Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

i mean, they were only a couple points from 5th place a little bit ago. i think we all knew for a while they'd be making the playoffs. it's always fun when you clinch though. and glad they did it without giving up 1st place completely.

im thinking seeding may mean less this year with the current playoffs. i guess i'd rather play Boston than NYI/PIT, but we've seen them all enough this year I think it'd be pretty even across the board

• Like 1

So, NHL standings show us in 1st place...but i was under the impression that we clinched a playoff spot, but that Pittsburgh had moved into 1st place. 

Any explanation?

or was it just the fact that we lost to Pittsburgh but still clinched a playoff spot that people were saying, and not who’s in 1st?

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, NHL standings show us in 1st place...but i was under the impression that we clinched a playoff spot, but that Pittsburgh had moved into 1st place. 

Any explanation?

or was it just the fact that we lost to Pittsburgh but still clinched a playoff spot that people were saying, and not who’s in 1st?

Pittsburgh has the same number of points as us.  We've played fewer games.