Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

Listened to Jon Keim's podcast this morning, and he was talking about how dejected Scary Terry was after the game Sunday. How for the first time he declined comment to the media. Said he just looked miserable after facing another loss, and that he's lost more in his short time with the Redskins than he did his entire college career. 

Made me think about the damage this "damn good culture" could be doing to some of these young guys, and I can't imagine he's happy right now that he was drafted by this team. Hard to believe it's fallen so far, but I'm sure a lot of potential draft picks next year are thinking, "Please, not Washington. Anywhere but Washington." 

Bozo's_Circus_1968.JPG 

Edited by Dissident2
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

4. WR TERRY MCLAURIN, WASHINGTON REDSKINS

It’s beginning to become more and more clear that third-round pick Terry McLaurin was the most undervalued rookie in the 2019 draft process. In his 11 weeks in Washington, McLaurin has put together an 83.6 receiving grade, ranking ninth among all wide receivers. Washington has always struggled in their deep passing game, and the fault falls on both parties (quarterback and receiver). While the quarterback half is still up in the air, the receiver one has been filled with McLaurin, who is PFF’s highest-graded wide receiver on targets of 10-plus yards. It should be a business decision for any defense to not play this man in press coverage and give him the opportunity to run a vertical route, as he will throw the cornerback into a toaster and burn him — McLaurin’s grade on longer throws is unsurprisingly the best in the NFL.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'd like to see them try to go deep to him 3+ times a game.  No reason not to.  He'll either make a catch, draw a pass interference call or beat out a DB for the ball like he did on Sunday.  

And it'll force future defenses to back the **** off and keep a man deep. The ole Djax move that we never took advantage of.

• Like 4

For me he is now the ONLY reason to turn the game on come Sunday.  I don't really watch, but sort of half listen.  When I hear his name called, I'll look up from whatever else I'm doing.  Not only is he my favorite current player on the team, he's the only player left on the team I even care about.  I'm just indifferent to the rest. 

Actually that's a lie.  I like Tress Way, too. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, FedEx Nosebleed said:

For me he is now the ONLY reason to turn the game on come Sunday.  I don't really watch, but sort of half listen.  When I hear his name called, I'll look up from whatever else I'm doing.  Not only is he my favorite current player on the team, he's the only player left on the team I even care about.  I'm just indifferent to the rest. 

Actually that's a lie.  I like Tress Way, too. 

Agreed.  And if we're talking about players that we care about, I'm including the whole kicking unit.  Tress Way, Dustin Hopkins, Nick Sundberg.

Shooting a game last year for ES...can't remember which one, but it was an ass beating.  I made eye contact with Hopkins right at the end.  He's a really cool, laid back guy.  Always says hi to me which is kinda awkward cause I'm not supposed to talk to the players during the game.

Gives me a fist pound, his eyes open wide and he just goes "That was a shellacking!" and took off towards the tunnel :ols:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, FedEx Nosebleed said:

For me he is now the ONLY reason to turn the game on come Sunday.  I don't really watch, but sort of half listen.  When I hear his name called, I'll look up from whatever else I'm doing.  Not only is he my favorite current player on the team, he's the only player left on the team I even care about. 

He is the main reason I watch on Sundays.  Your comment was hilarious about looking up from what you’re doing, if you hear his name called.  I still have a few players besides him that I watch like Ioannidis. 

And the thing is, when McLaurin has a bad game I usually can’t even blame him. He can’t throw the ball to himself....

5 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

HUGE GAME for terrymthegem this sunday..book it!!..just that gut feeling that haskins explodes against the lions...lots of play action deep bombs to 17..2 tds 167 for Mclaurin 

If it wasn't for the coaching staff I'd agree with you a 100%. 

• Thanks 1

I dont know if haskins is a bust or not..will he get it or not?...time will tell..I stay on the positive side of things....barely...its my thing still this time of year...redskins football and hunting..no luck today..seen 4 big satellite bulls, but had tags for cows only...they were majestic, sunrise glow off there antlers..the ole man called em up to 200 yards from the truck..it was fun..just ma n pa and I..

I stay on the positive side of things about haskins working out and him and terrymthegem giving us highlight reels for days to come y'all lol.

1 minute ago, BigBadSean said:

If it wasn't for the coaching staff I'd agree with you a 100%. 

Ya know...its funny ya mention this..the thought of the horrendous play calling could get in the way of this happening was in my mind while typing that up lol..maybe through the week of practice haskins has showed enough improvement to show that the coaches can open things up a little...take more shots down field type thing.

38 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Ya know...its funny ya mention this..the thought of the horrendous play calling could get in the way of this happening was in my mind while typing that up lol..maybe through the week of practice haskins has showed enough improvement to show that the coaches can open things up a little...take more shots down field type thing.

I guarantee that the coaching staff had a lot more Confidence in Case. The play calling was still horrendous even with him as the starter. I'm really looking forward to a new coaching staff all together. Of course it really won't matter if Bruce is back though. 

Edited by BigBadSean
  • Like 2

SAM MONSON

Terry McLaurin could be special…if his QB can get him the ball

Lions cornerback Darius Slay is one of the best in the game. A week ago against Amari Cooper—who is one of the best route runners in the game—Slay allowed just three catches for 38 yards while breaking up two of the incompletions. This week, Terry McLaurin got behind him multiple times, but almost every time he did so, his quarterback was unable to hit him. Slay’s stats will look good — just three catches for 42 yards despite 10 targets to McLaurin, but the PFF grades will speak more to the number of times he was beaten by a rookie receiver who already looks polished enough to be a dominant force. McLaurin could have put up some huge numbers in this game if Dwayne Haskins had just been more accurate with the football. This is both very encouraging and concerning at the same time. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-12-pff-senior-analyst-takeaways-2019

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

He’s reminding me more and more of a young Marvin Harrison.  Stay healthy fella...you are a part of this turn around!

Even Marvin had to rough it out with a struggling QB before Peyton arrived.  Who was the QB?  Redskins potential next head coach Jim Harbaugh.  

• Like 2

Pretty wild how the elite talents jump off the screen amongst supremely gifted players. Great to finally hit on one. 

If the offensive talent can establish a rhythm by years end, the Skins are in great position financially moving forward, as much of the skill guys are on rookie deals for next two to three years. 

• Like 1