Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

35 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Hot stick.  Ovechkin needs to give it another go when he passes Gretzky.

🤣  I forgot about that, had to look it up.  Honestly I think his shadowboxing haymaker straight punch to the gut is as awesome a common celebration as they come.  Think he should stick to that when he passes him...the fire routine would be a bit awkward in that instance.

1 hour ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

🤣  I forgot about that, had to look it up.  Honestly I think his shadowboxing haymaker straight punch to the gut is as awesome a common celebration as they come.  Think he should stick to that when he passes him...the fire routine would be a bit awkward in that instance.

After all the flack he got for the first time he did the hot stick, I wanna see the media eat it up the second go-around as a throw-back.

just finished watching the game. man they completely dominated the 1st and 3rd. wasnt expecting that. defense was amazing keeping FL's great offense away from VV for most of the game

Edited by mammajamma

2 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

After all the flack he got for the first time he did the hot stick, I wanna see the media eat it up the second go-around as a throw-back.

Wrong time to do that.  You don't want anything taking away from that moment.  He should, and will, take it with class.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, purbeast said:

So does anyone know WTF happened to Wilson?  Like what play he was injured on?  I haven't heard anything about it still.

He got a high stick to the face and was bleeding high up on his nose.  It wouldn't stop.  I don't think he came back after that. 

3 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

He got a high stick to the face and was bleeding high up on his nose.  It wouldn't stop.  I don't think he came back after that. 

He came back after that because he scored the first goal.  I saw all that.  His injury is a lower body injury too so it's unrelated to that.

Just now, skinsmarydu said:

I thought the first goal happened before that.  Whoops. 

Nah he got high sticked immediately when the game started, and then they got the 3 on 5, and scored RIGHT at the end of the PP when it went back to 4 on 5.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, purbeast said:

So does anyone know WTF happened to Wilson?  Like what play he was injured on?  I haven't heard anything about it still.

Attempted to hit Weegar in the corner and did something to his leg (believed to be ankle) when he ran into the boards. Sprained ankle could be tough to come back from quickly

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, BigDibbs31 said:

Attempted to hit Weegar in the corner and did something to his leg (believed to be ankle) when he ran into the boards. Sprained ankle could be tough to come back from quickly

Didn't see what happened either, but heard he hit the boards. If its a sprain, he might be done for about a month.

• Sad 1