Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 NFL Draft discussion thread

seantaylor=god

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

Really - puzzled - about our 4th round picks.  Especially the idea of drafting a player who's too injured to play this year. 

Don't really get being puzzled about this. Does it puzzle you when teams take developmental guys that aren't expected to start or see the field at all for a year or two? Don't really see how that's different. With that type of developmental guy, you are gambling on his ceiling and that you can coach him up. With an injured guy, you believe he's talented but just need to wait until he can play. But in terms of practical difference (not playing as rookies), there really isn't any. 

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

Really - puzzled - about our 4th round picks.  Especially the idea of drafting a player who's too injured to play this year. 

But there's plenty I'm optimistic about.  Can't really expect that I'll like every single pick they make.  My feeling right now  is the best draft I can remember.  

It's rare to have a shot to draft a super star in the 4th round.  And I could be as cynical as anyone -- I didn't embrace our first round pick as an example.  I don't know squat about Love's injury.  But if he ends up healthy and ready to go even if its 2020, the dude IMO is a super star.

As much as I hyped McLaurin and Harmon here, I don't think either dude has super star in them.  I think they potentially can be good players and that's good value for where they were picked.  But Love to me is special -- super star if they can get him healthy. 

17 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So what’s everyone’s take on the draft for us? Good draft? Bad? In the middle? 

For me, Im excited to see these guys in minicamps and OTA’s and training camp and preseason. Man, it can’t get here soon enough. 

Great draft for value picks and picks that can payoff long-term. 

If Haskins hits it will be an amazing draft 

2 hours ago, Blue Collar Skins said:

What about Anquan Boldin or Larry Fitzgerald?

Boldin yeah, but Fitz ran 4.47 at his pro day though.  

But if you're gonna run a 4.6 as a WR, you'd better be off the charts in some other area.  We'll see about Harmon.  There's always outliers.

2 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

He played well against Easton Stick, 5th RD QB of Chargers 

He has played against Carson Wentz, Ryan Finley, Kyle Laulette, Mitch Trubisky.  JMU plays a hard schedule for a FCS school they open up at WVU this year.

6 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Boldin yeah, but Fitz ran 4.47 at his pro day though.  

But if you're gonna run a 3.6 as a WR, you'd better be off the charts in some othe area.  We'll see about Harmon.  There's always outliers.

If you run a 3.6 you better be #1 overall.  :ols:

16 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Don't really get being puzzled about this. Does it puzzle you when teams take developmental guys that aren't expected to start or see the field at all for a year or two? Don't really see how that's different. With that type of developmental guy, you are gambling on his ceiling and that you can coach him up. With an injured guy, you believe he's talented but just need to wait until he can play. But in terms of practical difference (not playing as rookies), there really isn't any. 

Totally agree, the cowboys took Jaylon Smith in the second round a few years back and sat him for a year or more.  He turned out to be a pretty good player post injury.  AP is quite old for a rb and if S. Perine doesn't stop fumbling he will likely be gone soon.  Good pick for the future.

People who were upset with the OL help we were acquiring for Haskins should peep the Cards roster...they'll lose it. Good thing Murray is mobile with a bunch of weapons

(I ended up being happy with the investment we made into IOL in the 4th round)

Archived