Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US and Iran Relations (News and Discussion)

visionary

34 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Or you are making a distinction without a difference. 

this saying only works when used properly btw

What is the reason you care about the “difference” for

the same reason everyone else cares

im glad we got him.

i don’t know about the ‘how’ yet. I’m not educated on Iran enough to know which narrative to believe. I’m willing to call it a success if this is the end of it... (I blame the air liner on Iran and Iran only)

but your entire line of arguing is built on the incredibly stupid foundation that being a sovereign country doesn’t matter.

It’s really stupid. 

Edited by tshile

4 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Terrorists are only terrorists if they attack americans in america. Wow.  

I don’t reckon previous administrations had the courage to do the right thing, regarding the designation... but putting a sticker on it doesn’t change anything anyway. 

The Americans they attack hardly have been civilians.

Even the missilies they launched recently were at a military base.

Edited by redskins59

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

this saying only works when used properly btw

the same reason everyone else cares

im glad we got him.

i don’t know about the ‘how’ yet. I’m not educated on Iran enough to know which narrative to believe. I’m willing to call it a success if this is the end of it...

but your entire line or arguing is build on an incredibly stupid foundation that being a sovereign country doesn’t matter.

really stupid. 

calling me stupid for ignoring the difference but unable to explain the difference. Sure.

Or is your position that because a state chooses to sponsor a terrorist organization, it gives the organization legitimacy.  

If that is your position, that is fine, but that is an opinion i don’t share.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

It would be a key component. I don’t know if critical is the right word

Don’t join in this stooge show of pretending the Iranian Revolutionary Guard is the same thing as ISIS or other terrorist organizations. 

they are worse if you let them get away with it.

1 minute ago, twa said:

they are worse if you let them get away with it.

I’m not saying they should be allowed to get away with anything. 

im more on the side of this being ok than not. And I posted when it began that I thought the left Was making a stupid move by arguing this the way they were (because they were coming across as IRG sympathizers even if they didn’t intend for it)

but don’t start trying to push some stupid narrative that being a high ranking official in a international government doesn’t mean anything

its not a clever troll. It’s dumb. Try to stay closer to the clever troll side of the spectrum and stay away from the low critical thinking end. 

4 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

calling me stupid for ignoring the difference but unable to explain the difference. Sure.

I’ve explained it

you don’t get it

everyone else in the world gets it

i offered your the option of being a liar. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Or is your position that because a state chooses to sponsor a terrorist organization, it gives the organization legitimacy.  

If that is your position, that is fine, but that is an opinion i don’t share.

The problem is what do you make of our CIA.  In the 1980s, was our CIA a terrorist organization?

6 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

The problem is what do you make of our CIA.  In the 1980s, was our CIA a terrorist organization?

I’m not exactly familiar with what you are talking about, but if they acted similar to the revolutionary guard then the answer is yes. 

Reasonable, @redskins59

6 minutes ago, tshile said:

don’t start trying to push some stupid narrative that being a high ranking official in a international government doesn’t mean anything

Designated a terrorist, under UN travel restrictions AND taking a ride in our sight is not your average high ranking official in a international government.

it did buy him a hell of a funeral though.

10 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

Chomsky certainly thought so

https://ideapod.com/35-noam-chomsky-quotes-will-make-question-everything-society/#On_Terrorism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Noam_Chomsky#On_terrorism

Edited by DCSaints_fan

4 minutes ago, twa said:

Designated a terrorist, under UN travel restrictions AND taking a ride in our sight is not your average high ranking official in a international government.

it did buy him a hell of a funeral though.

hey man, I’m glad he’s dead. 

I would prefer coordinated missile strikes based on solid intel over wars, long term occupations, rebuilding other countries, and creating governments for other countries. Every day of the week. 

that other argument is really ****ing stupid though. Stop it. 

6 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I’m not exactly familiar with what you are talking about, but if they acted similar to the revolutionary guard then the answer is yes. 

You mean funding and training and providing intel and direction and other resources to terrorists?

yeah that’s what they did. 

it’s a bullet point in modern American history. 

Edited by tshile
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Great question. Iran is going to have to shell out some money. Sanctions won't really do anything. Maybe there is a military response by Canada and England? A show of force. Iran should understand that is an option considering they ****ed this up. 

They need more than just being forced to shell out some money.  I’d like countries like Canada or England to grow some balls.  Find the site that launched the SAM and hit it with a cruise missile.  Remind the world that we aren’t the only ones that don’t like our citizens being killed.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

They need more than just being forced to shell out some money.  I’d like countries like Canada or England to grow some balls.  Find the site that launched the SAM and hit it with a cruise missile.  Remind the world that we aren’t the only ones that don’t like our citizens being killed.  

It was an accident though. a terrible accident, but i’m not sure attacking someone over a accident is the best precedence to set.

47 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So what does the rest of the world do about this?  Particularly Canada that had 60+ citizens on that plane.

Should they do anything?  I mean, it at least seems like it's an accident.  Sic a bunch of trial lawyers on 'em, but what else is really appropriate?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I’d like countries like Canada or England to grow some balls.

Hah. 

I don’t know if the rest of the first world countries got weak because we imposed ourselves everywhere, or if we reached a state of imposing ourselves everywhere because everyone else was getting weaker

either way were in a spot where even when we’re right, we’re going it alone. 

the UN and nato are a joke. Are any of them contributing the correct % of gdp now?