Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US and Iran Relations (News and Discussion)


visionary
 Share

Recommended Posts

Holding money for ransom to force a country to accept our military presence after missiles struck their country because of what we did and because we’re there is potentially very damaging to our economic power. That kind of bull**** is exactly why China and Russia always struggle to compete with us on the international stage. 
 

that said, the protests in Iran add an interesting twist to this whole thing...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, twa said:

when those wishing we would leave are a interim govt in place because of Iran and Soleimani's  games, a slow down is needed.

 

True.  Wouldn't want to stick some country with a government resulting from foreign interference.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

 

 

 

....and his daughter...But Biden's kid should be investigated...

 

"Ivanka Trump directly oversaw the relationship with the Mammadov family, led by Ziya Mammadov, a man whom American diplomats have called “notoriously corrupt even for Azerbaijan.”

The details of Trump’s indirect relationship with the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps were revealed in The New Yorker in March, and, soon afterward, several Democratic senators asked for more details from the Administration."

 

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-iran-business-ties-trump-didnt-disclose

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

 

 

So much for trump being set up by the Iranians...

Yeah that conspiracy theory didn't last long. I find it ridiculous the position the Dems have taken over the killing of Soliemani.  Deliberately editing out of their memories the Iranian attacks late last month, blaming Trump (some) for the deaths of the passengers on the Ukrainian flight and then coming up with ridiculous theories of how Trump got played. I criticized him for his stupid imminent attack justifications and his Iraqi sanction threats but I think some have gotten to the point where for many Trump as the bad guy trumps any other bad guy or bad guys no matter who they are.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Yeah that conspiracy theory didn't last long. I find it ridiculous the position the Dems have taken over the killing of Soliemani.  Deliberately editing out of their memories the Iranian attacks late last month, blaming Trump (some) for the deaths of the passengers on the Ukrainian flight and then coming up with ridiculous theories of how Trump got played. I criticized him for his stupid imminent attack justifications and his Iraqi sanction threats but I think some have gotten to the point where for many Trump as the bad guy trumps any other bad guy or bad guys no matter who they are.

 

Your attempt to appear moderate and rational might be more credible if you didn't start off by working so hard to create a straw man labeled "the Dems", and then claiming that "the Dems" let their ideology make them believe irrational things.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Larry said:

 

Your attempt to appear moderate and rational might be more credible if you didn't start off by working so hard to create a straw man labeled "the Dems", and then claiming that "the Dems" let their ideology make them believe irrational things.  

 

the dems certainly exist though....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Larry said:

 

Yes, Dems exist.  

 

You really got me, there.  Just destroyed my post where I claimed that they didn't.  

 

The dems that believe as @nonniey claimed, eg, not a straw man.  or maybe your not using the term straw man correctly, but idk.

 

 

Usually when someone starts mentioning the straw man they themselves are creating a straw man by arguing over the technicalities of the argument and not the idea presented.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

 

The dems that believe as @nonniey claimed, eg, not a straw man.  or maybe your not using the term straw man correctly, but idk.

 

Now we're getting closer.  

 

Yes, I have no doubt that if you look hard enough, you can cherry pick some statements which you can pretend are kinda close to the claims being made.  

 

And stringing all of them together, and labeling the construct "the Dems" is still a straw man.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Larry said:

 

Now we're getting closer.  

 

Yes, I have no doubt that if you look hard enough, you can cherry pick some statements which you can pretend are kinda close to the claims being made.  

 

And stringing all of them together, and labeling the construct "the Dems" is still a straw man.  

 

 

i mean, just go back and read through the tweets posted in the iran topic.... and @The Sisko saying our troops and citizens deserved to  be attacked because president trump killed a terrorist.  Several people here outright denied Iran was a terrorist state.  

 

Its not that hard to find.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, nonniey said:

I find it ridiculous the position the Dems have taken over the killing of Soliemani.  Deliberately editing out of their memories the Iranian attacks late last month, blaming Trump (some) for the deaths of the passengers on the Ukrainian flight and then coming up with ridiculous theories of how Trump got played.

I agree with you and want you to know that this is exactly how I felt reading nearly every single post you ever made up until the last two weeks or so.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • visionary changed the title to US and Iran Relations (News and Discussion)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...