Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Passion of The Jussie (FKA The Smollett Fiasco)

Spaceman Spiff

Just now, nonniey said:

Issue is the narrative that all Trump supporters are racist.  Smollet was just trying to reinforce this. Unfortunately many buy into that narrative including quite a few who post here. So you may get a few who push back on what you are proposing here.

I would really hope there's no push back to the idea that one single trait about a person doesn't pre-determine the rest of his or her opinions. 

6 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I would really hope there's no push back to the idea that one single trait about a person doesn't pre-determine the rest of his or her opinions. 

Yes I'd hope so as well but many have made it very clear how they view Trump supporters.  

He's a suspect now. 

Since he hasn't surrender to police yet, hopefully his crisis management team and defense attorneys catch convince him to seek help before he stands trial. 

He'll probably get the book thrown at him, which I have no problem with, but the whole thing (combining it with sending himself hate mail with aspirin simulating anthrax, cut out letters from a magazine)  just screams either mental illness and/or substance abuse to me.  

49 minutes ago, megared said:

He's a suspect now. 

Since he hasn't surrender to police yet, hopefully his crisis management team and defense attorneys catch convince him to seek help before he stands trial. 

He'll probably get the book thrown at him, which I have no problem with, but the whole thing (combining it with sending himself hate mail with aspirin simulating anthrax, cut out letters from a magazine)  just screams either mental illness and/or substance abuse to me.  

Or maybe he's got all his faculties and is just a piece of ****.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

True, yes.  Total lack of rationality there.  But it's probably rational in his head, which is scary.

I'm starting to think psychopath, this nut also falsely used his brother's name when he got busted for a DUI. He's clearly not all the way there.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, megared said:

I guess...I'm just not seeing rational people, regardless of political leanings, doing this kind of **** for attention.

Have you seem the lengths people go to in office politics?  The stories they come up with, the scheming they engage in?  That someone would try this isn’t surprising at all.  I’d bet good money that he’s not the only one that’s claimed to be a victim, that isn’t.  He just got greedy and made the mistake of trying a hair braided scheme that a Hollywood writer might come up with, in real life.  

1 hour ago, Destino said:

Have you seem the lengths people go to in office politics?  The stories they come up with, the scheming they engage in?  That someone would try this isn’t surprising at all.  I’d bet good money that he’s not the only one that’s claimed to be a victim, that isn’t.  He just got greedy and made the mistake of trying a hair braided scheme that a Hollywood writer might come up with, in real life.  

True, but office politics usually involves taking credit for someone else's idea, spreading rumors about a coworker, sleeping with a higher-up to get a promotion over someone else...stuff that's unethical but still legal.

Office politics isn't usually planting cocaine on a coworker and then calling the cops on them so that they get arrested as they leave for the day lol...

• Like 1

Hope the douchebag goes to jail if the evidence shows he fabricated this crap.... However...... Not all Trump supporters are racists... But most if not all racists are Trump supporters.... So **** this guy and **** racist asshole Trump supporters. 

There is no you see, you see here.... When you have a racist piece of **** president, its hard not to believe his followers doing **** like this. 

Edited by killerbee99
  • Like 5

He has been arrested. 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/21/entertainment/jussie-smollett-thursday/index.html

Actor Jussie Smollett is under arrest, Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said Thursday morning on Twitter.

Smollett "is under arrest and in custody of detectives," Guglielmi's tweet reads. His bail hearing is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. local time Thursday, prosecutors have said.

Edited by spjunkies

9 hours ago, Destino said:

To be honest, reading this guy's social media before the incident left me with the feeling that he was a fringe lunatic.  After all, if you had this much of a moral objection to what is going on in the country, wouldn't you find it at least slightly hypocritical to have your checks signed by the network most closely aligned with this administration (Fox)?  And wouldn't you be keenly aware that your political stances are inconsistent with theirs and conduct yourself accordingly?

I know a lot of people are coming out and saying they thought it was bs from the start, but I recall arguing with friends and family that the initial story never made much sense.  This is not normal, even for politics.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It wouldnt have surprised me one bit if his story was true. Hell I probably believed it when I first read it. It also wouldnt surprise me if this wasnt just another boy who cried wolf. Just like all these fake ass people who say something happened to them on Facebook. Just like that dude from Texas who said blacklivesmater destroyed his truck and filed a police report.....then they found out it was him. People are ****ed up. 

What disappoints me is that this will be used as a defense when people point out the obvious - like racists and Trump get along well enough to make people uncomfortable. Or that hate crimes are a real problem.

On 2/19/2019 at 4:10 PM, nonniey said:

Issue is the narrative that all Trump supporters are racist.  Smollet was just trying to reinforce this. Unfortunately many buy into that narrative including quite a few who post here. So you may get a few who push back on what you are proposing here.

I don;t think that all Trump supporters are actively racist.   However, i DO think that it is undeniable that in order to support Trump you DO need to be willing to TOLERATE a high level of racist behavior and dog-whistle-blowing, and in general are willing to tolerate an obvious and overt lack of morality, to get what you want politically.   

Whether someone is overtly racist or not.... . ^^this^^ is not a good look

• Like 1

1 hour ago, megared said:

I know a lot of people are coming out and saying they thought it was bs from the start, but I recall arguing with friends and family that the initial story never made much sense.  This is not normal, even for politics.  

I remember thinking that the details seemed non-sensical and over the top but did not pause long enough to consciously doubt his story. I have been too busy at work to even "cyber-investigate" the details. In retrospect though, how did he even think the story would hold up?

Streets of Chicago "MAGA country??" 2:00am in -9 degree temperatures? Trump-loving white nationalists recognizing him from Empire???

Also- The abrasion on his face simply did not seem legit to me. It looked like a scratch one would get when a toddler squeezes too hard and it's baby nails cut the skin.

I watched the GMA interview with Robin Roberts last night. I was like, "This dude is going ALL IN." SMH...

Edited by Chachie