Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

5 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Team needs to regroup and come out focussed on Saturday.  The problem is that home ice has been no advantage for them this year.

Crowd should be insane.  I was going to go to it until I remembered I'm going to be in Rehobeth this weekend.  

Hopefully they can feed off the crowd a bit.

3 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Tonight is disappointing and feels like they wasted what started out as a good effort BUT anyone would have taken a split of the first two games.

Lets get one at home and have a series.  

Yeah I mean they aren't going to win the Stanley Cup going 16-0 in the playoffs but sometimes as a fan it is hard to forget that lol.

I think it's more about the way this game has been going to be honest.  If this was a tight game and they take the L then whatever.  But this game is kind of a disaster and just reminiscent of the inconsistent goal tending and defense this team has shown all season.  It just reminds me not to get my hopes up after a single win in the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Yeah I mean they aren't going to win the Stanley Cup going 16-0 in the playoffs but sometimes as a fan it is hard to forget that lol.

I think it's more about the way this game has been going to be honest.  If this was a tight game and they take the L then whatever.  But this game is kind of a disaster and just reminiscent of the inconsistent goal tending and defense this team has shown all season.  It just reminds me not to get my hopes up after a single win in the playoffs.

Honestly I think it’s easier for the boys to throw this game in the trash the way it went rather than a 3-2 OT loss for example.  I think Florida got a lucky break to start and things just went their way but Caps showed in the first 15 minutes tonight and also Game 1 they are at least *capable* of sticking with the Panthers.  Will they??  I have no idea.  Probably not tbh, but this is already much more than the chance I gave them heading into the series.

It’s weird, I think the Caps lack a little confidence and need to remember how to win.  It’s a big ask to do it against Florida but if they could somehow get over this hurdle, who knows, they could definitely build on the momentum.  Hockey is unlike any other sport when it comes to that.

Im just thrilled we got one in the bag because I’m going to the next 2 games and now they’re both guaranteed to matter.  

• Like 2

Also, don’t discount the fact Sammy was able to get on the ice and get a feel for playoff hockey again.  He’s played well and maybe he gains some confidence from it…you know he’ll be between the pipes at some point this series.  For a guy who hasn’t exactly been clutch, maybe a low pressure opportunity is helpful.  

Never hurts to have a warmup.

2 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

Tonight is disappointing and feels like they wasted what started out as a good effort BUT anyone would have taken a split of the first two games.

Lets get one at home and have a series.  

Personally, I was banking on the Caps winning every road game.

1 hour ago, zCommander said:

VV or Sammy on Saturday? The coaches might feel VV still can do it though. 

Zach Fucale...

36 minutes ago, Captain James said:

Mind blowing how they started the game controlling and kinda dominating again, and then it just fell completely apart seemingly out of nowhere. Frustrating. What the eff happened? 

Playoff hockey happened.

• Sad 1

Ms. Kitty is in the rocking chair next to mine and is totally mesmerized by this Bruins/Canes game.  I'd start filming, but she'd get distracted by the light, I think.  Sabrina tries to climb the TV screen chasing the puck. 

Crazy cats love hockey.  :great8:

This Caps team has shown that they can beat any team anywhere, but their biggest weakness is at goaltender.  Too much inconsistency and it probably should've been addressed at the trade deadline.  Having a stable goalie can make all the difference as this team has seen in the past with Holtby for years.  Here's hoping the change to Samsonov works out, but I have my doubts.  This is something that will need to be addressed in a big way going forward beyond the postseason.

Edited by NoVaSkins21

11 hours ago, China said:

What?!  Having better play and better goaltending will win you games?  What insightful analysis! 

Next you'll yell me that the team that scores the most goals will win.

You're foolishly simplifying it. OBVIOUSLY the team that scores the most goals AND gives up the least amount always wins.

Hockey is a complicated sport.

• Haha 1