Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Absolutely their biggest win of the season. For them to be able to go into the barn of the best team in hockey and pull that out was huge. It's pretty much written into the NHL rulebook that at least one #1 or #2 seed gets knocked out in the first round each year. The Caps just reminded everyone they have the skill to pull it off.

Great win last night and certainly playing much much better recently.  Still trying to reconcile the Toronto loss though amid these more positive results.  We see them again next week though so should get a chance to see if it was a one off.

• Like 1

So I'm looking at the East...there's clear divide between the Top 4 (106 to 116 points) and the bottom 4 (96 - 99 points) teams that have qualified.  The Caps could in theory get as high as the 5th seed.  Question is, which of the Top 4 seeds do you most want to avoid in the 1st round?

I admittedly don't watch as much hockey as some of the regulars here, but I think I'd prefer to avoid the Rangers and Hurricanes, I'd rather play the Panthers or the Leafs.  I'm used to the Caps being the more physical team in the games I've seen and the Rangers can match that, though I assume they'll sit Reaves once the playoffs start.  It's mostly just because of the goalies, since Shesterkin and Anderson are the top 2 goalies in the league in Goals Against Average.  I've seen way too many playoff series decided by the hot goalie.  **** you again Jaroslav Halak.

As a Sabres fan, I’m cheering hard for you guys tonight to destroy the Knights playoff chances. I want Eichel to miss the playoffs for the rest of his career and I want Vegas’ first round draft pick this year to be as high as possible - since the Sabres own it as long as it is not top 10.

Go Caps!!!

Edited by Die Hard
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

41 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Say what?

That is what happened. The refs were about to call penatity on the Knights player for holding Ovi but since Ovi was tumbling he thought it was not intentional so he waved off the refs. :(

Knights start the 3rd with two goals back to back in 48 seconds to take the lead now. :(