Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread


Impeachment  

198 members have voted

  1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?



Recommended Posts

The only thing that upsets me about this is that I know Dems are going to let the Republicans that covered for this get off free. They wont punish them for letting politics hurt the country and that will be a political decision that will hurt the country. 

 

And example must be made and the dems dont have the balls to do it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Llevron said:

The only thing that upsets me about this is that I know Dems are going to let the Republicans that covered for this get off free. They wont punish them for letting politics hurt the country and that will be a political decision that will hurt the country. 

 

And example must be made and the dems dont have the balls to do it.

 

 

I wonder how this forum would feel about this punishment. What does it look like? What should happen? Who actually gets punished?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Llevron said:

The only thing that upsets me about this is that I know Dems are going to let the Republicans that covered for this get off free. They wont punish them for letting politics hurt the country and that will be a political decision that will hurt the country. 

 

And example must be made and the dems dont have the balls to do it. 

 

There are statutes of limitation for these crimes, and there needs to be a grand jury that can result in sealed indictments that can be unsealed once the Republicans lose the 2020 election. That alone obviates Trump pardoning those who committed crimes. Even if there aren't sealed indictments, the statutes of limitation are still in place. The key is getting Republicans out of the administration. 

 

 

3 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Their punishment has to come from the electorate. 

Vote the bums out! 😁

 

That's one punishment, another is indictments from grand juries after January 2021.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

There are statutes of limitation for these crimes, and there needs to be a grand jury that can result in sealed indictments that can be unsealed once the Republicans lose the 2020 election. That alone obviates Trump pardoning those who committed crimes. Even if there aren't sealed indictments, the statutes of limitation are still in place. The key is getting Republicans out of the administration. 

Who is doing the indictments? The Department of Justice?

24 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Their punishment has to come from the electorate. 

Vote the bums out! 😁

Not just vote them out, people need to be held criminally responsible for their acts. But the American story doesn’t ever do that.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That's 1000 to 1 against, right? Republicans will play see no evil, hear no evil, speak lots and lots of evil until Trump is removed by vote or impeachment & Senate trial because the law and order party of the 90's is no more.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Given what we know now, how crazy is it that the DOJ decided not to investigate this criminal referral?

 

Remember when @troll and the gop sheep were saying that this was improper but not impeachable? Lol, oh lord, that’s a bad look now. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I wonder how this forum would feel about this punishment. What does it look like? What should happen? Who actually gets punished?

 

Thats a good question. I honestly havent even thought about it. What do you think?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Given what we know now, how crazy is it that the DOJ decided not to investigate this criminal referral?

 

Remember when @troll and the gop sheep were saying that this was improper but not impeachable? Lol, oh lord, that’s a bad look now. 

 

It was all a bad look. @troll never had a leg to stand on in the beginning and he never let that stop him. He won’t stop now. He has transitioned to putting blame on the Dems for something or other, but if you asked him today he would vote for him again. Because God wants nothing more than for you to side with evil to get what you think he wants. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mistertim said:

They aren't going to at the very least also go for obstruction of Congress like with Nixon? I mean...he's been doing that blatantly and openly since this impeachment inquiry began.

 

Well, in Trump's defense, so has the entire Republican Party.  

 

I think Congress should impeach Devin Nunes, too.  The constitution gives Congress the power to determine it's own membership.  And to write their own rules.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gbear said:

That's 1000 to 1 against, right? Republicans will play see no evil, hear no evil, speak lots and lots of evil until Trump is removed by vote or impeachment & Senate trial because the law and order party of the 90's is no more.

 

They weren't a Law & Order Party in the 90s, either.  

 

Iran Contra.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if his defenders will latch onto this:

 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/22/politics/bill-taylor-deposition-text-messages/index.html

 

Quote

"Ambassador Sondland said that he had talked to President Zelensky and Mr. Yermak and told them that, although this was not a quid pro quo, if President Zelensky did not 'clear things up' in public, we could be at a 'stalemate.' I understood 'stalemate to mean that Ukraine would not receive the much-needed military assistance," Taylor testified.

 

That's sort of like pulling a gun on someone, saying "Give me all of your money, or I'll shoot you...but this isn't a robbery", and then using that in court to claim that you never committed a crime. 

Edited by mistertim
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jumbo locked this topic
  • Jumbo unlocked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...