Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The State of the Economy Thread - “Falling inflation, rising growth give U.S. the world’s best recovery”

PleaseBlitz

20 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

As a fairly regular meat-eater myself, I do wonder, would lowering our meat intake overall really be a bad thing?

Cutting back on red meat would significantly improve your health and have a greater impact on climate change than electric vehicles.

• Like 5

I went out yesterday morning and purchased 10lbs pork chops, 8lbs bacon, 3lbs chorizo, 3 lbs Italian sausage, 10lbs ground beef, 5lbs ny strip, 3lbs filet, 10lbs chicken breast, and 5lbs chicken tenderloins.  Already have plenty of chicken thighs purchased not too long ago.  Vacuumed and sealed with the foodsaver and put in the freezer.  I’ll still buy meat when we have to grocery shop and it’s available.  If there is no shortage, we’ll just be good to go.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

For those who eat meat, are you wiling to try Beyond Meat?  Their stock looks enticing to buy as a meat shortage may occur. 

maybe if I was starving.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

Their stock looks enticing to buy as a meat shortage may occur. 

I won't give stock advice, as far as the meat shortage it can easily be solved if govt and people act wisely.

in other words we are probably ****ed.

won't be no shortage for me since it is readily available on the hoof.

13 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

For those who eat meat, are you wiling to try Beyond Meat?  Their stock looks enticing to buy as a meat shortage may occur. 

I've done my best to find silver lining in this where I can.

Drawing line in the sand here, I have tried it, it's made for the apocalypse so call me when we finally hit bingo then we'll talk.

If society actually put thought into the good of mankind in it's economic decision making processes, this current situation would be different, so not in the mood for certain sacrifices to help cover for that reality.  My empathy tank is near empty for bailing out the fools that put us here, bankrolling the campaigns for the current idiots in power to increase their stock prices that are gone now. 

Converations like this make me want to let every large corporation asking for a bailout  file chapter 11 to figure their crap out and allocate our resources to saving unemployment and small businesses.  Corporate America has been picking winners and losers since it started, time we return the favor.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

Cutting back on red meat would significantly improve your health and have a greater impact on climate change than electric vehicles.

I know people scoff at this - especially heavy meat eaters. But I am living - yes living - proof that it is true. 

I had high blood pressure, sleep issues, lethargy, high cholesterol and other burgeoning health issues. I cut red meat out of my diet and about 9 months later just about all my numbers came in excellent and my doctor cleared from most medication- blood pressure in line, sleeping well, higher energy, cholesterol numbers well in line, all other blood work was great. She also told me of others that the same worked for them. 

Just a thought. All people are not the same so maybe not for you. But might be worth a try. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I know people scoff at this - especially heavy meat eaters. But I am living - yes living - proof that it is true. 

I had high blood pressure, sleep issues, lethargy, high cholesterol and other burgeoning health issues. I cut red meat out of my diet and about 9 months later just about all my numbers came in excellent and my doctor cleared from most medication- blood pressure in line, sleeping well, higher energy, cholesterol numbers well in line, all other blood work was great. She also told me of others that the same worked for them. 

Just a thought. All people are not the same so maybe not for you. But might be worth a try. 

I know but it's just so damn yummy!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

I know but it's just so damn yummy!

Fair statement! I have lost my taste for steaks. But I do love a good cheeseburger. Once about every 6 months I go for it. I am not a vegetarian, just avoid red meats. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I've never understood how anyone can eat broccoli with a straight face

I can even enjoy it, if it's with hollandaise.  

And, some restaurants don't have hollandaise, but they have honey mustard (I assume for the kid's chicken nuggets), and that works, too.