinkle or Hentges or Wilson too soon. 

And as down as I am on Sprinkle and realize that he probably needs to be replaced, he did see his most productive season under Haskins, and if he could improve his drops, he showed a lot more than Hentges in terms of ability to get open and find holes in coverage and just has more speed and thus ability to probably make a big play. I think he has ability to still develop into a legit TE. 

I just don't think this is as grim of a position as we're hearing in media. But this is the offseason so we're going to look to upgrade. I think CB is a much bigger need for us because behind Dunbar we've got almost nobody with NFL snaps on the roster. And what CB on our roster has had even more than a handful of positive NFL snaps? That means that we're going to either depend a lot on a FA (probably overpriced) or a rookie (and another low round pick?) I think that is a dire position because there are so  many people on the field at once and we can only hope to get lucky like we did at WR in last year's draft. 

Dolphins insider Safid Deen of the South Florida Sun Sentinel caused quite a stir in the Nation’s Capital this past weekend when he reported per a source that the Redskins wanted to bring Tua Tagovailoa in to compete with last year’s first round draft pick, Dwayne Haskins.

Deen joined Tuesday’s The Doc and Galdi Show on the Team 980/95.9FM to shed some light on how Tagovailoa’s meeting with the Redskins went.

“[The Redskins are unsure if Dwayne Haskins is their guy] is the overlying theme that Tua left the meeting with,” said Deen. “Whether the Redskins said that or not, I can’t tell you personally, but sources close to Tua said that was the resolving feeling.”

Despite having reported on the Redskins wanting to bring Tua in, Deen admits that Washington is an unlikely destination for the left-handed signal caller.

“I really think it’s all a smokescreen,” Deen begins. “I think a lot of people know what the Redskins should do and are going to do and I think the Redskins are trying to dissect from that and say that they are going to keep their options open.”

The Dolphins insider gives us his take on what he thinks the Redskins are going to do with their number two pick and suggests what the Dolphins may do to get Tagovailoa.

“I think Washington holds on to this pick,” Deen states. “Chase young is one of the best players in this draft and I would be surprised if the Redskins pass up on him. I think Burrow goes first, Young goes second, the Dolphins make a trade with Detroit because there are some other teams that could use Tua.”

https://theteam980.com/144789/tua-tagovailoa-redskins-report-safid-deen/?omcamp=es-team980-nl&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily Newsletter Send - Team980 2020-03-03&utm_term=Team980 ALL SUBSCRIBERS

31 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

And as down as I am on Sprinkle and realize that he probably needs to be replaced, he did see his most productive season under Haskins, and if he could improve his drops, he showed a lot more than Hentges in terms of ability to get open and find holes in coverage and just has more speed and thus ability to probably make a big play. I think he has ability to still develop into a legit TE. 

I am probably the leader of the band on the draft thread about there being some intriguing draft possibilities in the 3rd-5th round range at TE:  Kmet, Trautman, Albert Okwuegbunam, Brycen Hopkins, converting Chase Claypool to a TE.  All of these guys IMO are more talented than Sprinkle.  Heck I'd probably take Harrison and Hunter Bryant over Sprinkle, too.

38 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Also, it’s more of a service to use games Haskins started and look at the numbers, if numbers are going to be used. Overall, I’m optimistic, but have reached no conclusion. 

Archived