Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Eagles Prediction Thread: 2019 Kick-Off Spectacular

skins island connection

Who wins the 2019 kick-off spectacular??  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Redskins
    • Eagles
    • Can't answer, still dodging batteries

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Although in peregrines defense, that’s the only thing we can base stats off of at this moment, last year’s stats for their passing offense, which is why he brought it up. 

Exactly. Same people on here that are basing Guices possible performance off of college ability/stats, Keenums one good year TWO years ago (and with a better offense than here) and Reeds one good healthy year.

If Eagles offense was 7th last year without DJax and a healthy Jeffery / and were using Smallwood and J Adams at RB ( now have Howard and 2nd rd stud ) then I would assume they should be just as dangerous week 1 or not.    But of course people validate their faith anyway they can. - or Until 3:55 this Sunday when the bitter truth might smack them square in the face and fans will be on here stating the sky is falling😆again. 

If past opening week games tell you anything, it's that your best path for an upset is jumping on the better team early. Get them in a hole where they have to force stuff because most offenses are not up to par right out of the gate.  Remember how sloppy Pittsburgh looked against the 'Skins defense on that opening MNF for about a quarter and a half?  'Skins had a chance to be up 17-0 or more, but they could never take advantage of the early turnovers and opportunities created by the defense.   By the end of the game it was clear the Steelers were a much better team, but that game was ripe for an upset based on how mediocre the Steelers were out of the gate.

There is no guarantee Philly's offense will look like that on Sunday, but if they do.....take advantage.

Skins defense has played the Eagles solidly with Wentz at the helm; game required Wentz to make some extraordinary off schedule plays, but Wentz appears to be for real when health is right. 

Eagles appear to be stacked. Tall task, but as some have mentioned, opening week can be wild. Skins are built to play conservatively, so hopefully this will mitigate TOs and allow Skins to hang around or capitalize on TO by Eagles. 

Need some Alex Smith type clock controlling/field position/FG drives lol. The ceiling appears to be low for the offense, but a conservative style still has some value in today’s NFL. 

Give the Skins a 28% shot at winning. This percentage will continue to progressively move up closer to game day nearing 51% ;)

13 minutes ago, wit33 said:

This percentage will continue to progressively move up closer to game day nearing 51% ;)

This is probably true of me too...I just predicted a 17-18 point loss on Tuesday. I'm sure by Sunday morning I'll have changed my tune to:

"IF Keenum can make 3-4 big throws and IF the offense can sustain 10+ play drives and IF the defense completely shuts down the run and IF they get to Wentz 4-5 times and finish off those sacks, we will likely win this one by 3-7 points"

Well, the Eagles have won the last 4 meetings against the Redskins, so hopefully that streak will be broken.

I think the Eagles want to come out and make a statement game out of this, so either they end up clicking on all cylinders early, or they end up being a lot more rusty than people thought, which would surely favor the Redskins.

But Gruden has GOT to stop being so damn conservative after turnovers; he has that 'ok guys lets matriculate the ball downfield and not be careless' mentality, which, if the team was a seasoned team with an offense that's been together awhile, they would be able to move the chains, but making the Eagles suffer after a turnover with a quick score would really deflate them, not to mention we all know how their fans are; if the Eagles struggle, the boo birds will come out early and loud.

Just now, KillBill26 said:

Anybody going to the game?  Usually there is a thread about a tailgate. I'll be sitting in section 129, ducking all the batteries being thrown at me from those lovely eagles fans.  I'd love to see them go in and shut down that offense, with guice running all over them.

No ****??..they still throw batteries there in the crowd?

3 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I was just going off of the story from years back when they were throwing batteries at jd drew (baseball) bc he wouldn't sign with them after getting drafted.  But I wouldn't be surprised!!  Any team that needs a jail and a courtroom inside the stadium obviously has some beauties for fans, and they have quite a reputation. This will be my first game in Philly. It should be interesting.  I'll let you know how i make out.  Should I buy a Redskins hard hat just to be safe?!?

I appreciate there fans enthusiasm being **** heads to opposing team fans, but realy?! throwing batteries?....I would prey the batteries were hitting me opposed to one of the three 65+ year old ladies that are fans of the eagles that are next to me...people are ****ing idiots..ya know what when I'm ready to check out in life im gonna end it by rooting on the Redskins in the eagles stadium.

2 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I was just going off of the story from years back when they were throwing batteries at jd drew (baseball) bc he wouldn't sign with them after getting drafted.  But I wouldn't be surprised!!  Any team that needs a jail and a courtroom inside the stadium obviously has some beauties for fans, and they have quite a reputation. This will be my first game in Philly. It should be interesting.  I'll let you know how i make out.  Should I buy a Redskins hard hat just to be safe?!?

That was my next question I know the old stadium had a jail and courthouse in it but does this one too LOL?

58 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Stadiums, teams and things thrown at stadiums:

1. Lincoln Financial Field - Eagles - Batteries

2. FirstEnergy Stadium - Browns - Bottles

3. Sports Authority Field - Broncos - Snowballs

4. Fed Ex Field - Redskins - the Towel

:silly:  JK

26 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

Stadiums, teams and things thrown at stadiums:

1. Lincoln Financial Field - Eagles - Batteries

2. FirstEnergy Stadium - Browns - Bottles

3. Sports Authority Field - Broncos - Snowballs

4. Fed Ex Field - Redskins - the Towel

:silly:  JK

I've been to denver for the snowball fights..I know what that's about lol

That number four was hilarious..I went back to re read it..nice sic!!

Archived