Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tracking former Redskins around the league

justice98

• 2 weeks later...

I was happy to let Gano go. To me, he got in a rut and you can't sit around forever waiting for someone to get out of it unless they've done a LOT to earn that trust. Only regret was the 5 or so week nightmare of Billy Cundiff before Kai Forbath got on the team. And sometimes, it takes getting kicked around to a new team for someone to get out of his rut. But can't deny that Graham had some really good moments too, like the franchise record.

Unrelated to that, but I just realized something both sad and glad. With Chase Daniel retired, Graham Gano is the last active player to have ever been coached by Jim Zorn.

On 9/21/2023 at 9:56 PM, Dark Acre said:

Graham Gano hit a 57 yarder tonight.  He wasn't doing that here.

His thing with us was more missing kicks from 20-40 yards.  Missed way too many of those.  But he was 4-6 from 50+ with a 59 yarder his last year here.  He was also a young kicker when we had him.  He really didn't find his groove until he got older and more experienced.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Kirk saw this coming. He has a no trade clause. All that money is his. Minnesota isn’t struggling at quarterback. They can even move on pretty soon should they want to go in a different direction.

Kirk just isn’t the guy that can lift up a team.

Never was. He can be paid like one and there’s nothing wrong with getting all you can if someone will pay it. Commies tagged him twice.😭

Mike McDaniel on Claypool:

"I’m not going to limit a player to what he can or can’t do. Every game we have guys doing multiple roles and fitting within the offense tailored to their skill sets."

Tailoring an O or D to the skill sets of your playmakers.......what a novel idea! Glad the Dolphins have a solid HC who has them on the right trajectory. Is he in year 5 or 6 of the traditional RR-style turnaround?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2023 at 3:43 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

Taylor Heinicke is now the Falcons starting QB. He could take them to the playoffs.

I swear, Hallock has voodoo dolls of all starting QBs or something lol...not that Ridder was a sure fire starter or anything, but Taylor constantly gets opportunities to start no matter what.

• Haha 1