Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

49 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Not really. Collins is only 25 years old. We should be getting all of his prime years out of him. Yes. It is expensive. But this isnt signing some 31 year old worn out vet.

I was only joking, I've been all in on Collins for weeks, great signing so I'm happy, don't care about the contract.

Mosley, ZaDarius Smith, even Le'Veon Bell, I've mentioned those for a while too. Think we'll snag another big signing or two. 

Cap space isn't an issue here. Said all along we can create another 25mil in space no problem. 

Just now, CapsSkins said:

Does anyone know if Montae remains in the organization's plans? Would affect FA/draft plans I'm assuming.

His story is perplexing to say the least. Would appear to be the perfect fit with Collins but after last year, who knows. Most likely facing a 2-5 game suspension. 

3 minutes ago, superozman said:

Money has to surpass the Eagles if they offer, because they are closer to contending.  But if we don't get him, I'm all about a Rashad Ross re-sign.  Also, if you think i'm nuts for that comment, you'll dislike me for this.  Robert Davis could be a diamond in the rough.   Alright, don't blast me too hard, back to work!

You are only partially right.  I think we are all nuts.  We are REDSKINS fans, after 🤣

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

With this franchise, you have to be cynical. I suspect a big part of this signing is the fact that the guy is a Sean Taylor PR rep and nostalgia machine. The FO knows they can rope fans in with that. 

A strong safety isn’t moving the needle for the average consumer. Now, the entire unit on defense, maybe. I think it’s trending that way. A bunch of dudes who bring their lunch pale and are about team football leading to winning. You’d imagine getting a bunch of dudes familiar with one another that’ll be easier to establish a team versus me approach.

Personally I’d rather keep HA Ha around. I don’t like the prospect of 2 brand new safeties with no knowledge of the defense. Also, I think Ha Ha got a raw deal in coming in to a team that lost every starter on offense. That defense saw the field the majority of the second half of the season. 

1 minute ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Do we have any nfl caliber receivers on the team now?

Well, since we're not drafting a QB with our first pick, you can expect a rookie in this year's draft....and Paul Richardson.   

It's fair to say with Crowder gone, this will need to be a place we go in the draft again.  Oh, and Doctson breaks out?   :).

47 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Come on, man. Give it a chance... No need for the negativity. We all know we've been ass for a while but this is a decent move

It just keeps us in that 7-9 to 9-7 range.  I just want to see a team built properly, is all.  

If we were 12-4 and made a deep playoff run last year and we just got Collins, I'd be through the roof.  

3 minutes ago, Art said:

Well, since we're not drafting a QB with our first pick, you can expect a rookie in this year's draft....and Paul Richardson.   

It's fair to say with Crowder gone, this will need to be a place we go in the draft again.  Oh, and Doctson breaks out?   :).

What about some of the FA's?  

Donte Moncrief, Michael Crabtree, and Cordarrelle Patterson are all interesting names.  Won't blow your socks off name wise but all can produce.  I dont trust him, but Martavis Bryant is another intriguing name.

Kevin White is someone that we can take a flyer on.  Potential is there, can get him for peanuts.

Or we can just get the band back together with DJax and Garcon  🤣

Wow. Just got off a plane to see the Landon Collins news. Lots of money! He idolized Sean Taylor though so i life the signing. He wore 21 with the giants, any idea if he’d wear 21 here? Do we even let anyone wear ST’s number yet anyway? 

Where does this leave us in terms of cap space? 

Great news about Collins. The guy is young, tough, and an all pro. Yes, the money is a little high, but you gotta pay to play. For those of you ****ing about the signing, I'd much prefer overpaying a guy like Collins vs. a bunch of the usual BA bargain basement, bottom of the barrel signings, McGee, McClain, Hatcher, Paea, Goldson, Reyes, etc etc etc.

I'm fine with the signing, and hope there are a few more to come.

This is NOT the redskins of old. They used to sign over the hill looking for that last payday guys.

This dude is young and in his prime. I'm all for it.

1 minute ago, max21 said:

Has anyone forgotten Paul Richardson Jr? Because I have 

I liked what we saw of him but with him getting hurt and then his injury history in Seattle it is tough to imagine we can count on him.  If he could play 16 games then I think he would be a good deep threat for us but that is such a big if right now.

Archived