Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

14 hours ago, volsmet said:

I disagree with Simms on Haskins, and Jays offense. He has plays for the different parts of the field and different route combos, but we haven't had the wr and qb combos to exploit them. I think that's the thing about Haskins making all the throws /right now) is that we may finally be able to see this offense in action.

I still feel sorry for Doctson because i don't think Haskins is going to force throws to him, especially not deep balls when he's got more chemistry with 17 going on a 15 yard crosser that can get more yards after catch. It's just a smarter play. Sorry Josh. 

12 hours ago, volsmet said:

Kirk not being good at tackle football is a testament to the work Jay did with him, no doubt. Jay, in a few short years, turned Kirk into Keenum-extra-medium. 

Keenum played lights out in 2017, I mean he was fantastic. Yet the Vikes felt they needed an upgrade and made the decision to sign Kirk Couisins to a monster deal based on his play of the previous few seasons. That says it all right there, Kirk Cousins was and perhaps still is considered a pretty good QB.  And that all came as a result of the development under Jay Gruden, under Shannahan he was trending as career backup if that.

So i watched the OSU/MIchigan State game from last year. I saw the same thing with Haskins. This is 4 games now that I have watched and I'm just not impressed. Sure we can find a clip or 5 of him completing nice passes in the mid-ranges. But you watch those 4 games (Penn State, Michigan and Washington) and tell me you are impressed. He was missing guys all over the field, easy throws and some on critical 3rd downs.  

Here's my thing, I hear a good bit of skepticism from Battered Fan Syndrome and in a way he speaks for that part of all of us, we are battered fans, we get our hopes up and then get abused, year after year. We're the girlfriend with the blackeye that won't file charges. So if anything, no matter how hopeful I might want to be about Haskins or Sweat or whatever, there is still that nagging shoe waiting to drop.

But hey, isn't Jay one too? Whether you like him or not, this is the guy's job, he's been trying to make this work and still ends up holding a tissue to a split lip, maybe worse than any of us. If he's skeptical about Haskins in a way that has nothing to do with Haskins, hell, I can understand that. He's gotten a ton of criticism and a lot of it is about things that aren't in his control. He's the waiter getting screamed at about the way the food was made and he has to just stand there and take it. It would wear on ya over time.

I'm not making a case against any cynicism or doubts, I get that it is well founded and hard learned over the course of the last couple decades. DECADES! It gets tiresome but it is genuine. It tends to color my thinking, why the hell wouldn't it do the same thing to others?

5 hours ago, Califan007 said:

I never saw this before, either lol....

The Giants backdrop with Jones-Haskins makes this whole thing a lot of fun.  Many Giant fans seem to have wanted Josh Allen at 6 or Dwayne Haskins.  Haskins on the Redskins is a sore spot for many Giants fans.    I have a first hand look at it since most of my in-laws are Giants fans.  But yeah media type Giants fans like Kellerman are really sore about it.

I doubt Jones is playing this season but if by chance he starts in game 4 versus Haskins, I am flying to NJ to watch that.  It's a must see for me.  

I can't recall a fan base so sore about their first round pick than the Giants fans are with Jones.  the fact that they'd get to see Haskins play against them is fun irony. 

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Some of yall should stop whatever it is you are doing and be scouts. 

If you followed the draft thread, you'd know that the same 4-7 people have been outperforming the Redskins in the draft for the last 10 years. 

I hope Haskins works out. He has the physical tools and he is reportedly a super hard worker. We also have some good things around him.  A defense. Running backs that should be very good in 2020. Fingers crossed. 

Also, colleges have been running gimmick offenses since forever. Nobody seems to talk about the fact that Haskins set more than 20 Ohio State records and 7 or 8 Big 10 records including total yards and total touchdowns. He has real talent. And his WR's were lesser than those at Clemson and Oklahoma and Alabama this year. All 3 of those teams had/have better WR cores than most NFL teams, including any Redskins team in recent memory. 

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The Giants backdrop with Jones-Haskins makes this whole thing a lot of fun.  Many Giant fans seem to have wanted Josh Allen at 6 or Dwayne Haskins.  Haskins on the Redskins is a sore spot for many Giants fans.    I have a first hand look at it since most of my in-laws are Giants fans.  But yeah media type Giants fans like Kellerman are really sore about it.

I doubt Jones is playing this season but if by chance he starts in game 4 versus Haskins, I am flying to NJ to watch that.  It's a must see for me.  

I can't recall a fan base so sore about their first round pick than the Giants fans are with Jones.  the fact that they'd get to see Haskins play against them is fun irony. 

I'm so relieved that the Giants didn't take Josh Allen or Montez Sweat. Daniel Jones was barely average at Duke. Sometimes I feel like the bad front offices don't even watch football, or have no idea what they are looking at when they do. The Giants, with Odell, went from being a QB away from having one of the most explosive offenses in the league, to a dumpster fire. Thank God for Gettleman. 

15 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I'm so relieved that the Giants didn't take Josh Allen or Montez Sweat. Daniel Jones was barely average at Duke. Sometimes I feel like the bad front offices don't even watch football, or have no idea what they are looking at when they do. The Giants, with Odell, went from being a QB away from having one of the most explosive offenses in the league, to a dumpster fire. Thank God for Gettleman. 

There were if I recall about 4 people on the draft thread hammering Jones a lot -- you and me among them.  There is nothing I feared more than the Redskins taking Jones.  When the Giants took Jones at 6 I was elated.  I said on the draft thread many times nothing would give me more of a kick than the Giants taking Jones let alone with their first pick in the first round.  And when it actually happened it almost gave me that same kick that I got then when we took Guice last year in the 2nd. :ols:

16 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

If you followed the draft thread, you'd know that the same 4-7 people have been outperforming the Redskins in the draft for the last 10 years. 

I dont doubt it. I initially see most posters as Random Internet Dude #14,578 but some of you really stand out and it becomes obvious im out of my depth pretty quickly. And im not at all put off by that. I enjoy learning from you guys. 

Then there are the people who say they watched THE games and they just dont see it.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I can't recall a fan base so sore about their first round pick than the Giants fans are with Jones.  

***Language Warning***

41 minutes ago, Llevron said:

^^^ I remember loving that movie but I dont remember what it is. Help me out

(tangent - my bad, but I have to know now) 

Lucky Number Slevin.

There were if I recall about 4 people on the draft thread hammering Jones a lot -- you and me among them.  There is nothing I feared more than the Redskins taking Jones.  When the Giants took Jones at 6 I was elated.  I said on the draft thread many times nothing would give me more of a kick than the Giants taking Jones let alone with their first pick in the first round.  And when it actually happened it almost gave me that same kick that I got then when we took Guice last year in the 2nd. :ols:

Nobody in the thread seemed to believe it was possible... but the Giants have taken ineptitude to levels even Washington doesn’t dare dream of. 

12 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Lucky Number Slevin.

Nobody in the thread seemed to believe it was possible... but the Giants have taken ineptitude to levels even Washington doesn’t dare dream of. 

I feel like I should respond in the draft 2019 thread, but that thread is dead. The Giants are destroying their team. There has never been a successful NFL QB that didn't pass for 7.0 YPA or 3,000 yards at least once in college. They had Odell Beckham, traded him, and used the pick on Dexter Lawrence? They could have had Montez Sweat! They traded the 37th pick and a 4th rounder for Deandre Baker, who I like, but Greedy Williams fell to 46. Drew Lock is 100 times better than Daniel Jones, and fell to 42. I mean, the Giants could have come out of the first 2 rounds with Josh Allen, Montez Sweat and Drew Lock, and then where would we be? Just unbelievable incompetence. 

The Giants backdrop with Jones-Haskins makes this whole thing a lot of fun.  Many Giant fans seem to have wanted Josh Allen at 6 or Dwayne Haskins.  Haskins on the Redskins is a sore spot for many Giants fans.   

Lost in this discussion is Kyler Murray. Personally, I believe from a national coverage standpoint, it will be Murray-Haskins this year and likely for years to come. First off, Murray will likely play day 01 and Haskins will likely be the 1st off the bench as Jones could very likely be held back the entire season. Secondly, it has a classic argument of the future NFL QB of run & gun vs. the classic pocket passer. Come next season, Jones likely wont even be included in the conversation as the next year’s drafted QBs will be the hot topic. 

That’s how I think this thing plays out. 

So Albert Breer was on 106.7 talking about his discussions with Jay concerning Haskins, Breer has a history of discussing our QB's with Jay going back to RG3, Kirk, and Alex and he said Jay is usually very honest with him.  He mentioned Jay was going over the positives and negatives, for what its worth he said Jay seemed excited about Haskins.

You can listen to it here.

https://thefandc.radio.com/media/audio-channel/51319-hour-2-albert-breer-game-thrones-recap

2 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

I forgot now as a Packer fan what it's like to win lol.

Remember how bad you whooped us last season. We never stood a chance.

I don't feel like we whooped anyone last year but that's what happens after 20 years of feeling insecure about any lead this team has.  I think the game was closer than the score.

I'm guessing it's going to be a much tougher game this year.

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

I don't feel like we whooped anyone last year but that's what happens after 20 years of feeling insecure about any lead this team has.  I think the game was closer than the score.

I'm guessing it's going to be a much tougher game this year.

I think you guys have 3 in a row on us right?

Archived