Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

9 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Let's assume Haskins really is not ready to play. Why then is he the backup over McCoy? 

I mean he's one snap away from having to play as the backup. 

Whatever if the offense comes out again flat against the Vikings and we struggle badly against a very good Bills defense - that's it. You have to take Haskins out of the wrapper after the bye. He may not be totally ready but we have to see how he develops playing actual games and getting all the snaps in practice. 

Because according to his offensive coordinator he does not take his own development seriously. Apparently being a snap away has at least pushed him in the direction of trying to somewhat to prepare following the Giants game.  You make him 3rd string and he wont do anything in terms of improvement. The kid has already compared himself to Brees and Brady and mentioned the hall of fame as to where he will end up. The reality of where he is now and his delusions of who he thinks is the most concerning part. 

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Because according to his offensive coordinator he does not take his own development seriously. Apparently being a snap away has at least pushed him in the direction of trying to somewhat to prepare following the Giants game.  You make him 3rd string and he wont do anything in terms of improvement. The kid has already compared himself to Brees and Brady and mentioned the hall of fame as to where he will end up. The reality of where he is now and his delusions of who he thinks is the most concerning part. 

If you believe all of that sure. I take it with a pinch of salt.

Just now, max21 said:

Never knew that, I wonder why that is? Make sure everyone is there and accountable I assume 

Team and position meetings, nutrition and hydration and making sure (as far you can) everyone gets a good night's rest before the game.

14 minutes ago, MartinC said:

If you believe all of that sure. I take it with a pinch of salt.

Yeah let’s not believe direct quotes coming out of his mouth and what his coaches are saying directly. Instead let’s pretend it’s an alternate reality... because that’s the only place where he’s not a complete bust.

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Yeah let’s not believe direct quotes coming out of his mouth and what his coaches are saying directly. Instead let’s pretend it’s an alternate reality... because that’s the only place where he’s not a complete bust.

A complete bust?

Good grief. He's thrown 17 passes in the NFL. 

Seriously people get a grip.

He may or may not turn out to be a bust - he may turn out to be really good. We don't know. No one knows yet. He sat behind JT Barrett for a couple of years at Ohio State and then when he got a chance to play threw for 50 TDs and broke all kinds of school records. I recall reading someone from Ohio say he was a guy who was better in games than in practice - that he was a 'gamer'. 

I could give you a long list of Qbs who looked like crap their first year playing in the NFL (never mind just reports from practice) who went on to have really good NFL careers. 

You cannot be a bust if you don’t even get on the field (and you’re healthy). There are too many examples of guys who aren’t great in practice and excel in games, or who excel in practice and stink in games. 

Haskins current sample size certainly can make you lean towards bust, but he hasn’t played enough to get the label. 

There’s obviously not some magical number of snaps or anything to put hard figures on it. But I’m just not sure how the word bust is thrown around like it is. 

Just now, KDawg said:

You cannot be a bust if you don’t even get on the field (and you’re healthy). There are too many examples of guys who aren’t great in practice and excel in games, or who excel in practice and stink in games. 

Haskins current sample size certainly can make you lean towards bust, but he hasn’t played enough to get the label. 

There’s obviously not some magical number of snaps or anything to put hard figures on it. But I’m just not sure how the word bust is thrown around like it is. 

We drafted Andre Johnson at offensive tackle in the first round in 1996. He played in ZERO games with the Redskins. He is most certainly among the biggest busts we ever had. So yes you can absolutely be a bust and not play much or at all.

The fact that at 1-6 with an interim coach in a lost season and he’s holding a clipboard after being drafted in the top half of the first round instead of playing, absolutely makes him a complete bust. He is so bad that they won’t let him hand the ball off like 80% of the plays in a game like yesterday. 

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

We drafted Andre Johnson at offensive tackle in the first round in 1996. He played in ZERO games with the Redskins. He is most certainly among the biggest busts we ever had. So yes you can absolutely be a bust and not play much or at all.

The fact that at 1-6 with an interim coach in a lost season and he’s holding a clipboard after being drafted in the top half of the first round instead of playing, absolutely makes him a complete bust. He is so bad that they won’t let him hand the ball off like 80% of the plays in a game like yesterday. 

You came to the conclusion Johnson is a bust 7 games into a season?

Look, I’m more apt to agree that Haskins is on his way to being a bust. But speaking in absolutes on a guy who they are purposely holding back, for whatever reason, 7 games into his rookie year is way too hasty to start throwing labels on him. 

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

You came to the conclusion Johnson is a bust 7 games into a season?

Look, I’m more apt to agree that Haskins is on his way to being a bust. But speaking in absolutes on a guy who they are purposely holding back, for whatever reason, 7 games into his rookie year is way too hasty to start throwing labels on him. 

Dude you have seen this movie plot before. All the pieces are set for a complete bust. We can wait until the end credits roll, but you already know exactly how this is going to play out. 

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Seems to be 2 takes on this thread, those of us who just want to know what we have going into the offseason and those who think he's a bust based on 2 quarters of football.

I don't think it's unfair for people to already start theorizing whether he's a bust or not, especially since the coaches refuse to put him in over our starter who is playing awful football while injureda. The overwhelming majority of fans here all agree that Haskins should just start already. The more we see of him on the field, the more accurate our judgements can hopefully be.

46 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I don't think it's unfair for people to already start theorizing whether he's a bust or not, especially since the coaches refuse to put him in over our starter who is playing awful football while injureda. The overwhelming majority of fans here all agree that Haskins should just start already. The more we see of him on the field, the more accurate our judgements can hopefully be.

We all want our own data to analyze, the coaches have not earned our trust ... and we are bored out of our minds as fans of the worst organization in sports.

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

Seems to be 2 takes on this thread, those of us who just want to know what we have going into the offseason and those who think he's a bust based on 2 quarters of football.

Pretty much, though it seems as though the bust crowd is basing it far more on 1) how they interpret reports/quotes, 2) interpret body language, and 3) the fact he isn’t already starting, rather than his 1 half of play.  

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

Theorize, absolutely.  Definitively declare him a bust... different story.  

I'm cool with DH watching for 8 games and then playing the last 8....that's not a bad plan at all imo....I'm just concerned at who's developing him and what their credentials are for developing QB's? If I were Bruce I would get Doug Williams on the field with DH every day....and on the other days have Alex Smith or someone work with him. Two sets of eyes separate from the interim coaching staff.

10 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I'm cool with DH watching for 8 games and then playing the last 8....that's not a bad plan at all imo....I'm just concerned at who's developing him and what their credentials are for developing QB's? If I were Bruce I would get Doug Williams on the field with DH every day....and on the other days have Alex Smith or someone work with him. Two sets of eyes separate from the interim coaching staff.

You know what one of the worst things you can do to a young player is? Have too many people giving him different (and sometimes conflicting) advice.

5 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

You've taken so many comments so out of context here that it's hard to take you seriously. You suck for this post, man.

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

You know what one of the worst things you can do to a young player is? Have too many people giving him different (and sometimes conflicting) advice.

Maybe, but that's why I surround him with quality QB guys who can help him, not necessarily with tons of advice but by teaching him how to be a pro. Who better than Doug Williams? And, there's a chance that every coach here with him this year is gone after the season. Doug would provide some continuity, assuming he stays. The Redskins need to establish good, knowledgable influences to surround him with asap and I don't know if he's getting that or not? I assume he is but who? Carson Wentz had Frank Reich and Doug Peterson for example, two ex-NFL QB's working with him. Who does Dwayne have that has any NFL experience at the position? 

Archived