Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

I can't believe that people aren't giving Trent the benefit of the doubt when the franchise constantly implodes relationships with its employees through incompetence, contempt or ego.  Brian Lafemina, Scot McCloughan, RGIII, basically every coach except Gibbs.  I'm sure someone that actually gives a **** about this team could provide a much more comprehensive list. 

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

On this scenario, I don’t expect the FO to run personnel decisions by players.  But yes, they should communicate the ‘why’ to the faces of your franchise.  Particularly when it doesn’t add up.  You desperately need a guard, but you select a tackle there.  I venture a guess he was less hurt and more perturbed that they didn’t fix the glaring need.  One that he is more familiar with than anyone.

Yes, I'm not saying get his approval.  I'm saying give him a heads up and an explanation, just to show respect.  That's not a hard conversation if you have a shred of humility. 

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

I can't believe that people aren't giving Trent the benefit of the doubt when the franchise constantly implodes relationships with its employees through incompetence, contempt or ego.  Brian Lafemina, Scot McCloughan, RGIII, basically every coach except Gibbs.  I'm sure someone that actually gives a **** about this team could provide a much more comprehensive list. 

I’ve been preaching this since the news broke, many wont hear it though.  We actually had someone blame the fanbase for the FO’s missteps.  That’s the level of rationale by some around here.

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’ve been preaching this since the news broke, many wont hear it though.  We actually had someone blame the fanbase for the FO’s missteps.  That’s the level of rationale by some around here.

This is 93 pages long and honestly, I'm not sure a single person really knows what has happened and what is continuing to happen.  To decide which side messed up (or both perhaps) seems a bit crazy. 

It is disappointing that this team ALWAYS seems to have some type of non-football related drama going on.

15 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

This isnt about benefit of the doubt, I know how second rate this franchise is.  This is about Trent meeting them halfway in pettiness.  I'm sorry, but I cant take William's side if he holds out regular season games, that's doesnt mean I'm taking Bruce's. 

7 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Funny thing is, even if Trent reported to camp, we'd be asking ourselves the exact same questions...

"Will he be ready for Game 1 ?"

Because even if he was here, he'd be on PUP and unable to play for medical reasons.

Why would he be on PUP?  

8 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Funny thing is, even if Trent reported to camp, we'd be asking ourselves the exact same questions...

"Will he be ready for Game 1 ?"

Because even if he was here, he'd be on PUP and unable to play for medical reasons.

Wait, What?  Am I missing something?

21 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

This is 93 pages long and honestly, I'm not sure a single person really knows what has happened and what is continuing to happen.  To decide which side messed up (or both perhaps) seems a bit crazy. 

It is disappointing that this team ALWAYS seems to have some type of non-football related drama going on.

You are correct in that none of us know whats going on.  The point is that this is the usual course of business here - drama.  On one side, you have a seven time pro bowler that has been a leader and played hurt a lot for the team and on the other, you have well...the Redskins FO, whose track record speaks for itself. 

Yet it never fails, fans find reasons to vilify the player. 

20 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This isnt about benefit of the doubt, I know how second rate this franchise is.  This is about Trent meeting them halfway in pettiness.  I'm sorry, but I cant take William's side if he holds out regular season games, that's doesnt mean I'm taking Bruce's. 

This is the best post I've read on this...

We don't have to believe that one side is entirely correct while the other is entirely incorrect here. 

From what we've heard (nothing concrete) it SEEMS that the Redskins medical staff MAY HAVE misdiagnosed his tumor and MAY HAVE encouraged him not to immediately get a second opinion. Those are the 2 things that paint the team in a bad light. 

From what we've heard (nothing concrete) it SEEMS that Williams was frustrated by the misdiagnosis, demanded a trade or a raise, and we KNOW he's holding out. It also SEEMS that he's tried to strong-arm the dismissal of the medical staff. We can also ASSUME that some of his frustration was the third-party doctor's escalation of the severity before determining that the tumor was benign. 

To me, this isn't a one-sided thing. 

37 minutes ago, MariusVT said:

I'd love to get a high pick for him, but really any team that sees what's going on isn't going to offer more than a 4th or 5th for him.  The Redskins only option is to hope they can sit on him and their will is stronger than his.

that is wrong.  For one thing, more than one team would want him which would increase his value.  For another we're not so financially desperate that eating his salary would ruin us.

I'm pretty sure just last year a couple of disgruntled guys were traded for first rounders

20 minutes ago, Tedskins 21 said:

Wait, What?  Am I missing something?

He still not fully recovered from his last procedure AND he needs another procedure to finish it up.

AND as a result of the whole offseason medical thing, he's hardly done any working out.

22 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

Why would he be on PUP?  

44 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Yes, I'm not saying get his approval.  I'm saying give him a heads up and an explanation, just to show respect.  That's not a hard conversation if you have a shred of humility. 

well just look around the forum and see how many members of the fanbase would have similarly soured the relationships if they were in Snyder and Allen's shoes.  There are people who can't bring up RG3 without tearing down his rookie season to go with his later failures.  GMSM's drafts didn't pan out as they seemed likely at they would because some of the flawed players he picked to maximize value couldn't overcome them.

Should the team really have positive relationships with Spurrier and Zorn?  I personally dislike Shanny

People are siding against Trent right now, because he refuses to make his case, and that leads many to believe he doesn't have one they'd respect

10 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

And this is probably why no trade has actually been done or even trade talks substantiated.

Because what team is going to trade for a guy who still has medical questions, and don't know when he'll be ready to play this year ?

considering the number of times a tem trades for someone and a physical then ends up nullifying it?  Plenty

53 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

The guy doesn't want to play for a broken franchise that has shown that they don't care about him, their best player for the past decade.  I, frankly, don't blame him.  If the team can't or won't look out for him, he should look out for himself.  I feel bad for the guy that he's had to deal with the teams never ending bull**** for his whole career and gone out and done his job.  

17 minutes ago, carex said:

well just look around the forum and see how many members of the fanbase would have similarly soured the relationships if they were in Snyder and Allen's shoes.  There are people who can't bring up RG3 without tearing down his rookie season to go with his later failures.  GMSM's drafts didn't pan out as they seemed likely at they would because some of the flawed players he picked to maximize value couldn't overcome them.

Should the team really have positive relationships with Spurrier and Zorn?  I personally dislike Shanny

People are siding against Trent right now, because he refuses to make his case, and that leads many to believe he doesn't have one they'd respect

I'll just point out that fans are fans and not professional football people that should know better.  Nobody on this board, that I'm aware of, is getting paid millions of dollars per year to do a job that very much includes managing these relationships. 

i haven't followed the thread, so am unaware of the breakdown of how many think ternt is at soem kind of fault here or not

i don't think there's a more pertinent factor than dan is a **** owner (from a football perspective) who has run a **** franchise and bruce is a huge pile of additional **** added to it :)

other than that, the sky's the limit this year!!!

Is possible that maybe he just doesn't want to play anymore because his body just plain hurts everyday. Mine does and I deal with it every morning and it sucks. Can't imagine how his feels......maybe he wants guaranteed money to keep doing this and all the rest is just smoke and mirrors. What guaranteed money is he set to earn over the next two years. I see 11 million this year and 12 million next but that isn't guaranteed money is it? All a big guess until facts come out, which will shock me if they actually do.

16 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The guy doesn't want to play for a broken franchise that has shown that they don't care about him, their best player for the past decade.  I, frankly, don't blame him.  If the team can't or won't look out for him, he should look out for himself.  I feel bad for the guy that he's had to deal with the teams never ending bull**** for his whole career and gone out and done his job.  

Theres a right way and wrong way to go about this reality.  You can be right, but do something so wrong it was like you were never right in the first place.  For clarification, the team (coaches and players) didnt do this nor did the fans, it was front office and medical staff.  Everyone is going to pay the price for him holding out, he knows that and doing it anyway. 

21 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

And that's all fine. It's his right to do whatever he wants. But you can't have it both ways...you can't hold a team hostage hoping to force a trade but also act as though it's completely because of the medical staff. If he's sick of losing on this second-rate team, then just say "I want to be traded to a winner because I think my career deserves a title run or two." Own it, don't embellish things to hide behind.  

27 minutes ago, carex said:

considering the number of times a tem trades for someone and a physical then ends up nullifying it?  Plenty

Those are probably times that the physical results took them by surprise.

It could already be known ahead of time, that Trent would not pass a physical, thus lack of interest from teams ATM.

I see this as him not wanting to play for this team any more.  It's probably a combination of factors, including wanting to win, and being tired of this franchise. The tell-tale sign, is the issue about the medical staff. Whether or not he really has beef with the staff, or not - it provides cover for him wanting to leave for another team. If he didn't want to play at all, he would just retire.

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

No. Ty had been around and he knew he wasn't a threat. There was probably noise in his ear that Christian was drafted to replace him. 

I think fans write off human emotion too fast in these matters. We tend to think these dudes are robots. If he felt slighted with that, and then the medical situation occurred as it did, it could lead someone to feel unappreciated. And thus... this. 

Or it's all bull**** and he just wants money. I don't think it matters much either way. We are where we are.

I don't think it's one thing. Could be a combo of no playoff wins, Kirk's departure, Alex's injury, tackle being drafted, misdiagnosis, dealing with Allen, no playoff wins, etc.... All of that will wear on a guy. 

He most likely has several legitimate  issues with this organization (from top to bottom), but money is the only thing that will resolve the issue.  I believe he will be back at left tackle when he is physically able with a little more guaranteed jingle in his pocket.  He has been a great Redskin, often a bright spot in a heaping pile of poo, and I hope he retires a Redskin.

Archived