Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

Looking at receivers around the league, I think Terry is unfortunately on the outside looking in for the Pro Bowl if he doesn't have a bigger 2nd half - Kupp, Jefferson, Deebo, Adams, Jefferson and Lamb are in over him. Godwin, Evans, Moore, DeVonta and others are in the running too

6 hours ago, Vanguard said:

Just heard a stat on B Mitch and Finlay.  Terry McLaurin is the fifth most double teamed wide receiver in the league.

Not to be a party pooper, and I love Terry, but part of this has to be the weapons around him. Take Terry away and put offense stagnates and, who else is going to beat you? If we had a better option opposite Terry, teams would play him more honestly. 

15 hours ago, method man said:

Looking at receivers around the league, I think Terry is unfortunately on the outside looking in for the Pro Bowl if he doesn't have a bigger 2nd half - Kupp, Jefferson, Deebo, Adams, Jefferson and Lamb are in over him. Godwin, Evans, Moore, DeVonta and others are in the running too

Yeah there is just so much depth of talent at WR, especially in the NFC.

30 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Curtis is a great slot guy, but I wish Cam could step up and be that Mike Williams, Mike Evans, AJ Green type of big bully WR.

Terry is great, but he shouldn't need to play like Hines Ward all the time. It's a waste of a resource.

Cam is just not that type of athlete. I was really hoping the team could make a run at Tim Patrick because he is that guy but Denver just extended him. It may mean, however, that Courtland Sutton hits FA. He is a big guy but I haven't studied his game

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, method man said:

Cam is just not that type of athlete. I was really hoping the team could make a run at Tim Patrick because he is that guy but Denver just extended him. It may mean, however, that Courtland Sutton hits FA. He is a big guy but I haven't studied his game

I really think until we have that solid #2 and a QB, TMac isn't going to get his due, but it's coming. 

We potentially have a good line up at TE and if Thomas can come back healthy and Reyes can show out as that off ball receiving TE, we may be in luck, because they'll dominate the possession type stuff and allow Terry to get behind defenses more often.

6 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

It's ironic that another players groin is hamstringing Terry.

Somehow whenever I think of this guy, I think of the Groin.

Maybe if he was throwing the ball, Samuel would be able to play and catch.

I mean, some people here are calling for a new QB, anyway...

https://www.nfl.com/players/matt-mcgloin/stats/career

9791841-nfl-oakland-raiders-at-denver-broncos-850x560.jpeg

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

Somehow whenever I think of this guy, I think of the Groin.

Maybe if he was throwing the ball, Samuel would be able to play and catch.

I mean, some people here are calling for a new QB, anyway...

https://www.nfl.com/players/matt-mcgloin/stats/career

9791841-nfl-oakland-raiders-at-denver-broncos-850x560.jpeg

When I think of McGloin I always think of this guy getting fish-hooked in Gangs of New York

mcgloin-7758-normal.jpg?1564851346

• Like 2

Steve Smith, not holding back in assessing the Samuel signing.

Among other things, says we overpaid.

At this point, Vet Minimum probably would have been overpaying though.

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2021/11/19/steve-smith-on-washington-wr-curtis-samuel-yall-overpaid-good-luck/?itm_source=parsely-api

“Y’all paid Curtis Samuel $75 million. You know why? Because [offensive coordinator] Scott Turner is comfortable with him, he knows what he’s gonna get. Y’all overpaid, good luck. Thank you...I have no problem with Curtis. But I’m just evaluating. $75 million [$34.5 million] for you to be the best third-down wide receiver, which he was great. You don’t get a parade averaging 46 catches, under 50, 60 yards and then you’re unhealthy...

He was hurt when they got him here. Okay, that’s fine. But now you suffer because you used all this equity for a guy that isn’t gonna play, can’t play and when he does, doesn’t really move the radar. People aren’t shaking in their boots to play Curtis Samuel. Never have, never will. Sorry"

• Sad 1

On 11/19/2021 at 7:29 PM, Anselmheifer said:

Not to be a party pooper, and I love Terry, but part of this has to be the weapons around him. Take Terry away and put offense stagnates and, who else is going to beat you? If we had a better option opposite Terry, teams would play him more honestly. 

He’d still be getting doubled, but it’s not easy to say how much.

On 11/19/2021 at 6:01 PM, method man said:

Most of those guys have better QB’s and compliments around them.  He plays just as hard as any of them and deserves to go if he has even comparable stats.

On 11/20/2021 at 10:28 AM, Malapropismic Depository said:

All we need is a Groin.

Can we sign a Groin to Vet Minimum, and pair it up with Curtis Samuel ?

We do. Carter, Sims, Humphries were all very good today. We need Logan Thomas back and then things get really good on offense. We are running the ball well now too.

Also, maybe Samuel gets back at some point???

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

We do. Carter, Sims, Humphries were all very good today. We need Logan Thomas back and then things get really good on offense. We are running the ball well now too.

Also, maybe Samuel gets back at some point???

Don't forget we had 3 passing TD's and 27 points without even our 2nd string TE : RSJ.

We won with just Bates at TE basically.

He didn't put up great stats, but he had a huge, difficult and clutch catch that kept an all-important drive alive.

It seems like every week, somebody different on the team, steps up and does that.

That's what I love about this team.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1