Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

11 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Do you think they'll let Burrow have Sonny's #9?

You planning on the Bengals winning a few games and the Skins pulling one out in true Redskin fashion?

If not, Burrow will not be on the board at #2.

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

So I havent really changed my mind that - thats not how you talk to people to get results when it comes to Haskins and the Oline. But I read someone say in here that they need someone to dig in that ass and get them going and I can agree with that. The media people who seem to know the team and have no problem criticizing haskins also seem to think its not a big deal at all. So ill assume im probably off base here. My office style communication skills would probably mean exactly **** on a football field. But then im not allowed to cure at people in my office and damn would that change some things lol

He is doing what great QBs do:

http://www.nfl.com/m/share?p=%2Fvideos%2Fnfl-game-highlights%2F0ap3000000963068%2FBrady-screams-at-teammates-to-do-your-job

Edited by ClaytoAli
7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Ok.

Quiz time! How many Super Bowl MVPs did Tom Brady have at that point? 

Doesn't make a difference.

The QB is the play caller and provides the coaches direction to the offence.

If the O-Line can't get formations correct, can't block correctly (i.e. letting a defender get his hands up to block a pass), or is just deficient (Moses), then he has to get the point across that something has to be done.

If receivers make up their own routes or don't communicate their issues with getting free from a defender, he has to get the point across that something has to be done.

Edited by ClaytoAli
59 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You planning on the Bengals winning a few games and the Skins pulling one out in true Redskin fashion?

If not, Burrow will not be on the board at #2.

Bengals have the Browns twice and the Jets and Dolphins. Heck even the Steelers are vulnerable. I think Ryan Finley will  could lead them to at least one win. Whats the tie breaker look like? 

Edited by dballer
2 minutes ago, dballer said:

Bengals have the Browns twice and the Jets and Dolphins. Heck even the Steelers are vulnerable. I think Ryan Finley will  could lead them to at least one win. Whats the tie breaker look like? 

The Browns, Jets and Dolphins all look like bad NFL football teams. The Bengals look like a good college team.

The Redskins look like a bad high school team.

I think, short of a schedule change which sees the Bengals play the Skins, the Bengals are going to struggle the rest of the way.

• Like 1

Every time we trot a quarterback out that can't yet read defenses, call the right protections, or audible accordingly, the offensive line gets the brunt of the blame.

I'm not about to sit here and say the Oline is great by any stretch, but Dwayne leaving the pocket to find a sack surely doesn't help them.  Even looking at Guice's comments post game, he was very specific - that it's Dwayne's offense, he can audible, he calls the protections, etc. - so it's on Dwayne, and they'll follow.

I understand that's a lot for a raw guy like Dwayne to do, and I'm not in the camp that thinks his poor showing thus far is all the evidence needed that he's going to bust.  But the fact of the matter is, at this very early point in his career, he's helping his Oline look bad.  That's a fact.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

Doesn't make a difference.

The QB is the play caller and provides the coaches direction to the offence.

If the O-Line can't get formations correct, can't block correctly (i.e. letting a defender get his hands up to block a pass), or is just deficient (Moses), then he has to get the point across that something has to be done.

If receivers make up their own routes or don't communicate their issues with getting free from a defender, he has to get the point across that something has to be done.

Aiight if thats how you feel. i spent most my post (the post you quoted) saying that I was probably wrong. So, what? For what purpose do you seeking recognition? 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

What formations are the line getting wrong? They line up virtually the same on every play... :ols:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Every time we trot a quarterback out that can't yet read defenses, call the right protections, or audible accordingly, the offensive line gets the brunt of the blame.

I'm not about to sit here and say the Oline is great by any stretch, but Dwayne leaving the pocket to find a sack surely doesn't help them.  Even looking at Guice's comments post game, he was very specific - that it's Dwayne's offense, he can audible, he calls the protections, etc. - so it's on Dwayne, and they'll follow.

I understand that's a lot for a raw guy like Dwayne to do, and I'm not in the camp that thinks his poor showing thus far is all the evidence needed that he's going to bust.  But the fact of the matter is, at this very early point in his career, he's helping his Oline look bad.  That's a fact.

Its a fact, sure. But its also a fact that this same oline ended Smiths career, probably colts, and put that other dude on the bench. None of our vet QBs looked much better behind this same line. So alot of it is on them as well. None of them are good. At least from what I can tell. And it was that way before Haskins. 

Not that you were saying otherwise. I just wanted to add some color. 

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Its a fact, sure. But its also a fact that this same oline ended Smiths career, probably colts, and put that other dude on the bench. None of our vet QBs looked much better behind this same line. So alot of it is on them as well. None of them are good. At least from what I can tell. And it was that way before Haskins. 

Not that you were saying otherwise. I just wanted to add some color. 

Both Smith and Keenum were new to the offense though, so naturally there were going to be some growing pains.  Where Smith and Keenum have a leg up on Haskins is obviously just from NFL experience running an offense, but they all share not having that much time in 'this' offense.

I don't think the offensive line is that good at all, but a lot of what I've seen of Dwayne is just inexperience with what he's looking at, not calling the proper protections, not seeing the blitz, and kind of running right into sacks.  All that should serve as a learning experience for him.

10 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I just saw that "What do I have to do?" clip on twitter from yesterday.  Awkward would be an understatement.  

I don't take that clip as Dwayne calling out his o-line or yelling at them.  But I do take it that his o-line has close to zero respect for him because most of them wouldn't even look in his direction.  Shades of 2015 when the o-line was getting blasted by fans and media for looking terrible until there was a quarterback change.

37 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Aiight if thats how you feel. i spent most my post (the post you quoted) saying that I was probably wrong. So, what? For what purpose do you seeking recognition? 

Just for you to like me, that's all I need - my whole life 😣.

12 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

I don't take that clip as Dwayne calling out his o-line or yelling at them.  But I do take it that his o-line has close to zero respect for him because most of them wouldn't even look in his direction.  Shades of 2015 when the o-line was getting blasted by fans and media for looking terrible until there was a quarterback change.

So im not trying to call you out but I dont think things happened the way you remember them.

First, there was no QB change in 2015. Kirk started the entire season. 

Second the entire starting oline from 2014 (Griffin) and 2015 (Cousins) was different with the exception of Trent Williams. 

So the oline stepping up in 2015 probably had more to do with them changing the entire line than either QB

But I agree with you sorta in that I dont know why they would respect a guy that talks to them like that. But im not a football player so that could just be how they are used to being spoken to. 

1 minute ago, ClaytoAli said:

Just for you to like me, that's all I need - my whole life 😣.

Well guess what lol

• Like 1

I think our OL has played poorly. For almost the entirety of Callahan's time here, a year or 2 of decent pass pro aside.

The play calling has been terrible, especially for a rookie QB.  At least we called a screen to Guice, and a deep ball to TMC.  

If we burrow for Burrow, I am prepared to learn in camp that he is super raw and that it's best to not play him; that his footwork needs work, is struggling with our Skakespearean playbook, and that our new coach didn't want him.

11 minutes ago, Llevron said:

First, there was no QB change in 2015. Kirk started the entire season. 

Robert was the starter all offseason.  It wasn't until our 4th preseason game that Gruden announced Kirk as the starter.  The offensive line was getting crucified by the media and fans (remember the Lions preseason game where Gruden was accused of leaving Griffin in the game to get hurt and how the o-line was terrible and couldn't protect him) despite the fact that Griffin was calling the wrong protections.  When Cousins became the full time starter, the sacks went down.

10 hours ago, Vanguard said:

@HTTRDynasty

Did we run play action more than three or four times today.  Maybe you know.  I swear it works, if I was a offensive coordinator it would be my bread and butter.  You consistently trick a defense with it.  Run it on first down sometimes for goodness sakes.  Don’t get me started.  I swear I need a podcast to express all my frustrations with this team....

I’m not sure, but I agree that we should be running it more. 

• TK changed the title to FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State
  • PCS locked this topic