Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

Just now, carex said:

supposedly he didn't like the team drafting Geron Christian and it's legitimate enough a columnist felt it was okay to print it in the Post.  It said nothing about his relationship with Christian as a person, but if you don't like the team acquiring someone then you basically don't want them on the team

Yea I don't get that. It sounds so far out there, that I have a hard time believing that.

How can the league's best LT feel threatened by a 3rd round pick, who was actually a stretch and rated much lower ?

Or how can he feel threatened by the team needing a capable backup for a key position that's oft-injured in Trent's case ?

That just doesn't make sense.

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yea I don't get that. It sounds so far out there, that I have a hard time believing that.

How can the league's best LT feel threatened by a 3rd round pick, who was actually a stretch and rated much lower ?

Or how can he feel threatened by the team needing a capable backup for a key position that's oft-injured in Trent's case ?

That just doesn't make sense.

I honestly don’t think I’ve read a worse article in my entire life.

The easy answer: Them drafting Christian meant they were beginning the process to replace him (albeit half heartedly).

so couple that with the medical staff, him flat out allegedly not liking Allen, and the desire for more money (which coincides directly with the idea that they are looking to replace him... he wants a security blanket)...

it it makes sense. 

Whether the rest is true or not who knows. 

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The easy answer: Them drafting Christian meant they were beginning the process to replace him (albeit half heartedly).

Unless they spoke otherwise, why couldn't Christian be perceived as depth ?

I'm thinkin if they want to replace TW, they would have gotten a much much better prospect than Christian, as well as spent a higher pick

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

Unless they spoke otherwise, why couldn't Christian be perceived as depth ?

I'm thinkin if they want to replace TW, they would have gotten a much much better prospect than Christian, as well as spent a higher pick

Not if they thought he was a sleeper beast. We have no way of knowing, though. But I’m sure there’s at least a small amount of fire involved there.

37 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Maybe I'm a little behind due to work. What exactly are his demands?

We'll based on Bruce Allen's comments in early June he knows the truth and won't expand beyond that. Both sides have said nothing directly since that comment. Honestly, it might be best for Trent's agent just to air all the dirty laundry and force the teams hand. This will no doubt make the team look bad. 

It might be as simple as Trent wants out of Washington and Bruce is ignoring his request. 

All the same, from Bruce claiming he knows the situation it's been almost 2 months. My guess is Trent had demands and Allen called it a bluff. Very shrude move to just shrug of someone's request. 

18 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The easy answer: Them drafting Christian meant they were beginning the process to replace him (albeit half heartedly)

Just my opinion, but I doubt that's the case. It's the NFL. Players compete for jobs every single season and not much is given. 

If he was threatened by Christian by that same logic shouldn't he of been threatened by Ty's previous deal? 

I'm sure he's got an ego like all great athletes, but he's repeatedly been a team guy. I don't see how that would change. 

Anyway, I think this was one little thing, being the misdiagnosis, that set him off. Sorta a 'straw that broke the camel's back' type situation. Looking at the specific event onto itself doesn't make sense, but there's a history there that should be considered. 

4 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So it's as simple as "He wants out, period" and noting else will suffice.

Sounds like the most plausible explanation.

But how can you say for sure that he goes to a contender ? Does Trent have a clause in his contract that allows him to disprove a trade to a team that's not a contender ?

It's a good question. If the Redskins trade him to some bad team he could always go full Jake Plummer and just retire. End thing off in a complete lose-lose-lose scenario where all parties just walk away with less then they had. 

Also, if he goes to a non-contender it will probably come with a significant pay bump. $20M guaranteed and an extra $10-15M before retirement would probably be acceptable. Afterall he'd be going to a team where there's no baggage, which might really be what he wants. 

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

The other thing. Trent played a year with Christian. And witnessed first-hand that this guy was no threat to take Trent's job.

The Christian thing makes zero sense.  If you're a baller stud, you welcome competition and beat them out.  When the whole team realizes Christian is a project, you laugh.   Anyway it's been said for years by our coaches that Ty was a starter on any other team thus he would get his chance so you need a backup swing tackle.  So I don't buy the narrative that Trent (being top 3 LT's in league) feeling threatened by Christian being drafted.   That is BS reporter pot stirring ****e.  Makes no sense yet if it's real than Trent is very paranoid.   Hell he saw Christian suck year 1 so why feel threatened.  Trent has been suspended 2x for weed, yeah he plays hurt but suspensions didn't help us either.  As Theisman said when he signed his new deal 2yrs ago he was the highest paid LT, you can't **** if market changes during your deal.   I get if he's physically altered from unnecessary facial surgery, that would piss me off for sure but come out and say it.  We are grown men.

7 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

The Christian thing makes zero sense.  If you're a baller stud, you welcome competition and beat them out.  When the whole team realizes Christian is a project, you laugh.   Anyway it's been said for years by our coaches that Ty was a starter on any other team thus he would get his chance so you need a backup swing tackle.  So I don't buy the narrative that Trent (being top 3 LT's in league) feeling threatened by Christian being drafted.   That is BS reporter pot stirring ****e.  Makes no sense yet if it's real than Trent is very paranoid.   Hell he saw Christian suck year 1 so why feel threatened.  Trent has been suspended 2x for weed, yeah he plays hurt but suspensions didn't help us either.  As Theisman said when he signed his new deal 2yrs ago he was the highest paid LT, you can't **** if market changes during your deal.   I get if he's physically altered from unnecessary facial surgery, that would piss me off for sure but come out and say it.  We are grown men.

I agree with you. It's a well timed, click bait piece. Nothing more. 

46 minutes ago, KDawg said:

...sleeper beast....

Is that like a Boogie man, Freddy Kruger or maybe one those things from Monsters Inc.?

A sleeper is already someone who's underrated. A sleeper that's also a beast? Is that like a probowl non-starter? 

44 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm not going to be right if he gets traded to the Pats. The eventual "so good to play for a class organization" and him finally getting a ring I'll never forget.

I know, right? It's like that burning anger I get when I bump into one of my ex's and find out she's happy. 

I mean without me, how can anyone be happy, right?

Seriously though, I wish him well. I've cheered for him, proudly wore the jersey and want what's best for him. If that's in a different uni (excluding Cowboys), that's fine with me. 

13 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Seems as though Trent's agent, Vincent Taylor, is not even on twitter.

Interesting. I immediately respect him a bit more.

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

...The team is somewhat confused with Williams' request because they don't know what he wants. A source familiar with their thinking indicated he has not demanded specific changes on the medical staff, and Williams' side has been silent in attempts to negotiate a new contract. A source familiar with Williams' thinking indicated he wouldn't demand to be the highest paid tackle in the NFL, but does want more guaranteed money. He currently has two years remaining on his contract, but next year's $12.5 million base salary isn't guaranteed.

...As of now, both sides are dug in. Williams has made nearly $100 million in his career and has taken care of his finances in a way that he and his family are set. The Redskins' reported hope to squeeze him financially with fines aren't yet having an effect, but that could change. The amount of money Williams has accrued in fines, while significant, doesn't equal one of his game checks. Those start coming Week 1. As of now, Williams is telling friends he's prepared to sit out the season.

However, Williams still isn't ready to play football yet. The cosmetic surgeries that were required to fix his head limited his ability to workout in the offseason. While Williams is in Los Angeles rapidly getting into shape, he isn't there yet. When he is ready to play, his competitive nature could certainly kick in and his stomach to hold out could change.

Williams is also notoriously loyal. The reason he played in 2017 on a severely injured knee is because he didn't want to let down his teammates, or the only organization he's ever known. While he is upset with the organization, it won't be easy for him to miss games.

It won't be easy for the Redskins either. Donald Penn is a nice signing to add depth, and Geron Christian, Sr. has looked leaps and bounds better than last year in his limited action. But neither are Williams. Almost no one is.

For now, there is no looming deadline. Week 1 is still over a month away, however the silence of both sides seems to be doing damage. A relationship that was fractured but not irreparable is suddenly trending that way.

https://thefandc.radio.com/trent-williams-told-friends-hes-prepared-to-sit-out-the-season

Honestly, it's just blah blah blah to me at this point.  Let him hold out the entire season, hell, let him hold out next season too,  I could really give a **** at the end of the day.  If no trade offers come in that is worth a crap, then let him hold out and ruin his career and lose money.  No matter what happens, I'd let his ass walk in 2021.  

Time for him to take off the diaper and ****ing man up, imo.

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

so couple that with the medical staff, him flat out allegedly not liking Allen, and the desire for more money (which coincides directly with the idea that they are looking to replace him... he wants a security blanket)...

it it makes sense. 

Whether the rest is true or not who knows. 

I do agree. It's a combination of things, and the "deafness" and arrogance of BA.

I believe he really wants out, I wish him to get a ring, he deserves it, unfortunately not in DC.

4 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

And you know this how...?

I should have added 'in my opinion'..

We signed Flowers on the 18th March, around about the time Trents health scare news hit social media. I posted in that thread 4 months ago that I felt the 2 were loosely linked. It was such a random move. 

We then drafted 2 interior OL. Flowers isn't making this team as a Guard. Never. I never suggested he was a replacement for Trent, but the move only made sense as being a 'we need some bodies in to play tackle'. Drafting a LT was not seen as a priority as Christian is going to ge a shot at some stage, but was also still banged up.

I think as far back as that we knew and the issue was brewing for longing than a couple of months. 

Also, its logical to think Penn has always been on speed dial at the ultimate fall back option. He has close connections with a number of people in the organisation, in particular Gruden himself. Gruden is in record as saying it would take Penn half an hour to pick up the playbook. So once the red light was officially full on with Trent, in comes Penn.

The more I read about this, the more I’m convinced that this is just about money. There was one article the other day that read like “Williams is angry, will not return, has no trust with the organization. But could be healed by guaranteed money...”

I'd really like to know what the "it" is. Where does the discontentment lie. It kind of feels like Williams' camp is not communicating with his team or teammates. Then again, maybe he is and we're being (appropriately) left in the dark. There are many legit reasons to be disgruntled with the Redskins and quite a few petty ones. We know Williams could hold out for a year. He has the kind of stubbornness. You have to to play so long on a bad knee.

I'd just like to know.

7 hours ago, RabidFan said:

he was worried he wouldn't have a chance to cause they'd cut him to save his salary according to the column

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

I'd really like to know what the "it" is. Where does the discontentment lie. It kind of feels like Williams' camp is not communicating with his team or teammates. Then again, maybe he is and we're being (appropriately) left in the dark. There are many legit reasons to be disgruntled with the Redskins and quite a few petty ones. We know Williams could hold out for a year. He has the kind of stubbornness. You have to to play so long on a bad knee.

I'd just like to know.

that's why I called it passive aggressive.

Even that Hoffman article above suggests he's only partly made it clear what his demands are.

Maybe he doesn't want to name  his price because that makes it easy for the Skins to meet it and he'd prefer to go biut not so much he'd turn down something huge

Archived