Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US and Iran Relations (News and Discussion)

visionary

1 hour ago, bearrock said:

Yeah.  I certainly would prefer that Iran was backing down this time, but lot of people have been speculating (including some tweets posted by visionary) that Iran's real revenge may come far down the road in some clandestine way where they disavow responsibility with a wink.  I don't want that to be the case, but that would be more consistent with how Iran has done things in the past.

So, they wait for us to elect butt jug, then the real pounding begins.  ( ;) ).

Trump has made it clear that if Iran or Iranian supporters kill Americans, he’ll treat it the same. Only question is if he will follow that red line or not.

Maybe, but that’s a different argument that Iran wanted us to assassinate their military leaders.  

I think Russia leaned on them hard, and that’s why they backed down, personally. Russia wants the status quo. 

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

On 1/9/2020 at 3:34 PM, twa said:

The General and his organization were designated terrorists long ago

The Iranian government has designated us as terrorists. As was mentioned earlier, I suspect they’ll retaliate in a more quiet and deniable manner later on. We’ll deserve it.

• Confused 4

Iranian man with machete and knives arrested near Mar-a-Lago

An Iranian man has been arrested on weapons charges near U.S. President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida after police found him in possession of a machete, knives, and a large amount of cash, local officials say. Only few details are currently available.

The incident began at 9:30 a.m. on Friday when officers were called for a suspicious person on Flagler Memorial Bridge, which links West Palm Beach to Palm Beach. The man, who was later identified as Masoud Yareioeill Zoleh, was taken into custody at Bradley Park.

Police spokesman Michael Ogrodnick told the Palm Beach Daily News that Zoleh was found to have a machete, a pick axe, two knives, and $22,000 worth of cash in his possession. He has no known address in the U.S. and a vehicle he used was found at Palm Beach International Airport, where it was searched by the bomb squad.

Other details about the arrest were not immediately known, but local police said they were working on the case with federal partners, according to WPBF-TV. The incident happened less than 3 miles (5 kilometers) north of Mar-a-Lago and comes amidst heightened tensions between the U.S. and Iran.

'Serious concerns' raised over integrity of Iran plane crash site

Air crash experts have raised serious concerns over the handling of the crash site of a Ukrainian airliner suspected to have been accidentally shot down by Iranian missiles, as fears grow that Tehran has sought to eliminate evidence from the area.

Graham Braithwaite, professor of safety and accident investigation at Cranfield University, said the Iranian handling of the crash site, including the apparent quick removal of evidence, raised “serious concerns over the integrity of the investigation”.

“Where you have flight recorders that tell you what has happened you can move quickly to clearing the site,” he explained. “But if the recorders are damaged [as the Iranians have said] then all you have is the forensic evidence at the site to tell you the story.”

The Ukrainian foreign minister, Vadym Prystaiko, said on Friday that it had been given access to the flight recorders and planned to start analysing their content.

Iran has invited investigators from Canada, Ukraine and Boeing to see the accident site on the outskirts of Tehran to prove the aircraft was not mistakenly targeted by Iranian air defences. It said it would also welcome representatives of other countries whose citizens died on Ukraine International Airlines flight 752.

Prystaiko said Ukrainian experts had been given access to the crash site but according to a crew from the US broadcaster CBS News who reached the crash site by 9am on Thursday morning, it appeared to have been cleared of the plane’s debris. “Scavengers now picking the site clean,” said Elizabeth Palmer, a CBS correspondent. “No security. Not cordoned off. No sign of any investigators.”

Braithwaite, who teaches a course in air accident investigations, said he was surprised that the Iranians had moved to clear the crash site before other interested parties, including Ukrainian, Canadian and other technical investigators had been able to make their own examination, which he said he would have expected under annexe 13 of the Chicago convention, the international agreement that sets out protocols for crash inquiries.

Braithwaite said he was also surprised to see images of an earthmover moving debris at the crash site – suggesting that risked compromising the scene – as well as the CBS report that the site had been left unsecured while local residents scavenged.

“It suggests poor site discipline at least, or wilful neglect. If a site is picked clean you can’t put it back together again.”

He said accident investigators were usually mindful of doing anything that might compromise a criminal investigation, particularly relating to the chain of custody of evidence that might contain explosive residues. “You would expect the protocols involved then to be of the highest standards overseen by police or security forces.”

Click on the link for the full article

4 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

At first I thought this was outrageous but then I realized that the only thing that isn’t normal is him admitting it out loud.

Is there a crime Trump has committed that he hasn't admitted out loud?  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, visionary said:

It’s interesting how quickly they admitted it since Russia was trying to provide cover for them today and still haven’t owned up to their involvement in mh17.

The Iranian regime obviously cares more about having a reputation for honesty than the Republican Party does.  

6 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

At first I thought this was outrageous but then I realized that the only thing that isn’t normal is him admitting it out loud.

I find it amusing that she is smart enough to think “Wait you gotta lie about it let me help you” and he’s like “no **** that we took the oil”