Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

He had another off day which really concerns me for the future but I'm glad he was able to put us in position to win.  Hopefully this will translate to better play in the upcoming games.  Hopefully he just needed a taste of success to gain confidence and become a more accurate passer.  Having said that, I think one of the big misses was because the receiver wasn't running full speed and then tried to catch up once he saw the pass was coming to him.  Still, hard to swallow the bad throws with people open.  It worries me but hopefully the rest of the season helps with that.  I was happy about Alex Smith coming here but became really concerned when he was missing wide open receivers by 10 yards on downfield throws.  Hopefully Haskins improves and can make these throws but the whole thing makes me nervous.  How can a QB at this level miss throws like that.  It's annoying.  It's like pro basketball players that have played basketball their whole life but can't make a simple free throw.

Also, really liked that he tried to get the crowd into it.  It might be a lost cause with our current fanbase but really happy to see him try.  Once we build our fanbase around better fans I think all of this will pay off.

Stupid things happen in games sometimes. Remember Thurman Thomas not on the field because he lost his helmet in Super Bowl XXVI?

I know it was his first win but there really isn't much to celebrate considering our record. He needs to show improvement and better touch on his balls.

6 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

Screwed the pooch on that quote.

”once we build the fan base around better fans”

do what?

I think the current fanbase it pretty much hopeless.  Too many years of being brainwashed by the post and lousy play by the team on the field.  I don't think they (the current so called fans) will come around no matter what as long as Synder is owner.  I think we need to gain new fans from the team's play and some success. 

1 minute ago, mojo said:

I’m done w Haskins.  He’s RG3 light....all the ego with none of the good play!

Wow....I don't know why so many are ready to throw in the towel so soon. I'm willing to give the kid some time. Did we get any better play out of Case or Colt? Hell no. The entire team stinks right now, it's not just one guy.

I would be so quick to throw him away yet.

The team sucks and it’s not even a good QB away from being average.  It needs a lot of work.

Let Hackskin play QB while we continue to suck and amass some draft picks.  Only problem is that Snyder owns the team so the picks probably won’t pan out anyhow.

So, on second thought, just let him play and see what happens.  We’re gonna suck either way.  Better than Smith or Keenum or McCoy.

1 hour ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

This is such a disingenuous post. Come on. We all want him to succeed but are you guys really going to blindly defend things you know are bad looks ?? Seriously? 

He doesn’t need to be publicly shamed for it but it was a bad look. He’s the starting QB. This is one of the more bizarre things to happen at the end of a game in while tho. I don’t understand how folks can think the media is wrong for questioning it.

I guarantee we’d all be in here on a joke time had Dak/Wentz/Jones did the same thing. 

again, he shouldn’t be killed for it but i promise you it’s ok to be honest with yourself and admit it was a bad look that he needlessly brought on himself. 

Are you sure we all want him to succeed? Every where I look fans are straight destroying the kid. There's a difference between constructive criticism and just outright flaming and hate.

57 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It’s not just the missed snap, it’s the attitude thereafter on top of it.  I’d imagine he’s the type of dude to rub people the wrong way.  But if he plays better, all that stuff is overlooked.

Yea, the way he acted in the press conference like a little kid. If you think about it, it would of been so easy to say he messed up but wanted to share it with fans. Then he went on to give the press crap answers about his wrist and blaming his accuracy on it. He really has no characteristics of an NFL QB on or off the field. I know he isnt going to be squat but its good we have 5 more games for some of the rest to realize it too.

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

Haskins screwed up when he lost track of the clock. Some of you are jumping the shark on this though. 

I still think the funniest brain dead QB moment was when Kirk Cousins was supposed to spike the ball to stop the clock and he kneeled instead and the half ended. Thankfully, we won that game, but what a doofus.

That was a doozie. Gus headbutting the wall and giving himself a concussion takes the cake IMO.

3 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Or maybe you can’t tell the difference between the two. I think it’s that 

But ok. Lol 

Lol, now when I have a rebuttal, your only argument is "you can't tell the difference". Trust me bro, i know the difference. Might wanna check yourself.

1 minute ago, SkinsUltima said:

Lol, now when I have a rebuttal, your only argument is "you can't tell the difference". Trust me bro, i know the difference. Might wanna check yourself.

In this thread, I’ve said that Haskins is currently a bad QB and made a dumb mistake on the last play. If that is “flaming” in your eyes, the internet isn’t the place for you. 

I haven’t said anything about him or his character 

1 minute ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

In this thread, I’ve said that Haskins is currently a bad QB and made a dumb mistake on the last play. If that is “flaming” in your eyes, the internet isn’t the place for you. 

I haven’t said anything about him or his character 

Never was talking about you specifically. Once again, check yourself and maybe reread my post. Problem is you thinking i'm specifically talking about YOU.

I don't think we should be paying attention to the last snap BS. 

I think we should be paying attention to his attrocious accuracy and poor performance. The Jets and Lions have two of the worst pass defenses in the league and the guy looks absolutely lost, barely throwing for 150 yards while flailing around and missing guys left and right. 

I'm not very hopeful for him, honestly. I'd like to know how many successful QBs had a first season where they could barely function and complete basic passes to wide open receivers. 

26 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Wow....I don't know why so many are ready to throw in the towel so soon. I'm willing to give the kid some time. Did we get any better play out of Case or Colt? Hell no. The entire team stinks right now, it's not just one guy.

You’re right. It’s not one guy but with this horrible organization, it has to be.  The only QB that turn around this team is a Russell Wilson type.  Somebody so talented, mature, and focused that he he can overcome being drafted by this joke of a franchise.  Haskins taking selfies after that crap game tells me he is not that guy and he won’t get the teaching and guidance necessary to turn him into that

10 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Flailing around and averaging 25 yards passing per quarter, and finally managed to do something meaningful in the 4th, while still not scoring a touchdown, does not make you a "closer". 

If he were a closer, he would have hit a wide open Terry  to end the game.

Archived