Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

16 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

We look more than a little worn down from all the injuries/Rangers drama.

Yeah, i turned the game on in time for the 3rd, and it looks that way to me too. Crap. Now we’ll NEEDDDD to win tomorow AND Tuesday to win the division. And with no samsonov, Craig Anderson starts tomorrow I’m guessing?

5 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Craig Anderson is tonight’s goalie. Crap. 

My initial thoughts too, but honestly his numbers are just as good as Brian Elliott's, who looked like Patrick Roy at times last night.  He's as good as you're gonna get for a #3 goalie.  I've definitely seen the Caps dress worse in the past.

23 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Do you think capitol one arena will be opn for watch parties during the road games? I mean, since fans are allowed in for games, i dont see why not 

They should shut down F Street and play the game on the screen outside. They did that during the Cup run, it was fun. Just remember to byob. 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2021 at 11:08 AM, Warhead36 said:

Just rest everyone for the playoffs. I don't care about winning the division. Home ice doesn't mean jack anyway.

We can't win the division anymore with the OT win the other day. Pens have already won the division. 

Edited by zskins
  • Sad 1

The amount of records that things out of his control, will cheat Ovechkin out of pisses me off. If not for the lockouts, it would be a formality that he'd break Gretzky's record. Now he's going to need to get another couple of 40-50 goal seasons to have a shot.

He has 8 50-goal seasons, he should have 10 if not for lockout in 2012-13 and COVID last year. The record is 9.

Edited by Sticksboi05
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1