Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Skins Can't Win With These Coaches

desertbeagle85

It's more than the coaches that are the problem.  It's the general manager or lack of general manager and even more so the owner.  Get rid of the owner or hope he moves the team and then you may get a new team awarded to the areas.   That will wake up the fan base.

3 hours ago, SkinsFanMania said:

It's more than the coaches that are the problem.  It's the general manager or lack of general manager and even more so the owner.  Get rid of the owner or hope he moves the team and then you may get a new team awarded to the areas.   That will wake up the fan base.

Even if he moves the team, there is no guarantee that Washington would get a new team.  That would require the NFL to expand, which is unlikely in the near term, or get another team to move here.  Having a team move here probably wouldn't show early results, since they probably suck and no team that is doing well would leave their city in most instances.  The only saving grace is that it wouldn't be Snyder who owns it.  Knowing our luck, whatever team moves to D.C. would have to take Allen as part of the deal.

1 hour ago, aszumilo said:

Even if he moves the team, there is no guarantee that Washington would get a new team.  That would require the NFL to expand, which is unlikely in the near term, or get another team to move here.  Having a team move here probably wouldn't show early results, since they probably suck and no team that is doing well would leave their city in most instances.  The only saving grace is that it wouldn't be Snyder who owns it.  Knowing our luck, whatever team moves to D.C. would have to take Allen as part of the deal.

On the other hand, I can't imagine the NFL would want to lose a TV market as big as Washington. 

To this degree, I put the blame of the first half on Gruden. Once again, he shows his alarming inability to adjust to the reality of the game. It is clear that the O can't handle the Bear's pass rush. What does Gruden do? He continues calling long developing plays that make Case wait instead of three step and fire passes. He refuses to call plays that allow a tackle and a tight end to double Mack instead assuming that these one on ones with tight ends or tackles will suddenly do what they can't do.

As for defensive coaching... sigh.

4 minutes ago, posse87 said:

It’s going to be a job gutting the organization. The coaches and players don’t even want to play the game. It’s really weird; they don’t have any interest in being out there. They played a half the first two games and have just quit all together.

I don't know. I think I'm actually seeing effort. I really think it's just losing the chess match. I think it's strategy much more than want to. Mind you, when we talk about the o line vs. the Bears' Front Seven it's harder to tell. 

20 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I don't know. I think I'm actually seeing effort. I really think it's just losing the chess match. I think it's strategy much more than want to. Mind you, when we talk about the o line vs. the Bears' Front Seven it's harder to tell. 

I agree. It’s scheme and adjustment, and sloppy football.

This will get lost in the wash so I’m gonna post it here.

The fumble sneak by Keenum is on Gruden.  If you sneak in that situation, you go low behind your all-pro Right Guard...or you don’t ****ing sneak it at all.

Absolutely no Head Coach, high school and up, would call for the “peekaboo” goal line sneak from the 20 yard line...except for Jay.

Abysmal, arena league, moronic situational coaching.  And that’s just the tip of the iceberg tonight.

So, some positives:

Gruden did make half time adjustments and we played just well enough that the team could make excuses. Players screwed up to make up for the coaches not having as brain dead a game as usual. Defense was still overall terrible. Gruden still hates Adrian Peterson.

The so-called "comeback" was a mirage. Pagano obviously took his foot off the gas. This offense couldn't do diddly squat when the Bears D was doing its thing.

Gruden should've been fired 3 years ago when it was patently clear that he wasn't HC material. Week in and week out, he'll show you 4 things --- he knows how to design plays, he doesn't know how/when to call those plays, he is horrible with in-game and halftime adjustments, and the use of player personnel during games makes no sense, especially at RB. 

Imagine for a second if the skins would have cut Alex and taken the hit.   Traded away vets that could generate some higher picks.  Gotten rid of lame duck coaches (and GM) that have proven incapable of getting the job done.   We would still be 0-3 but there would be hope.   Instead we have this.   

Archived