Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you want HBO Hard Knocks to feature us this year?

LetThePointsSoar

Mods, wasn't sure if the stadium was the best place, so feel free to move. 

But the decision will likely come out in the next couple weeks, and we're one of 5 candidates this year.  Was curious on everyone's take, would you be excited, or disappointed if we end up getting selected? 

I'll have very mixed feelings myself.  I'd hate the distraction of it, but it would be nice to see the **** show live and in person. Not to mention, we're going to have to do it at SOME point, why not now. 

Thoughts? 

I'd really enjoy getting to see things I don't normally get to see but not if it's going to be at the detriment of the team.

There's a reason (and its complete bull****) that playoff teams and new coaches dont have to do it, because it's not a good thing for the team.

I don't know why everyone is down on us this year.   We were 6-3 before Alex went down and he wasn't exactly lighting it up.  We lost because of injuries.  a 4th string QB.  a 6th string guard, etc.  Our Defense should be even better and if we can limit the injuries, I see no reason we can't be at the least a wild card. 

1 hour ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

Smart money still says the Raiders.  AB84, Chucky, getting ready to ditch Oakland.  Appointment television.

This is the likely result. I'd love to see the Redskins in depth, but the Raiders would be more interesting to everyone else.

1 hour ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

Smart money still says the Raiders.  AB84, Chucky, getting ready to ditch Oakland.  Appointment television.

I thought so at first, but I'm starting to think it might make more sense to have them their first year in Vegas instead. Would be great marketing for the NFL if so. 

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

This will be a lost season anyway, so we might as well get it over with now.  Would be interesting to see how the young guys are progressing.

Kinda how I'm leaning as well... 

Absolutely not.  While it would be interesting to get the behind the scenes look into preparation for this season, I don't think the Redskins would respond well to or benefit from all the attention and being placed under a microscope.  I hope to fly under the radar as best as possible.

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

This will be a lost season anyway, so we might as well get it over with now.  Would be interesting to see how the young guys are progressing.

What makes you think so?.. or are you hoping for it to be for better draft position next year?..stop me now cooleyfan

Yes, This isn't a team that is competing for a championship and to be honest maybe a camera in everyone's face is exactly what this ball club needs to change whatever it is they have been doing wrong. And when you are the most injured team in the NFL for 2 or 3 consecutive seasons in a row YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING MAJORLY WRONG.

6 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

What makes this any worse than last year? 

Not worse, in fact it's possible we could make the playoffs. I feel Case will be the starter for as long as he's healthy, while Colt will be backup. If God forbid both of them go down like our QB's did last year, then Haskins will take over. But I feel the Redskin explosion will begin next year. We're pretty much at the point (or we'll find out this year) that we can go for BPA thru out the rounds of next years draft. Most of which will help give Haskins a solid OLine to work with. Not to mention adding some more talent in the D secondary. In other words, no big deal doing Hard Knocks this year, but just don't bother us about it next year.

13 hours ago, Redskin4ever said:

If it’s going to happen, I think this is the year to do it. Rookie QB to go with a pretty positive offseason so far. You do it now while the drama is low. Who knows what the drama will be next year or the year after or whenever it could come up again.

At first, my knee-jerk reaction was in line with exactly how you stated it. Would make for good TV and we don't have any toxic players.  But I started thinking that maybe I’d like to minimize the unique distractions Hard Knocks would impose on my Rookie QB. 

Archived