Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

19 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Are you talking about the penalty for taking the helmet off yesterday? Cause that was Brandon Scherff, not Morgan Moses. 

Lol yeah I realized that after...but left it because who cares; they are both penalty machines doing their best turn style impression this season

15 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Too many times I’ve seen Peyton Manning’s rookie year brought into the conversation about Dwayne. 

While Manning threw a lot of picks, he still looked the part.  He never looked anything like Dwayne has looked to this point.

That’s nothing against Haskins, but the Manning comparisons are wild to me.

And Lamar Jackson?

The version we see now is almost a 180 from the guy who was freshly drafted. 

not saying you, but folks think it’s inconceivable that a qb can improve from year to year. This is EXACTLY why I’m blown at people closing the book on Haskins after 2 starts and overall instability, that he’s a finished product.  It’s like some people want him to fail. 

if he’s faltering this time next year, by all means have the discussion about moving on from him. Now?  It’s ENTIRELY premature. 

Basically Moses is calling out Haskins for not recognizing blitzes and getting the ball out faster.

The Oline is trash and Haskins is literally begging them to help him out. People complain that he “hasn’t earned the right” to do that but if the line keeps playing like this then he’ll never get the chance to earn it.

Bergstrom is also complete trash and after he had the audacity to roll his eyes and scoff and DH he shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near the field again. His game and subsequent reaction is the perfect metaphor for the entire organization. Don’t do your job and don’t care either way.

50 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

And Lamar Jackson?

not saying you, but folks think it’s inconceivable that a qb can improve from year to year. This is EXACTLY why I’m blown at people closing the book on Haskins after 2 starts and overall instability, that he’s a finished product.  It’s like some people want him to fail. 

if he’s faltering this time next year, by all means have the discussion about moving on from him. Now?  It’s ENTIRELY premature. 

What Lamar had going for him that Dwayne doesn't is incredible wheels that move the chains.

I don't think anyone is really expecting Dwayne to be all that great right now, but what we have seen just isn't very good, with very little flashes to make one think his ceiling is very high.  Clearly, this team has nothing to lose in continuing to start him.  I'm fine with letting it play out.  But I'm not going to lie to myself and make up things to feel good about regarding what he's put on tape thus far. 

53 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

And Lamar Jackson?

Right and in Troy Aikman's rookie year, he couldn't beat out fellow rookie (and undrafted rookie, I believe) Steve Walsh. Many people were writing off Aikman his rookie year and thanking the football fates that they lucked out with someone like Walsh who could carry the team.

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

Right and in Troy Aikman's rookie year, he couldn't beat out fellow rookie (and undrafted rookie, I believe) Steve Walsh. Many people were writing off Aikman his rookie year and thanking the football fates that they lucked out with someone like Walsh who could carry the team.

Steve Walsh was taken in the supplemental draft for a first round pick which turned out to be the top overall pick in 1990. The Cowboys had the second pick in the supplemental draft. Nearly every team had a first round grade on Walsh and he would have been taken by multiple teams. Aikman broke his finger and missed 5 games that Walsh started that year. He was traded a year later to the Saints for a 1st 2nd and 3rd and the 2nd could be turned into another first based on performance. Walsh was not some undrafted scrub. He was also Jimmy Johnson’s National Championship winning QB in Miami.

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Steve Walsh was taken in the supplemental draft for a first round pick which turned out to be the top overall pick in 1990. The Cowboys had the second pick in the supplemental draft. Nearly every team had a first round grade on Walsh and he would have been taken by multiple teams. Aikman broke his finger and missed 5 games that Walsh started that year. He was traded a year later to the Saints for a 1st 2nd and 3rd and the 2nd could be turned into another first based on performance. Walsh was not some undrafted scrub. He was also Jimmy Johnson’s National Championship winning QB in Miami.

Okay, I forgot some stuff. History still proves out that Steve Walsh was a scrub, a bum, and a waste. A lot of Cowboys' fans were enraged that they held onto Aikman when Walsh looked so much better in year one.

6 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Okay, I forgot some stuff. History still proves out that Steve Walsh was a scrub, a bum, and a waste. A lot of Cowboys' fans were enraged that they held onto Aikman when Walsh looked so much better in year one.

He was basically the top overall pick of the 1990 draft and was a scrub, a bum and a waste. Much like Haskins is now. You are proving the point that you know what you have early. Jimmy dumped him despite recruiting him to Miami and getting a National Championship out of him.  His ceiling was considered way higher than Haskins is now, hence the number 1 overall pick cost. He cost the Cowboys the same as Aikman. They could have dumped Troy just as easily. Yet Walsh was dumped. We should learn that lesson...

4 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Matt Patricia is going to confuse him as much if not more than Gregg Williams. Then he gets a Ron Rivera defense which isn’t a walk in the park. Followed up by the Preston Smith revenge game and a pretty aggressive Packers team. Then the Eagles trying to stay in the division race. I think the next month will destroy him and any chances of getting a decent coach if Dan and Bruce insist he be developed.

Yep gonna be a tough road.  Pace yourself.  I hear it could make you go blind.  

9 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Steve Czaban just said he believes Skins Management will give Haskins at least 3 years to develop.   He believes Haskins is the new Josh Doctson.  

On the other hand, he feels bad for Haskins because he is going to be struggling for several years on a bad team.

Unless they somehow land Urban Meyer, that's not feasible. Otherwise they think Alex is back and Haskins goes to the bench. There is no world where you can start this guy next year without boo birds from game 1.

4 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

That's not what Moses said though.  He said "if you have 7 guys rushing you, and only 5 protectors, how many guys are rushing free?".  There were only 4 guys rushing to majority of the game, which leaves one OL free to block.  Instead of just standing there doing nothing post-snap, the OL has to be smart enough to move on to the next rusher when they realize the guy they're blocking isn't rushing.  Obviously, it's hard to say how much is on Haskins and how much is on the OL when it comes to the breakdown in protections, but given the way this OL has played all season with 3 different QB's at the helm, I'm not going to just automatically assign blame to Haskins.

Gregg Williams won't make things easy for Dwayne Haskins & the #Redskins. 3rd & 6, shows double A gap, ends up only send 4, but rushes S Adams & the slot corner, with only two of the interior bunch coming. Nobody picks up the slot corner, Haskins eludes but Adams gets the sack http://pic.twitter.com/GZb1MpAFh7

— Mark Bullock (@MarkBullockNFL) November 17, 2019

I think this is an example of what Moses is talking about. 

18 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Steve Czaban just said he believes Skins Management will give Haskins at least 3 years to develop.   He believes Haskins is the new Josh Doctson.  

On the other hand, he feels bad for Haskins because he is going to be struggling for several years on a bad team.

The whole thing is he's kinda assuming the conclusion here because we know how Doctson turned out. I know you've posted on this already and Czabe has given his feeling on this, but many of us are still in the wait and see camp. I mean, look no further than Guice who we waited for to show something and were impressed yesterday. Look at other players who developed like Fuller and Ioannidis and Moses and Murphy. Its interesting that Haskins is immediately lumped in with a bust who had potential only because people want to dictate the narrative. 

12 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Gregg Williams won't make things easy for Dwayne Haskins & the #Redskins. 3rd & 6, shows double A gap, ends up only send 4, but rushes S Adams & the slot corner, with only two of the interior bunch coming. Nobody picks up the slot corner, Haskins eludes but Adams gets the sack http://pic.twitter.com/GZb1MpAFh7

— Mark Bullock (@MarkBullockNFL) November 17, 2019

I think this is an example of what Moses is talking about. 

Not sure how that's on Haskins.  The RB simply didn't execute his block.  What else could Haskins have done there pre and post-snap?

6 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Not sure how that's on Haskins.  The RB simply didn't execute his block.  What else could Haskins have done there pre and post-snap?

I don't think it is. But its the confusion Williams was trying to deliver. Who do you assign to block? Barber was saying how they had Adams playing DE and then moving across the line, and asking how do you assign protection for that? I think it becomes a system where they needed to get on the same page. And I think we saw some of that later in the game. The Jets may have backed off some but I don't think so. Adams was still active on the 2 point conversions and I thought Haskins played well there, and on those two scoring drives. 

3 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

And Lamar Jackson?

There's a difference in a QB getting better as the year's progress and one who seems like he is not NFL ready.

Jackson was good from the start, he was 6-1 as a starter last year, 14-3 as a starting QB in his career with 36 total TDs and 8 Ints.

I don't have any problem in theory with the Redskins planning to give Haskins multiple years to prove himself. That's what you do with rookie first round QBs. The only hesitation is that no rules are written in stone. If a prospect comes along that has ten times the potential then the "rules" go out the window.

But as of now, I don't have a problem with this as a plan written in pencil.

45 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I can see that.   You have to wonder not only can he improve - but can he improve here?    What’s the Redskins track record with QB’s?  Not too good.  

Archived