Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Who will be the Redskins Coach tommorow

Riggo-toni

Pick your poison  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who will lose to the Dolphins next week?

• Kevin O Connell
    • Bill Callahan
    • Jim Tomsula
    • Jay Gruden
    • Pepper Rodgers
    • Other (please specify)

19 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

If you don't promote Callahan, then you have to fire him.

You do not promote N-2, or N-3, to replace N you fired if N-1 is still in place. That's bad human relationship.

Do you honestly think Callahan has a chance to be the HC next year?

the purpose isn’t to win games it’s to see what you have.   They know what they have in Callahan.  He has been here for how many years?   

Promoting Callahan is the same logic as continuing to start Colt over Haskins.  So yeah I’m sure they will follow your logic.  

Callahan has worked with Allen in the past and is the Assistant HC.  I expect him to be named HC and KOC to be majority OC.  Who knows what happens on D.  Manusky needs to be replaced and at this juncture it will be internal.  I don't care for the move but watch Rob Ryan be named interim DC.  I'm just guessing on all this.

Next year hopefully Allen is gone and we have a new regime.  I still like Kyle Smith and would be happy to see him named the new GM.

Dark days are here for years to come!Who in the hell would want to sign here and what good coach would want to coach here?20 yrs of garbage and many more to come.That dumb ass owner with the politician will keep us at the bottom for years to come!I feel sorry for anyone that wasn’t around for the good times they were awesome!

15 minutes ago, Mpvanskins said:

I don’t even see why you fire him now, I’d just keep him. Whoever becomes the coach is not going to turn this **** show around.

It's not really about turning things around this season. It's about seeing what Haskins has and trying to light a fire in the team and coaches so you can see what you have in a lost year, evaluate, and move forward this offseason. 

I guessed O'Connell because everything this team does is predicated on what's best for Bruce. O'Connell is someone he can try to sell as "the next McVay". And if he goes like 4-7 the rest of the way, Bruce thinks he can sell that as a major turnaround under his new hotshot coach. Then he's got his supposed young studs QB and Coach moving forward.

21 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

It's not really about turning things around this season. It's about seeing what Haskins has and trying to light a fire in the team and coaches so you can see what you have in a lost year, evaluate, and move forward this offseason. 

No disrespect but evaluate and move forward this offseason! We been doing that for 20 yrs.

7 minutes ago, Coopskin44 said:

No disrespect but evaluate and move forward this offseason! We been doing that for 20 yrs.

We're 0-5 and need to see what we have in our rookie 1st round QB. Get real. This team is going nowhere and the vet QB's they have as alternatives suck anyways. There is no upside to continuing to do what we're doing. 

3 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Calahan, who has been the one Bruce and Dan has had undermining his offense with that putrid running game since he got here.

Remember Dallas fans were happy to see him go and their offense greatly improved.

If Jay wanted to scrap whatever Callahan schemed, as a HC and de facto OC and play caller he could have done that. It’s a huge mystery as to why the run scheme has been so bad for so long because Jay, Sean McVay and now KO all have had a say in it and it still stinks. 

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

The question is, is there anybody on the staff who can do that.  

KO hasn’t even called plays before. 

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Our Running game and Oline is probably the absolute worst thing we have going. Again. Why the **** would we want to promote Callahan? 

Because maybe as HC he would have less influence on game plans?  (Work with me here. I’m trying to find a positive)

9 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Any truth to the tweets I’ve been seeing that say Gruden is at matchbox telling everyone Snyder called him to fire him? 

Im guessing it’s just people tweeting stupid **** just to be stupid, but who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️

Dan doesn't have the balls to fire Jay in front of his face?  It would be typical Dan; if tru

6 hours ago, spjunkies said:

My sources are telling me that Snyder and Allen were on their way to the airport to pickup Sherman Lewis. He will be named interim head coach effective tomorrow. 

" Football is a game of fight!" ..... Pepper Rodgers is our next coach.

I hope it ain't Callahan. He is crap.  They need to just ride this out w/ Jay cause there isn't anyone on staff that can take this mess over. Mid season coaching changes rarely work. It ain't working with this mess.  

If they are smart they'd wait till Wednesday to fire Gruden - cancel practices until they decide on the new coach,  hire new new coach on Friday night, make sure the new coach has an entirely different knowledge base from the current playbook and then fire all the other coaches and tell him he can hire who he wants but has to do so quickly.  

These actions should be more than enough to get ahead of Miami for the 1st pick in the draft.

8 hours ago, Idaho fan said:

Do you honestly think Callahan has a chance to be the HC next year?

the purpose isn’t to win games it’s to see what you have.   They know what they have in Callahan.  He has been here for how many years?   

Promoting Callahan is the same logic as continuing to start Colt over Haskins.  So yeah I’m sure they will follow your logic.  

That would be what smart organisation might do, but then, you can do it while firing Callahan as well (which would make sense and there were rumors he was disgruntled by the end of last season and wanted out). Otherwise it's just a way to anger lots of people in the coaching staff, and we don't really need that at all (not that they are happy right now but it would be even worse).

Still, I fear that Bruce and Dan are gonna do it the Manusky way and not fire Jay until they have a HC.

Which will be great for drama as Bruce and Dan will audition wannabe HC at Redskins Park and Jay Gruden coaching the team on the field a few feet away.

Honestly, as time passes by, I'm starting to think that the only thing that might save us is for the NFL to do us the Giants treatment and step in our Owner's ear and tell him how to do things. To forces his hand and puts us back on the right track. Which might not be winning, but not looking like clowns would already be a step in the right direction.

Archived