Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I’m surprised there hasn’t been any word on a watch party yet…..since they’ll probably not make it past the first round, i want to at least attend two watch parties this week……just announce one you idiots! 

If that's the level of enthusiasm of this team's chances, that could explain why they might not think a watch party is necessary at this point?  Even when they won it in 2018, I don't think they started Capital One Arena watch parties until the ECF vs. Tampa.  I can't remember if they hosted watch parties in 2019 (vs. Carolina)?

5 minutes ago, capcrunch98 said:

If that's the level of enthusiasm of this team's chances, that could explain why they might not think a watch party is necessary at this point?  Even when they won it in 2018, I don't think they started Capital One Arena watch parties until the ECF vs. Tampa.  I can't remember if they hosted watch parties in 2019 (vs. Carolina)?

Yeah, that could be a reason i guess. That’s fair.

in 2019 they had a watch party for game 3 against the hurricanes, i went since that would be the only one I’d be able to attend before i headed to Nashville for the draft week). But that was while the caps were defending Stanley cup champs so confidence was still very high back then. 

Bobravsky has been really good but we haven’t exactly been shooting the puck in the sharpest spots either.

I wouldn’t classify a single shot as being “robbed”.  Just good, solid goaltending and positioning, not giving anything away.  We’re not taking it from them either.

6 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

Has Tom Wilson returned?

Nope.