Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

I'll post this here and in the other thread so the before mentioned "contest" can move on to that thread. 

It was originally a post then a thread started,(not a bad idea actually in this case considering the subject matter),but either it got lost or nobody took the bait,(or both).  Let's move that particular "debate",(Syria,Trump,Obama ect.), to that thread and leave this thread the other alone thanks.  

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27913518/mlb-looking-long-umpire-rob-drake-tweet

Major League Baseball is looking into a since-deleted tweet by longtime umpire Rob Drake, commissioner Rob Manfred said Wednesday.

Drake tweeted late Tuesday that he planned to buy an AR-15 rifle "because if you impeach MY PRESIDENT this way, YOU WILL HAVE ANOTHER CIVAL WAR!!! #MAGA2020", according to a copy of the tweet obtained by ESPN.

The tweet, which was deleted soon after it was posted, followed one earlier in the night regarding the House of Representatives' impeachment proceedings with President Donald Trump.

The other tweet read: "You can't do an impeachment inquiry from the basement of Capital Hill without even a vote! What is going on in this country?"

Fitting with the WS going on but it’s amazing how ****ing dumb some people are.

The Dems are Dumb: Episode 943

You know what Graham has planned. You also see the video of him from the Clinton years saying the opposite AND the video of saying if Trump wins, it's going to be bad. How that isn't attached to every post/video/whatever they do today non-stop is beyond me. Before he steps to a mic. Everything he said that is counter to this needs to be on repeat.

The Media will try to ask him a little about this and he'll make up something to say it's different. But it would be nice if all their questions started with those quotes. 

27 minutes ago, twa said:

Yes.

There is no book, there is precedent on impeachment process.....which is not being followed.

So...who's book?

Well, there are a couple of books. There's the House rule book, and the Constitution. The Constitution says nothing about how the House can/should conduct an impeachment investigation and the House rules were changed about 4-5 years ago by Republicans to allow a lot of what's happening now, and the Dems are using the same rules. 

hqdefault.jpg

13 minutes ago, twa said:

So...who's book?

I read a really good one the other day about this guy who 100% of the time defended anybody who put one letter after their name and then 100% of the time attacked anyone who put a different letter after their name. It was pretty cool cause even though his hypocrisy was blatant & on full display, he somehow kept getting people to engage him in attempts at serious conversation as if his opinion was at all relevant.

916uM+kfoXL.jpg

Which reminds me of a joke....

Knock knock
Who's there?
Lindsey Graham.
The whore?
Yes.
Hold on while I get my hardback copy of, "The Ethical Slut" so I can kill you with it.

12 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Well, there are a couple of books. There's the House rule book, and the Constitution. The Constitution says nothing about how the House can/should conduct an impeachment investigation and the House rules were changed about 4-5 years ago by Republicans to allow a lot of what's happening now, and the Dems are using the same rules. 

The book says the House determines the rules as they go....so vote.

or not and enjoy the house members doing as they will.

Here's the difference, as explained somewhere in media.

In the past two impeachment proceedings, there first was an investigation by a special prosecutor. There's none in this case because Barr won't appoint one.  So the House committees are conducting their own investigations behind closed doors, as should be.

The special prosecutor then referred the findings to the House. Then the House conducted public hearings. In this case, the House will conduct public hearings after the closed investigations are concluded. As should be.

After the public hearings, impeachment articles will be voted by first committees then the full House. As should be.

My own opinion is that any special prosecutor appointed by Barr will be biased for Trump. The House is doing what they must. I hope the list is very lengthy and thorough. And if Republicans on the closed committees refuse to participate and do their patriotic duty and uphold their oath of office, I want their names publicized widely, make that any Republican who protests the work of the House.

Archived