Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS: Kathy Zhu stripped of Miss Michigan 2019 title after racist tweets surface

Cooked Crack

Miss Michigan Kathy Zhu was stripped of her title after several insensitive and racist tweets surfaced. The 20-year-old received an email Friday from the pageant removing her from her position. 

"It has been brought to the attention of Miss World America 'MWA' that you social media accounts contain offensive, insensitive and inappropriate content," the letter said. 

It also said that Zhu no longer met the requirement of "being in good character." "Therefore, and effective immediately, MWA does not recognize you as a participant of any sort or in any capacity as it relates to any and all events of MWA," it concluded.  

According to screenshots obtained by the Orlando Sentinel, the first tweet said, "There is a 'try a hijab on' booth at my college campus. So you're telling me that it's now just a fashion accessory and not a religious thing? Or are you just trying to get women used to being oppressed under Islam?"

"Did you know that the majority of black deaths are caused by other blacks?" the second tweet said. "Fix problems within your own community first before blaming others."

The tweets were sent in 2017 and 2018, but have since been deleted. 

Despite the backlash, Zhu said she stands by her old tweets. "I am glad this story came to light because this is more than just some beauty pageant, this is about the prejudice views against people with 'different opinions,'" she tweeted Friday

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/miss-michigan-winner-tweets-kathy-zhu-stripped-of-miss-michigan-2019-title-after-racist-insensitive-tweets-surface/

VxrAOTZ.jpg

A racist Trump supporter? Would have never guessed. Wondering how long till she's a Fox News correspondent.

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

They (the comments) seemed tame compared to the headlines its been generating. What am I missing?

She doubled down with the whole "you are trying to oppress me" thing and for once its not a white woman/man so everyone has a reason to make noise about it. Minorities will say its just another example of the problem. Majority will say it proves the problem isnt them its the oppression of their views. And its not a race thing because shes not white. 

Its the perfect fight. 

5 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

They (the comments) seemed tame compared to the headlines its been generating. What am I missing?

You got to be very vanilla if you trying to be a pageant queen. People found more racist tweets after the stripped her title.

EADQ8pAXUAADy4r?format=jpg&name=small

1 minute ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

So, does she think she's white? The **** she's posting could be easily edited to attack herself.

Sadly, some Asian people fall for the whole white nationalist trope of "model minorities" and "Asians being acceptable". There's a whole thing in our community about feeling superior to black and hispanic people. Knew a lot of kids growing up whose parents allowed them to date and be friends with either other Asian kids or white kids, but not black or latino kids.

15 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Say some dumb, vile stuff, get sanctioned, appear on Fox News as a victim and become conservative celebrity has got to be the easiest grift in the entire country right now.

Or at least a job appearing in the background behind Trump at his rallies.  Maybe in a "Blacks for Trump" t shirt.  

2 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Sadly, some Asian people fall for the whole white nationalist trope of "model minorities" and "Asians being acceptable". There's a whole thing in our community about feeling superior to black and hispanic people. Knew a lot of kids growing up whose parents allowed them to date and be friends with either other Asian kids or white kids, but not black or latino kids.

Are we related? 

My mom made oddly racist and unprompted comments when my niece was born to a Jewish/Caucasian-Asian parents. 

18 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

They aren’t the only ones. Hispanics say the same things about so called blacks and Jews.

Yet people don’t realize the depravity and depth of the historical impact of white power in the world.

The image of Americans of recent African decent (so called blacks) and Jews has been trashed across continents by Americans of European decent (so called whites).

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

And I was turned onto Asian racism recently, being a brown Puerto Rican Italian, living on a street and renting a house with my brother and friend (who was black) and living o  a majority Asian street.

It wasnt pretty,and this is me coming from living in SoMd most of my life.Didnt really  understand it until I got the same story from a friend of mine who is Chinese.

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

is that really a white nationalism thing they are falling for in the US?  Asians cultures and countries seem to harbor a great deal of racism all on their own.   

1 hour ago, ClaytoAli said:

They aren’t the only ones. Hispanics say the same things about so called blacks and Jews.

Yet people don’t realize the depravity and depth of the historical impact of white power in the world.

The image of Americans of recent African decent (so called blacks) and Jews has been trashed across continents by Americans of European decent (so called whites).

Hispanics say some pretty horrible things about everyone, and this includes white people, but usually only behave this way when speaking in Spanish.  I say this as a Hispanic myself.  It's kind of nuts when you notice that one person seems to have very different lines for acceptable speech depending on which language they are speaking.

As for the topic itself, I suspect Ms. Zhu is trying to get a job in the right wing media.  She knows exactly what she's doing and I don't believe for a second that she's surprised by any of this.  She made blatantly racist statements repeatedly.  If she's surprised by anything it's that the back lash took so long to arrive. 

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Which is why I was attacking the comments. Or at least questioning if they are really that controversial. Maybe the crown/pageant thing makes them controversial.

Edit..thanks CC. Those other comments...whoa. 😮

You're not supposed to see the actual comments, that's probably fake news.

It's a pretty Asian girl in a MAGA hat being persecuted that's the real story. 

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

Are we related? 

My mom made oddly racist and unprompted comments when my niece was born to a Jewish/Caucasian-Asian parents. 

Y’all asians hella racist. But seriously, some of my asian friends mention how dating a white partner is preferred and pressured culturally.

I mean you can look at manga and anime and see white protagonist. I dunno where it came from but it’s a thing. 

1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

The second round of comments are deeply disturbing, but I agree with her comments about a campus "try on a hijab" is normalizing the oppression of women in the Islamic world rather than about cultural tolerance.

Yeah, lot of racist tweets in her history, but hijab one seems to raise a reasonable point.  Am I missing something?  What's the point of try on a hijab booth?

Yeah, the hijab comment actually sounds to me like something that might be a reasonable point to it. 

Now, there's another one, sure looks like expressing admiration for Hitler, that's just a teensy bit more unreasonable. (Although I'd like to see context. That same statement might be sarcasm, too). 

Archived