Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

11 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Buchnevic suspended 1 game 

So after all the whining and crying on the part of the entire Rangers organization, the only person who crossed the line and merited a suspension (according to the NHL) is one of their own.  Losers. 

Got to be honest with myself here. I think that was a dirty and unnecessary hit by Wilson that basically started this entire episode.

I commend the Rangers for calling out the NHL, because if that was our team, I would be pissed. For the NHL to then fine the Rangers for calling our the league is even worse.

The Rangers public statement was pathetic. They have ways of expressing their displeasure to the league. Doing it publicly via Twitter was basically a public temper tantrum. 

My 5 year old daughter………The Rangers

Screaming in Target ……….The Rangers Twitter statement 

5 minute time out…….1/4 million fine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, dyst said:

because if that was our team, I would be pissed.

If Ovi (our star player) chose to dance with a serious enforcer on another team, he'd get what's coming.  He'd have a lot of backup, however...our guys are always watching and providing support. 

That's what Panarin chose to do, dance with our best enforcer.  His backup singers were otherwise engaged, and he got in too heavy with the Hustle...and failed to perform it. 

His band fell apart just hours later. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wilson should’ve been suspended one game for his hit on Buch

Buch should’ve been gone for 5 for that trashass cross check

Panarin got the horns, rightly.

Rangers organization played themselves like an accordion.  Complete meltdown.

Moving on...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

If Ovi (our star player) chose to dance with a serious enforcer on another team, he'd get what's coming.  He'd have a lot of backup, however...our guys are always watching and providing support. 

That's what Panarin chose to do, dance with our best enforcer.  His backup singers were otherwise engaged, and he got in too heavy with the Hustle...and failed to perform it. 

His band fell apart just hours later. 

I’m talking about the cheap hit that started it all. Everything afterwards is due to the sucker punch thrown by Wilson who by all accounts is a dirty player. 

6 minutes ago, dyst said:

I’m talking about the cheap hit that started it all. Everything afterwards is due to the sucker punch thrown by Wilson who by all accounts is a dirty player. 

Buchnevich had literally just kicked Vanicek with his skate blade, so yea, you get punched for that.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dyst said:

I'm talking about someone who is not a TEAM fan.  

You can always follow another team, please do that.  

13 hours ago, dyst said:

Right.  Every team in the league has guys who play over the edge and is considered by their opponents as "dirty".  The Rangers have certainly had plenty over the past decade.  Hey, maybe Daniel Carcillo, Tanner Glass, and Sean Avery helped Rangers management pen their letter crying to the league!

Curious, were you this outraged when Anders Lee knocked out Backstrom in the playoffs last year, and the NHL didn't do anything about it?

There are things I wish Wilson would cool it on, but I give him credit - he'll look you in the eye and answer to anyone who has a problem with him.  The fact that very few players out there can do anything about him except whine to the refs and the media is why he draws so much more scrutiny than your run of the mill pest like Mathew Tkachuk or Nazem Kadri or Brad Marchand.

Hope this makes you feel better about Wilson's antics and the Rangers getting fined.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Also to add - for all the whining about Wilson everyone makes an attempt to instigate him

so, you get what you ask for

the fact that it doesn’t often go the way you want (which is just that Wilson draws a penalty or gets suspended) and instead you get your ass beat is on you

and dude left his skates to jump on Wilson’s back

he got what he deserved. 

don’t pick fights if you don’t want to accept the consequences. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I try to be fair in assessing things. And the truth is if Tom Wilson played for the Rangers or image the Pens Caps fans would have a totally different take on him and this incident.  In a vacuum yes you can take Wilson's side to some extent. He was reacting to the kick to the goalie.  A bit cheap but that's what enforcers do. But when you look at all that took place after that first punch, and given his lengthy history, well...

I do think the reaction was a bit over the top. And I liked how the Rangers got pretty much **** slapped after. But let's not pretend Tom Wilson does not deserve criticism.  

• Like 1

I'm so tired of these people that are like "OMG, he could've died" or "he should be arrested." None of these people have played hockey nor do they understand what happens on the ice all the ****ing time on every single level of hockey. 

An unwritten rule of fighting in hockey or really anywhere is don't jump on the bigger guys back and expect anything good to happen. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I try to be fair in assessing things. And the truth is if Tom Wilson played for the Rangers or image the Pens Caps fans would have a totally different take on him and this incident.  In a vacuum yes you can take Wilson's side to some extent. He was reacting to the kick to the goalie.  A bit cheap but that's what enforcers do. But when you look at all that took place after that first punch, and given his lengthy history, well...

I do think the reaction was a bit over the top. And I liked how the Rangers got pretty much **** slapped after. But let's not pretend Tom Wilson does not deserve criticism.  

Lets be honest the history of sports are filled with heels who are pretty dirty but beloved by their own teams fanbases and nobody else. He's basically our version of Draymond Green/Bill Romanowski etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

An unwritten rule of fighting in hockey or really anywhere is don't jump on the bigger guys back and expect anything good to happen. 

Seriously, the unwritten rule in hockey is enforcers don't go after the other team's stars AND the stars don't step to the enforcers.  Panerin forgot his end of the bargain and got the horns. 

Things I'm so sick of hearing:  

PANERIN IS OUT FOR THE SEASON!!!

The season is almost over.  He's out for three meaningless games.  

HE COULD HAVE DIED!!!!

He has a lower body injury.

OMG $250,000 FINE!!!!

Jimmy Dolan is a multibillionaire.  That fine means literally nothing to him.  

Calm the **** down New Yorkers.  Have some dignity. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Haha! I like her, but I like tears too!

Wasted 2 minutes of my life watching this clip.  You could fill the Grand Canyon with what these people don't know about hockey and the NHL.  But the unfortunate thing is that the news media and social media is filled with nitwits like this, and the NHL is going to feel like they have to fall in line for PR purposes.  Never mind the fact these people probably don't spend ten bucks per year on the NHL.

BTW, nobody got "paralyzed" in the Bertuzzi incident (or as sham fans like this refer to it: "the time 10 - 15 years ago some guy paralyzed another dude"). 

• Like 2

Vancouver has Calgary their last 3 games. Both are currently out of the top 4, but neither eliminated. I guess when both get officially eliminated, they'd just cancel those games and start the playoffs (or else they'd have already put out the playoff schedule starting after their last game).

Guess we just root for both of them to lose if we want the playoffs sooner. Or root for them both to win so Ovi gets more rest

d

Also, typing/editing on this message board on mobile is a nightmare