Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you want HBO Hard Knocks to feature us this year?

LetThePointsSoar

36 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

I agree.  I think it’s got to come down to the Redskins and Raiders.  Giants and lions don’t have nearly the number of storylines.   I just have a hunch the Skins will be the selection.  

I agree the Lions but the Giants are NY to start - such a huge market and I disagree about the number of story lines. Gettleman is providing them on an almost daily basis. We are a good choice too but would not count the Giants out. Raiders are 2020 when they move to Vegas. Talk about story lines ---  lol. 

Bruce has been poking his head out in the media lately after a very strong draft and getting praise for it. They'd be smart to ride that wave and a roster full of young interesting talents and let the Hard Knocks buzz bump them a bit more. They need a popularity and more importantly likability bump if they want that new stadium, after all. 

Raiders are a better choice next year moving to Vegas, probably drafting a new QB, and there's no risk of Gruden going anywhere before then. 

There's nothing remotely interesting about the Lions. 

I think it might be us guys. 

11 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Raiders are a better choice next year moving to Vegas, probably drafting a new QB, and there's no risk of Gruden going anywhere before then. 

There's nothing remotely interesting about the Lions. 

I think it might be us guys. 

My hesitation on them doing it is they tend to be reluctant wanting something like this.  Heck the NFL Network had cameras in over 20 teams draft rooms in the last draft -- Redskins not among them.

But I think it's a perfect time for them to do it.  National NFL shows talk about this is a team with a lack of sizzle (pre Haskins pick) and interest.  They got declining ticket sales, TV ratings.  They couldn't even get a 4 pm game in this year's schedule.   And it's all happening at a time when they are trying to sell different DMV states that a new stadium would bring economic development.    So they need a PR jolt and some relevancy.  This would help.

It’s definitely us or the Raiders. First year for AB in Oakland and Gruden coaching him would be pretty intriguing. Not to mention 3 first round picks and Oakland’s market is probably better than ours over the last few years and the last year in Oakland so the local fans would really show up 

33 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My hesitation on them doing it is they tend to be reluctant wanting something like this.  Heck the NFL Network had cameras in over 20 teams draft rooms in the last draft -- Redskins not among them.

But I think it's a perfect time for them to do it.  National NFL shows talk about this is a team with a lack of sizzle (pre Haskins pick) and interest.  They got declining ticket sales, TV ratings.  They couldn't even get a 4 pm game in this year's schedule.   And it's all happening at a time when they are trying to sell different DMV states that a new stadium would bring economic development.    So they need a PR jolt and some relevancy.  This would help.

They don't need to consent to it if the Raiders and Lions are less interested. Patricia is a Belichick guy, he doesn't want this at all. Jon Gruden...I don't think he'd care either way. But we can be forced to do Hard Knocks if no one else in the top 3 volunteers. 

18 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

They don't need to consent to it if the Raiders and Lions are less interested. Patricia is a Belichick guy, he doesn't want this at all. Jon Gruden...I don't think he'd care either way. But we can be forced to do Hard Knocks if no one else in the top 3 volunteers. 

I know but from what's been said over the years they are reluctant to take a team that's reluctant. 

23 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

From what little I understand, Jon Gruden would rather have 7oz of syrup pour out of his bellybutton every time he took a step with his left foot than be on hard knocks. 

44 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Are they still doing camp in the same place in Richmond, this year ?

Wasn't that a disaster last year ?

If I remember correclty, it seemed like it rained a lot, and there was not a good indoor facility to use, so we lost a lot of quality practice time.

It's in the same place this year.

I live in Richmond, I don't remember a lot of practices being cancelled because of the weather last Summer, though.

It did rain a lot here in Richmond last year. Second rainiest year on record. 

I dont get why people care one way or the other if we get chosen for hard knocks. If we do, great, we’ll get to watch our favorite team on tv every Wednesday night for a month. If not, great too, the team will be able to focus on training camp without the HBO cameras around. Either way, why not just be happy???

oh yeah...it’s redskins fans. They’re going to complain about everything :P 

30 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I hope we are picked....it would be great to see the inner workings of our organization/coaches etc....We may come to like or dislike some of the key players even more.

Preview of the battle for left guard:

55c0447ba0513.gif

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I dont get why people care one way or the other if we get chosen for hard knocks. If we do, great, we’ll get to watch our favorite team on tv every Wednesday night for a month. If not, great too, the team will be able to focus on training camp without the HBO cameras around. Either way, why not just be happy???

oh yeah...it’s redskins fans. They’re going to complain about everything :P 

A lot of people just want drama.

Archived