Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Missed the game. The clip of the Rangers announcers crying because Wilson destroyed the entire team is funny cause they sound so pathetic.

Having said that, I'm not gonna defend Wilson punching the guy on the ice and that might get him a game.  Wilson is a ****ing dumbass and at some point the Caps are gonna have to handle this **** internally. Lay down the law on stupid **** like this. Maybe they did between periods. It certainly would not surprise me if he got ripped by the Lavi or someone else said something to him.  If he gets suspended his teammates should be furious with him. There is defending the goalie and there is dumb ****. 

I don’t agree with what Wilson did, everything he does is magnified by DOPS. He’s too important to us as a two way player to potentially get suspended in the playoffs. Ovechkin is also hurt, ugh 

• Like 1

There's a video of the incident on RMNB from a different angle thats shows Buchnevich kicking his skate at Vanicek, which is what seems to draw Wilson's ire. Considering skate kicking is the absolutely worst thing you can do in hockey, I think Buchnevich got off light and I am perfectly fine with Wilson's retaliation. As for Panarin...

image.png.2b014f059465ad30f0056f329410a262.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

That was one of those situations where there would be no question that supplemental discipline was not warranted for anybody but Tom Wilson, but I figured he'd get suspended because he is, in fact, Tom Wilson.  Bullet dodged, Tommy needs to be careful.

• Thanks 2

it's hilarious how triggered people have become regarding Tom Wilson

I think he goes over the top sometimes but he's a solid winger and presence

He could tone down a lot of his antics but he's still our team player and he goes out there and grinds hard which is all anyone could ask for. And then seeing people so butthurt over Wilson on mainstream boards, it's like you don't follow this damn team what the hell would you know about tom Wilson

WILSON BAD MAN WILSON HIT, ME SAD

it's a physical game bro

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

it's hilarious how triggered people have become regarding Tom Wilson

I think he goes over the top sometimes but he's a solid winger and presence

He could tone down a lot of his antics but he's still our team player and he goes out there and grinds hard which is all anyone could ask for. And then seeing people so butthurt over Wilson on mainstream boards, it's like you don't follow this damn team what the hell would you know about tom Wilson

WILSON BAD MAN WILSON HIT, ME SAD

it's a physical game bro

it has to be the #1 nhl theme on twitter. every single time he has a hard check on someone, it erupts with people saying to kick him out of the league. its gotten old

if DOPS thinks it didnt warrant him getting suspended, it definitely didn't

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

That was one of those situations where there would be no question that supplemental discipline was not warranted for anybody but Tom Wilson, but I figured he'd get suspended because he is, in fact, Tom Wilson.  Bullet dodged, Tommy needs to be careful.

As a lifelong Caps fan, I'm shocked every year that the dude is still in the league tbh. Other players have done done less (in their careers) and gotten more punishment. It's like we're always waiting for the year ban to come...eventually. 

I find it sad that other Caps fans defend him and or act surprised when other fans don't like him. 

The dude is dirty as hell and plays well beyond the whistle. That play was fine in the pre 2010s when fighting was encouraged. But not in today's NHL.

Wilson is going to get a big time off eventually.  He just can't help it. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

@The Evil Genius

Eh, I disagree.  I think Wilson has gotten suspended for things that other players wouldn't have just based on his reputation.  

I certainly don't act surprised that other fans don't like him.  He's the classic guy that you love if he's on your side and hate if he's not.  

I think the narrative this time was mostly driven by the NYC media, who famously overreact to everything.  The reason he didn't get anything more than a fine was because, as ESPN's Emily Kaplan correctly noted, "The "fall" on Buchnevich isn't much.
-The punch is what Wilson got fined for.
-Everything after? Two guys wrestling, which happens every night."

I guess I'll just end with:  I agree with the NHL Player Safety committee, who scrutinized the **** out of everything that went down, while you agree with Keith Olbermann, a dumb**** NYC hot-take guy. :)

i'd understand if they were more outraged at him pushing a guys face into the ice (even though he kicked our goalie with his skate), but they're more outraged at him pulling a guy off his back, just because he got injured (he was already injured before the game, so he probably shouldn't have been jumping into a scrum anyway)

21 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

@The Evil Genius

I guess I'll just end with:  I agree with the NHL Player Safety committee, who scrutinized the **** out of everything that went down, while you agree with Keith Olbermann, a dumb**** NYC hot-take guy. :)

I'd say that's a tad unfair as I didn't really even comment on the current event, rather that Wilson is a timebomb that will explode eventually. And that I'm surprised that the totality of his dumbasserey hasn't gotten him a longer suspension.  

Edit...I re-read what I posted and I guess I left of "type of" when I wrote "That play was fine in the pre 2010s when fighting was encouraged. But not in today's NHL". My bad. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'd say that's a tad unfair as I didn't really even comment on the current event, rather that Wilson is a timebomb that will explode eventually. And that I'm surprised that the totality of his dumbasserey hasn't gotten him a longer suspension.  

That last bit was tongue-in-cheek, mostly.  

Tom definitely toes the line.  He's extraordinarily physical while the game has gotten faster and less physical.  I don't think I'd describe him as a ticking timebomb.  Frankly, I'm more concerned with Kuzy's behavior off the ice than Wilson's on it.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Frankly, I'm more concerned with Kuzy's behavior off the ice than Wilson's on it.  

same.. seems like the team is getting tired of it too ("team decision to suspend him a game"). hoping he's seattle's pick and not Osh

Edited by mammajamma
i can't spell
  • Like 1