Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tracking former Redskins around the league

justice98

I just noticed the likely Super Bowl contending KC Chiefs latest depth chart has the two starting corners slated to be Kendall Fuller and Bashaud Breeland.  And the starting center is Austin Reiter.  Who woulda though we'd be feeding contenders key contributors.  Guys we picked in the 14, 15, and 16 drafts making it.

• Like 1

We traded Fuller to them. Should not have. he is a legit slot CB. He struggled to start the year but came on at the end of the season. Found his rhythm in their defense.

Breeland - good luck with that. That reeks of desperation. 

Rieter could not stay healthy. He still may not. Also, that could just be for preseason. He is starting mostly out of attrition and poor drafting. Morse was the starting C last yr. He was injured off and on so they let him leave as a FA. Did not offer him a new contract. Jordan Devey was the backup and he was also injured. Unlike the Redskins who keep injured players, they let both go as FAs. Jimmy Murray was supposed to take that job and still may. Preseason is not over. But he is a second yr player who has not done anything to win the job yet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ntotoro said:

They haven't made anything yet, especially with two games still to go in the preseason. I'd almost wager Fuller is the only one of those three who even makes the final roster.

They're #1 on the depth chart going into the 3rd preseason game.  The last game doesnt count for anything but bubble guys, which they are not.  The chances of them not making it are slim.  It's not like they're placeholder starters because they have the real starters injured in front of them.  

Sua cravens released.

maybe Scot wasn’t as great a talent evaluator as we all deified him to be. Not only did he miss on The bulk of his picks, he missed big. Sua and josh stand out. 

Also, I remember back in the day on here you couldn’t post stuff like this fast enough before 4 others beat you to it. Nowadays, not the same. No one seems to be on here anymore. Like the same 20 people

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Mason Foster... still unsigned.

It's to be expected, he still hasn't gotten home yet.

"Dear diary written by my cousin: It's day 38 and supplies are running low. My car is in sight, but it's like a tight end. Every step I take towards it, it gets further away. I don't know if I'll survive, but if I don't, it's the fans' fault."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

On 8/30/2019 at 12:41 PM, benskins26 said:

maybe Scot wasn’t as great a talent evaluator as we all deified him to be. Not only did he miss on The bulk of his picks, he missed big. Sua and josh stand out. 

But he was looking for football players.  Football players.  FOOTBALL PLAYERS!!!!!

1 hour ago, DWinzit said:

Paulsen signed with Houston and they are looking at Scandrick today

I didn’t know Paulsen was still in the league.  Good for him hanging around.  

We knew preston Smith could play football, you don't get 13 million a year if you cant.

Letting him walk was about sticking to the formula that winning teams use and that's drafting well and deciding which assets to re-sign and which ones to let walk for comp picks to stay under the cap and young.

Letting smith leave (who's above average at best) to bring in a pass rusher with elite measurables on a cheap 5 year contract was no question hands down 100 percent the right thing to do.

Time will tell if it works in our favor but I'd bet it will. 

• Like 6