Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

9 hours ago, tshile said:

Yes

which is really the core of the problem here. i just spent a few days with someone and have learned a bit about the trump supporters. 

they’re brainwashed. They think that anything that refutes their points comes from an untrustworthy source. Everyone is out to get them - trump and his supporters. While we were laughing at trump complaining about a witch hunt, they were being indoctrinated. And they’re full on in now. 

they believe the fbi is not to be trusted. The intelligence community. Anything foreign can’t be trusted - media, politicians, even results of things just can’t be trusted. 

they’ve been turned against America’s institutions. The things the keep our society together. There is no trust. There is no authority. 

that’s why they’re ok with arguing that people are liberals going after trump, even if 2 weeks before they were lauding that persons credentials when they were announced for the task/position. 

or that the Ukraine stuff doesn’t matter because the Biden’s need to be investigated

or that the gop can literally present no factual evidence, but that the side that only presented factual evidence can’t be trusted. 

the executive privilege nonsense could go to scotus, which is stacked for the R’s, and rule against trump, and they’d find a way to blame scotus for bias and still support and agree with trump 

This isn’t a stupidity problem anymore. It’s a cult problem. 

logical arguments and evidence are not going to work. 

So, in essence, they are no longer Americans and can be deported.

9 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

So it took Russia exactly one single election cycle to win the propaganda war.  That is depressing. 

Well to be fair, the bought the president, so usually, you don't get that high a card to start with. They lucked out that trump was so willing to sell out his country for more $$. What I'm not sure of is if we come back from this or turn into mini Russia as we go on.

7 hours ago, visionary said:

The absolute funniest thing about “Trump and Giuliani the corruption fighters” skit is that one of the guys they were getting bogus conspiracies from is a Ukranian oligarch hiding in Austria to prevent US extradition for charges of corruption. 

We are truly living in the dumbest era in American history.

50 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I really dont understand how we get out of this. I see how we got here. But I dont see a real way out. 

not a realistic one that's easy, and not a pragmatic one that fits my sentiment and wishes for human advancement (as opposed to retardation)

but the short answer is if you don't like what trump/gop is doing you're gonna have to not only give what you can in time and money to any state and national candidates/issues that are relevant but also get out into your community FOR REAL and volunteer with time, money, effort to mobilize, assist etc. ...if this isn't worth real work and effort to the people who detest what the right has become in this nation, then trumpworld is winning

( i say that as a guy who longs for the day where i can devote proper energy to the many serious criticisms the dems routinely deserve )

25 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

not a realistic one that's easy, and not a pragmatic one that fits my sentiment and wishes for human advancement (as opposed to retardation)

but the short answer is if you don't like what trump/gop is doing you're gonna have to not only give what you can in time and money to any state and national candidates/issues that are relevant but also get out into your community FOR REAL and volunteer with time, money, effort to mobilize, assist etc. ...if this isn't worth real work and effort to the people who detest what the right has become in this nation, then trumpworld is winning

( i say that as a guy who longs for the day where i can devote proper energy to the many serious criticisms the dems routinely deserve )

Im going to have to. Its about all I can do. I have been exploring how to get more involved with political campaigns, actually. Im so damn busy I dont know what im going to do time wise, but right now me and the fiance have a plan....admittedly its to help us lose weight and save money primarily....but we picked a political campaign of our choice and every time we eat out instead of cooking something we donate the price of the meal. Its just a start though. But....its a start. 

at this point, almost any goper who isn't anti-trump to the point where they'll seriously lean towards voting for any dem other than a member of "the squad" over another 4 years of this is likely a waste of space.....especially those who still spend their time defending their cesspool of a party cuz "me likz cunsurvativ pollysees" or "cuz dems still be all wrong and evil"  might as well tell me they're a proud member of nambla

the still proud republican who's planning on voting trump in 2020, including the ones who say they don't "like" this or that, or even "a lot of things", about him, are more than a little sick in the head afaic....their party has nurtured the vast majority of racists, homophobes, conspiracy nuts, religious nuts, gun freaks (i like guns), science-deniers (we're talking way more than climate), and more ugly forms of humanity and used them and now they own the party and have also taken russian propaganda to their heart and spread it happily...and ala certain playbooks, have certainly taken all forms of distortion, deflection, and deception (especially self) and basic hypocrisy to new heights and made them their core approach to "discussion"

like i said before, no easy, pragmatic, realistic, response (particularly the ones i sometimes think are most appropriate) other than to do all one can do to beat down the right in all its forms as currently manifest in every way possible, as much as possible, for as long as possible, and devoting maximum effort as deadpool would say :)

If people don't like common core math, wait til they get to hear all of his new stuff that will try to convince you that 16 is a higher number than 23. (I know it was 17, but Louie Gohmert isn't smart enough to count as far as I'm concerened.)

~Bang

3 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

like i said before, no easy, pragmatic, realistic, response

Even leaving isn't easy.

It's an option but, other countries immigration policies are not any easier than ours and then you have a serious issue to contemplate in whether you give up your citizenship (and what it means if you don't)

I know, I've looked into it. 

Through my life there was always this 'uh, we're not as good at these things as some other countries...' especially in health and education. but i could always fall back on the issue with comparing averages, the issue with the statistics (often they're comparing access to healthcare, not average quality of healthcare for those that can access it), and numerous other things including what I'll wrap up neatly with a label of 'American spirit and patriotism' that always felt (to me) like any problem was conquerable if we just got the right focus/drive for it.

this is the first time i look around and think 'oh ****...' and also 'is this even worth trying?'

it's hard to look at what 35-45% of the country seems to be OK with and think "yeah, this is where I want to be"

or, more specifically to the conversations I've been having, "this is where I want my kids to grow up"

cause it's not. at least currently, it feels like it's not.

Just now, NoCalMike said:

So is today the actual vote on impeachment itself, or just another committee vote to move the process along to the next step?

so one of you posted that it was an impeachment vote

so i got all happy

but it looks like it's the committee vote, i guess to move forward to a floor vote?

so i think it's just a committee vote and whichever one of you did it (i think it was you!) go grab a ****tail fork and stick it in your eye.

1 minute ago, tshile said:

so one of you posted that it was an impeachment vote

so i got all happy

but it looks like it's the committee vote, i guess to move forward to a floor vote?

so i think it's just a committee vote and whichever one of you did it (i think it was you!) go grab a ****tail fork and stick it in your eye.

Ha that was probably me last night. When Nadler ended the debate and said the vote was today at 10am, the way Doug Collins nearly had a conniption in response and started calling Nadler "Joseph Stalin" I assumed it was because the actual impeachment vote was this morning.

Sorry, my bad. 

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

It's so striking how one party is so diverse and one party is all white and largely white males. 

Gotta say, it's long (like, since I was a teen) offended me that people even notice things like that.  

I still remember as a teen, sitting down in front of the TV in NOVA, to watch the Redskins game.  And the TV would introduce the starting lineup for the Redskins.  And I would read the familiar names, and settle into my "game watching headspace".  And they'd show a picture of the QB, and his stats.  And then the backs and receivers.  And then the OL.  

And as the cards fade, and they show us the huddle, my father, in the next chair, would say "5 blacks."  

And I'd think "What the heck is wrong with this person?  That, as they were showing us this on the screen, what he's doing is totaling up how many of each race there were?"  

I remember being shocked when I found out that Darrell Green was black.  I mean, he'd been my favorite Redskin for years.  But I'd seen the jersey and the helmet and the great plays.  

- - - - 

And no, I'm not trying to say "look how completely color blind I am".  I'm absolutely aware that I have racist feelings.  When I'm using an ATM, and somebody walks up behind me and gets in line, I absolutely do react differently if the person is black.  I'm ashamed of them, but they're absolutely there.  

But I also absolutely do not go through life tallying up how many people in each group are which race.  

- - - - - 

I absolutely loathe the current GOP.  Far as I'm concerned, I can't really tell the difference between them, and Satan.  

But it's because of what they do, when they get power.  Not because of their racial composition.  

5 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

So since the vote has just happened, is that it for today?  

My understanding is yes, it's it for today.  The next step will be the full House vote on the impeachment to send to Senate, and I that is next week (early next week is what I thought i read was the goal).

https://news.yahoo.com/house-judiciary-committee-vote-impeachment-080004682.html

"Both articles of impeachment now head to the full House of Representatives. That vote could come as early as next week."

Edit for article

Archived