Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

Just now, NoCalMike said:

There should be ramifications for this. 

"Brooks Brothers Riot".  You remember what the repercussions were?  

What ought to happen, at the very least, is for every single Republican on Capitol Hill to be unelectable for the rest of their lives.  Their districts can elect other Republicans (if they're sure they aren't tainted.)  Just not those.  

I would avoid the "endangered national security" claims, here.  To me, that's Republican-level faux outrage, there.  

I think I'd stick with pointing out that they're liars.  It's not a secret hearing.  Print a list of the authorized Republicans who were in the room. And point out that their political publicity stunt was coordinated in advance to 

1)  Push a lie.  

2)  Divert attention from a sworn witness who was giving sworn testimony which they knew in advance would implicate a member of their Party in crimes, and they wanted to make sure that he avoids punishment for it.  

SCIF storming is yet another example of no consequence for law breaking by republicans. Baffling. They can do whatever they want. I'm beginning to think they can ALL stand up on 5th Avenue and gun down citizens. If there's no retribution for this premeditated, literal breach of national security then wtf are we even discussing all this for. 

Gaetz and Scalise? Are you ****ing kidding me? They're dangerous cartoons.

8 minutes ago, Chachie said:

SCIF storming is yet another example of no consequence for law breaking by republicans. Baffling. They can do whatever they want. I'm beginning to think they can ALL stand up on 5th Avenue and gun down citizens. If there's no retribution for this premeditated, literal breach of national security then wtf are we even discussing all this for. 

Gaetz and Scalise? Are you ****ing kidding me? They're dangerous cartoons.

Of course the Democrats are going to "condemn" their actions, but won't do a damn thing to show that they mean business. 

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Of course the Democrats are going to "condemn" their actions, but won't do a damn thing to show that they mean business. 

I guarantee that if the situation were reversed, House dems would be trying to make bail right now.

7 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

The GOP wants Democrats in this situation to take the bait so they can muddy the whole impeachment inquiry and turn into a circus show. Doing "something" right now except letting the GOP make an ass out of themselves would play right into what Gaetz et al want, which is a ****show that diverts attention from what a corrupt POS Trump is.

Don't take the bait. This is a desperate group of people that knows they are losing the public argument so they are resorting to whatever it takes to create faux controversy. All of the nonsense today is to divert attention away from the damning facts coming out.

8 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Don't take the bait. This is a desperate group of people that knows they are losing the public argument so they are resorting to whatever it takes to create faux controversy. All of the nonsense today is to divert attention away from the damning facts coming out.

I suppose you're right but this won't deter further chaotic behavior. Grrrr....  

At least she resumed testimony anyway...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/pentagon-official-to-testify-about-ukraine-aid-in-house-impeachment-probe/2019/10/22/59c2c872-f518-11e9-8cf0-4cc99f74d127_story.html

Trying to sort this out so I can get things straight.  Someone correct me if I am wrong about the following:

1) Nothing illegal/against the rules about the hearings being conducted behind closed doors. Also, 12 of the 41 GOPers who stormed the hearings are actually eligible to be a part of it but are choosing not to.

2) The GOP storming the hearings actually IS illegal/against the rules, and as of yet there have been no consequences. Not to mention the unsecured electronic device stuff added on top of it all. 

What am I wrong about? (Serious question)

46 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

The GOP wants Democrats in this situation to take the bait so they can muddy the whole impeachment inquiry and turn into a circus show. Doing "something" right now except letting the GOP make an ass out of themselves would play right into what Gaetz et al want, which is a ****show that diverts attention from what a corrupt POS Trump is.

Spot on. 

In addition, there may very well be career impacts for the asshats who carried a cell phone into the SCIF. I don't if this is true:

I guarantee you that tonight on Fox they will be lauded as true patriots that are bringing transparency back to the government for the common citizen.  It seems that if the Dems try to dispute that, it'll be, "See, they're hiding something". 

-sigh-  I seriously don't know how you combat this.

Archived