Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

That was one of the better throws of the afternoon, for sure.  Still think the misses were terrible and something you shouldn't see from any QB, starter or backup.

6 hours ago, Bagonmyhead said:

Will someone tell me why Cam Sims is not playing in games?

Cause he's not that good.  He's another ES preseason hero.  

We should create a Robert McCune trophy.  Or title belt.  Or maybe title it the McCune Brennan Cup or something.

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Cause he's not that good.  He's another ES preseason hero.  

We should create a Robert McCune trophy.  Or title belt.  Or maybe title it the McCune Brennan Cup or something.

Cary Conklin was the original preseason hero but he was around before ES and Twitter. 

3 hours ago, justice98 said:

That's not fair to Lamar though.  He game managed in the passing game.  He compensated for his deficiencies by running, which put him in advantageous down and distances.  So he just had to make a throw here or there and they'd move the ball up and down the field.  

They wouldn't have even been in the playoffs had Flacco been starting. They were 4-5 with Flacco and spinning their wheels.  And Flacco and Lamar were performing basically the same in the passing game.  

If Haskins brought anything to the table to compensate for his ineffectiveness as a passer, he could buy himself some time to develop like Lamar did.  When a rookie QB is 6-1 as a starting QB and spark the whole team, that's all the "good" he needed to be.  For a rookie QB, that's good enough.  It looks a lot more promising for him than if he's bumbling and stumbling around looking clueless.  

Flacco was leading the league in passing before his injury. 

In addition, a mobile quarterback with limited pocket presence has a considerably more difficult path to a long future at the position in comparison to a pocket passer with limited experience at the professional level due to the exposed risk of injury and lack of development due to the crutch of running when a play breaks down as opposed to finding another receiver.  

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

So did Ryan Leaf, Heath Shuler, Jamarcus Russel, Matt Leinart, Joey Harrington, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Rick Mirer, David Carr, Cade McNown, Andre Ware, David Klingler, Johnny Manziel and countless others. Haskins is a bust. Like many, so many before him....

2 games started and he’s a bust....lol

Some of yall WANT him to fail. Smh. 

1 minute ago, RonArtest15 said:

2 games started and he’s a bust....lol

Some of yall WANT him to fail. Smh. 

He's a bust like every other first round QB drafted by the Skins in the modern era and 80% of QBs drafted in the first round in the NFL. He is so horrible that yes you can cut him now and know he will never amount to anything in the NFL. He is probably in the Ryan leaf tier of busts. No point in wasting any more time or resources on him. Start him the rest of the way to secure a top pick then move on...

Just now, Llevron said:

They do. Same people said they wanted to see any flashes. Then they get them and say well anyone can do that. 

I don't want him to fail.  I can recognize the kid also wasn't put into an ideal situation.

That said, you'd like for the flashes not to be overshadowed by the WTF's.  I think that's the issue at hand and why some folks are gung ho to call this over with before it ever really starts.  

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

They do. Same people said they wanted to see any flashes. Then they get them and say well anyone can do that. 

NEVER seen this type of vitriol directed towards a rookie qb here after 2 starts. Look, i get that there’s toxicity with this franchise. However when it comes from some in the local media, and then from some fans, it makes for an awful situation. The kid has done nothing wrong...give him time. Like I said, if he’s struggling at this time next year, by all means talk up replacements etc. However, looking into a crystal ball and saying what his ceiling ultimately is, is flat out moronic after 2 starts. 

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don't want him to fail.  I can recognize the kid also wasn't put into an ideal situation.

That said, you'd like for the flashes not to be overshadowed by the WTF's.  I think that's the issue at hand and why some folks are gung ho to call this over with before it ever really starts.  

Oh please dont think im talking about you. You seem to have a fair take on this. Its the "hes a diva and a coach killer without any talent" people that I am calling out. 

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Oh please dont think im talking about you. You seem to have a fair take on this. Its the "hes a diva and a coach killer without any talent" people that I am calling out. 

No, I wasn't taking it personally.  Just saying outside of the few outliers, who have been and are very adamant that Haskins is a bust, I think many of us are just not real impressed by the flashes because the rest of it has been rather poor - mechanics & the wild inaccuracy on the gimmes.  

6 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

NEVER seen this type of vitriol directed towards a rookie qb here after 2 starts. Look, i get that there’s toxicity with this franchise. However when it comes from some in the local media, and then from some fans, it makes for an awful situation. The kid has done nothing wrong...give him time. Like I said, if he’s struggling at this time next year, by all means talk up replacements etc. However, looking into a crystal ball and saying what his ceiling ultimately is, is flat out moronic after 2 starts. 

Not every bust does something wrong intentionally. None of the countless other players drafted in the first round as QB intended to be busts. Nearly all of them are. If Haskins was doing something wrong intentionally, it would be a far better situation because it would be correctable. The dude is so beyond bad it's already hopeless. I expect a full apology when you agree in 12 months or however long it's going to take you to accept the fact that he is a bust. Claiming it's vitriol or spiteful or moronic is complete BS. It's fact based. Period.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Oof, that's a difficult spot.  I want to criticize how our RB's are pass blocking, but that's just a tough one.  Blitzers are shown in both B gaps and both A gaps, so the RB is aligned in more of a fullback spot to handle interior pressure instead of next to the QB in shotgun.  They then bail half the interior blitzers, so Smallwood checks that then releases vertically for his route.

But with how often the Bills and Jets blitzed Corners and Safeties on the Edge, we need to switch up how our RB's check for blitzers.  It's a lot more work for the RB, and by the time they check everything, it might be too late for them to really be a viable check down option upon releasing into their route.

Why is this thread at the top of this board with 303 pages? Please start another Haskins thread with a more appropriate title.

How about, "Which QB should the Redskins draft for the 2020 season?"and please don't let Snyder's son make the pick.

Haskins seems to have one NFL quality ability; a strong arm so, of course, he is going to make some eye catching throws. Unfortunately, he seems to have little pocket awareness and for a big individual he goes down like a "sack" of potatoes if he is touched,

44 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Not every bust does something wrong intentionally. None of the countless other players drafted in the first round as QB intended to be busts. Nearly all of them are. If Haskins was doing something wrong intentionally, it would be a far better situation because it would be correctable. The dude is so beyond bad it's already hopeless. I expect a full apology when you agree in 12 months or however long it's going to take you to accept the fact that he is a bust. Claiming it's vitriol or spiteful or moronic is complete BS. It's fact based. Period.

apology to who?  I dont care about your trolling nut *** opinions enough to do so lol

1 hour ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Flacco was leading the league in passing before his injury. 

In addition, a mobile quarterback with limited pocket presence has a considerably more difficult path to a long future at the position in comparison to a pocket passer with limited experience at the professional level due to the exposed risk of injury and lack of development due to the crutch of running when a play breaks down as opposed to finding another receiver.  

Pretty sure Flscco wasnt leading the league in anything last year.  He was pretty underwhelming before he got hurt. 

Flacco's numbers and Lamar's numbers were basically the same, from an average stat standpoint.  Completion percentage was basically the same, TD/INT ratio was the same, passer rating, yards per attempt, etc.  

39 minutes ago, Smurf3 said:

Haskins seems to have one NFL quality ability; a strong arm so, of course, he is going to make some eye catching throws. Unfortunately, he seems to have little pocket awareness and for a big individual he goes down like a "sack" of potatoes if he is touched,

His pocket awareness is what I’m most encouraged about. He’s very willing to hang in the pocket and has shown an ability to get outside the pocket both going right or left. An example was posted above your quoted post above of great pocket awareness and standing strong in the pocket. 

Obviously a ways to go for him, but some natural feel in the pocket appears to be present. Why do you feel he doesn’t? 

I think what is concerning to the average fan is he looks different than other rookie QBs, in a bad way. Daniel Jones is struggling, but he passes the eye test. You can see in the way he moves around and the decisions he makes, that he is a QB. Haskins on the other hand looks like something else, and if it weren't for his elite arm talent, there would be zero to hang your hat on. I'm not saying he's a bust, but he doesn't pass my eye test and I'm even giving benefit of the doubt for him being a rookie in a ****ty situation. It isn't about that, it is more fundamental. 

42 minutes ago, Smurf3 said:

Why is this thread at the top of this board with 303 pages? Please start another Haskins thread with a more appropriate title.

How about, "Which QB should the Redskins draft for the 2020 season?"and please don't let Snyder's son make the pick.

I'd say he has pocket awareness, actually.

It's just once he avoids the initial pressure he has no idea what to do. When plays break down he is in a total state of "deer in headlights". And when he does know what to do, he launches a pass with his elbow dipped and feet in the air that misses everyone by 5 yards.

Archived