Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

57 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

These guys will always be tied together in perception, and he's a hated Giant, so here's something at least:

The interceptions I get wtf can’t he hold onto the football? Granted, I don’t watch any film on him.  And I want to continue seeing him suck.

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

I actually like Joe Burrow, but he's technically also a one year wonder. Last season he didn't do much...had 16 TDs and 5 INTs. So far this year he's absolutely killing it and IMO is playing as well as Tua with a lesser supporting cast. Now, to be fair, some of that I think had to do with LSU adjusting its offense to be more modern and pass oriented. They used to be pretty much a pure 21 personnel running team but that has changed over the last year or two. 

Burrow has better measurables than Tua and has a stronger arm. He’s also not injury prone. He’s playing against much better competition than Haskins did as well and he commands the offense better than anyone I’ve seen come through LSU. His receivers may be the best in the country. Chase, Jefferson, and Marshall will all be first round draft picks when it’s all said and done. Just watch. Drew Henson beat out Brady at Michigan...

it worked out best for both teams though. Would love for the Skins to draft Burrow. He is going to be great in this league. 

3 hours ago, NickyJ said:

I want to blame the organization for him not starting, but he's now had 2 coaches in his rookie season who have locked him in the freezer without a second thought. If someone told me at preseason that our 3 man QB competition would come to this, I would not have believed him.

I wouldn’t put too much stock in having X amount of coaches ins first year. I firm believer that either you have it or your don’t in today’s NFL. Haskins needs to play at some point. He can’t just ride the bench his first year, while our starting QB gets 50 yards and 0 points in today’s game.  This would have been the best game to play him in.

I don't see the point behind the strategy of going after ANY QB.  At this point, I'd only be interested in a consensus, generational player with the draft pick I get.  If to you, that's Tua, okay fine.  But I'm not looking to grab a QB just for the sake of it.  

Otherwise, it needs to be BPA.  A lot of positions on our team could benefit from a top 5 talent.  I'm tired of seeing them reach for guys with injury histories or trade down in some mock show of wizardry.  Trent was a #4, Samuels was a #3 overall...Sean Taylor was a #5.  

Did you see why Bosa was the #2 overall today?

23 minutes ago, megared said:

Lol.  7 tackles, 4 TFL, 1 sack. What game were you watching?  He was everywhere.

Don’t like him as a person, and aside from being strong, overhyped player.

And you’re going to tell me that wasn’t a garbage time sack?

I’ve been seeing many posts since we drafted him about how much of a good guy he is and a hard worker and all these things that say he has high character.

I think Haskins has an attitude problem though. as soon as he got drafted he felt slighted because he wasn’t take earlier or perhaps taken by the giants.   That was a red flag for me.

He always seems aloof and uninterested whenever panned to on the sidelines. I just don’t think the dude has the right mindset currently, and unfortunately, these things are slow to change and often kill players careers before they can correct them.

it won’t matter as much if he comes in and lights it up, but I’m expecting a rude awakening headed his way. 

2 hours ago, megared said:

Lol.  7 tackles, 4 TFL, 1 sack. What game were you watching?  He was everywhere.

He wasn’t. He was in and around the LoS because we only threw the ball 12 times and our OL couldn’t open up a hole with a chainsaw. I honestly don’t think you could base anything off of today’s game.

Let’s be honest. None of this will matter in probably less than a decade from now because the NFL will no longer be a draw similar to the destruction of Nascar racing. #1 reason is because of the millions these kids get paid right out the gate. Then Their first injury happens then their parents, brothers, sisters, wives etc. tell them don’t go out their and try so hard and get hurt again and ruin all of ours cash cow. 
so then he becomes all the sudden “injury prone” like Colt, Thompson, Reed etc. which is not what it is. It’s their scared of playing and getting hurt and the big Check stopping. Scary Terry will be the next example of this happening. You can’t pay a kid what equals to a lottery ticket win every year and expect him to stand in front of a wrecking ball every Sunday and not eventually want to sit a few Sunday’s out away from the wrecking ball and still get the lottery win. It’s not about winning football games and Super Bowls for these guys anymore. It’s now just about surviving and paying for parents, brothers, sisters, friends etc. bills along with theirs which means just sit on the sideline and keep saying my head, leg, back whatever still hurts coach. 

Dont worry haskins will play next year bruce and snyder will give the excuse that hes basically a rookie and give the notion the league will need to watch out in 2021 but will want the fans to support the team etc etc i smell im 2021 there will be another coaching change and then some guy off the street or a late round pick will come in by week 6 will win some games and give us hope for 2022 which during the offseason dan will fire up redskins 1 Trade for some 34 year old qb maybe cam newton extend him and we will start the cycle all over....and oh half this forum will still be advocating for the great kyle smith to be promoted to gm this even though we will be a talentless team with zero depth.

7 hours ago, Vanguard said:

Well the hype delivered yesterday.  He matched the production of our top 2 pass rushers.  

Is it his fault we only threw 12 times?  What opportunity was there for him to get a bunch of sacks?  

7 hours ago, Vanguard said:

I believe your dislike of him as a person may distort your view of him as a player.

i have a feeling if you got to know every player personally, you'd be surprised at who you liked and disliked...

I have watched the niners a few times this year, and Bosa is no joke. Wish we had guy like that (CHASE YOUNG PLEASE)

10 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Jones had a fumbling issue in college.

Keim putting a LOT of stock into the evaluations of a sub par coaching staff....

Sure Jay isn't there anymore, but is this really addition by subtraction? Don't get me wrong, Jay had to go, but not because everything was going to get better without him. Just a natural course of action. 

You have the same group of geniuses, minus the head genius, making the same decisions over and over again. Anyone ever stop and think, as many things as this staff is wrong about, maybe they are wrong about Haskins' readiness too?

And Case very well may give us the best chance to win games, but WHO CARES. That chance is still very small, and it doesn't really matter anymore. There are plenty of QBs throughout the league that look like they don't know what they are doing week in and week out. But they still get trotted out there. 

Archived