Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

5 hours ago, mammajamma said:

it has to be the #1 nhl theme on twitter. every single time he has a hard check on someone, it erupts with people saying to kick him out of the league. its gotten old

if DOPS thinks it didnt warrant him getting suspended, it definitely didn't

there was a hit on kuraly people were so mad about even Cassidy had to say it was clean and that he didn't do anything wrong

the bandwagon against him is so strong it's pathetic

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

lol this girl i follow on twitter said “the past 3 weeks have been so exhausting as a caps fan”. 

uhhh.....yeah......constant winning. I can see how that would be frustrating 😂😂😂

It's the league conspiring against you. I've argued with other fanbases ALL day today (got some work in too! lol) but yeah. Just arguing with them all day, one of them threatened me like HOW DARE YOU BRING UP SANDY BRO MY FAMILY WAS IN SANDY APOLOGIZE, APOLOGIZE RIGHT NOW

All I said is that yall NYers are supposed to be tough AF but then when a fight breaks out you all cry on social media for "justice" lmao. Justice was served, the Caps got let off. This is not some kind of huge ethical outrage here. Smh

I seriously don't know when NYers became so soft man. Maybe it's only about their teams. You hurt one of their players you're the worst person ever and they're just gonna **** and moan about it. I mean in the draft they just boo every one the Knicks or Jets ****ing pick. Maybe they weren't so strong after all.

it's not even a toughness/softness issue. person 1 jumped on person 2's back, then person 2 threw person 1 off of their back.. say that about any other game and nobody would care. add Tom's name... absolute twitter meltdown

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Kurd Cudins said:

I think we expose Kuzy in the expansion draft. We've been done with him for a few years now, and it's just time. He needs to be somewhere else.

Crazy though. He had such a magical run in the stanley cup. Easily thought he could have won the Conn smythe over Ovi. Maybe the booger sugar was the difference maker.

57 minutes ago, SkinsFanRob said:

Crazy though. He had such a magical run in the stanley cup. Easily thought he could have won the Conn smythe over Ovi. Maybe the booger sugar was the difference maker.

Capitals are going to need that Kuznetsov to show up, if they are planning on making a deep playoff run 

Does he still have enough left in his tank to produce it?

8 hours ago, Hersh said:

Y'all are going a little overboard with Kuzy. Caps aren't going to give him away or let Seattle take him. Dude would return a lot in a trade. 

Exactly what do you think he would get in a trade? I think you're grossly overvaluing him if its anything more than a late round pick.

6 minutes ago, Kurd Cudins said:

Exactly what do you think he would get in a trade? I think you're grossly overvaluing him if its anything more than a late round pick.

LOL, come on now. Maybe if it was a straight salary dump on a rebuilding team but that's not what this is. Kuzy is still only 28. He's got 418 points in 520 games. He is a top-6 guy that could've, maybe should've won the Conn Smythe. A team isn't gonna give away a player under control for the next 4 years at a reasonable price tag. 

Teams give up 1st round picks for rentals at the trade deadline. Kuzy is very good player that isn't a rental. 

from prohockeyrumors:

While a season like this doesn’t help his value, it’s once again a quiet UFA market in terms of impact centers so there would certainly be plenty of interest in Kuznetsov’s services, even though he carries a $7.8MM AAV through 2024-25 and a 15-team no-trade clause at a time where cap space will be limited for many teams.

NHL teams don't dump top-6 forwards (with top-3 talent) for nothing unless they really cross the line.  As frustrating as Kuzy has been the past few years, he hasn't done that yet IMO.  For a team in win-now mode to drop a guy with his talent level for a minimal return would be insane.  GMBM should absolutely be listening to offers on him (as I'm sure he has), but if the return isn't fair he needs to be kept.  And BTW, any general manager in hockey would gamble a lot more than a "late round pick" for a player like him.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm not trading a guy like Kuzy while we're still in a Stanley Cup window.

Depends what the return would be. Maybe there are other teams looking to shake up their top-6 or teams looking to rebuild and a solid three team trade can return a player that could slot right in his spot. Generally though I agree and you aren't trading him just for picks without a way to fill that spot.