Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

Just now, Burgold said:

I think the Redskins will make a mistake in cutting Brown. Seems to me the kind of player who is a strength when used correctly. We saw that in year one and saw the opposite in year two. Creative teams and good coaches figure out way to exploit talent. Brown is a talent. That speed and power has value.

I can understand a potential cut from a cap point of view, but Brown's failure to succeed here seems more about the coaches than Brown. Hopefully this year, we have pieces that the coaches know how to use and our players are put in position to succeed more often.

Yep. Wouldn't be surprised to see him have a strong year next year where he is leading the league in tackles. 

5 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I mean look. For years we have had issues at Safety. You're telling me that we could have HaHa and Landon in the back-end of our defense? Both Bama boys? And people will find a way to complain? I know Dix didn't live up to expectations last year, but let's not forget he was PFFs #2 Safety at that point in the season when we traded for him. I think a lot of folks want to blame the defensive collapse on him, when it was a number of other factors.

You know I've been meaning to bring this up and am not sure it has been raised. (Wish I had when I first heard it before we signed Collins). We traded our 4th for Dix at the trade deadline last season and last month there was a report that a team had offered a #1 for Collins at the deadline last season. Anyone else think that that team was the Redskins and Dix was plan B?

Just now, nonniey said:

You know I've been meaning to bring this and am not sure it has been raised. (Wish I had when I first heard it before we signed Collins). We traded our 4th for Dix at the trade deadline last season and last month there was a report that a team had offered a #1 for Collins at the deadline last season. Anyone else think that that team was the Redskins and Dix was plan B?

I would've fleeced the Skin's for a #1 in a NY minute!  A defensive leader with team intel, being traded in division?  I just don't see it. 

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So we let one of the only guys in our wr corps go that had sticky hands, produced, and knew every position in a group that was injury prone? Oh and he was dirt cheap while we are in cap hell? Makes sense. 

2 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Look, I dont wanna make too big a deal of a 4th WR type, but Mo Harris should be on the team.  Good for him if there is some demand around the league.  Of the guys currently under contract, he's no worse than the 3rd best WR.  Maybe even 2nd.

He was always really good in training camp with good hands but they never used him right so yea, good for him.

I smell a Ryan Grant signing...LOL

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

Look, I dont wanna make too big a deal of a 4th WR type, but Mo Harris should be on the team.  Good for him if there is some demand around the league.  Of the guys currently under contract, he's no worse than the 3rd best WR.  Maybe even 2nd.

My guess is the team views Sims as a similar player on a better contract. 

This is the idea of “draft and develop” that everyone here says they want. 

3 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I want to like Harris and he has had some spectacular catches, but either the coaches have failed to use him properly (which means they will continue to) or he is after all these opportunities a light bulb that can flash, but not stay lit.

1 minute ago, moondog said:

So we let one of the only guys in our wr corps go that had sticky hands, produced, and knew every position in a group that was injury prone? Oh and he was dirt cheap while we are in cap hell? Makes sense. 

Tendering him would’ve meant 2+M a season.  So the dirt cheap thing is out the window.

3 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

But the develop part needs to be followed by "and keep", otherwise, what's the point?

Robert Davis, Cam Sims, Trey Quinn

Those 3 are going to need to massively step up ... because then it's what ... Paul Richardson and Josh Doctson?

I think we are going to be drafting at least 2 WRs come April. One earlier and one later. We simply need the bodies, and Im not sure we have the cap space to get one in FA.

If they hadn’t just signed the Honey Badger for $14 Millie a year I’d understand your concern 

Exactly,

Berry as a buy low or Tre Boston should most certainly be considered as well. We cant afford to overpay HCD, so Im happy about the deeper pool available.

Sittin and Boston for cheap would be great

Kind of surprised a bit that the extension with Scherrf hasn't be completed.  They know the numbers needed to get the signing done.  They should have had it completed before FA started as price may rise. 

7 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Agree.  I like Harris.  He is a big wr, he is young, he is cheap, he knows the system.  And the Redskins have nothing else at wr right now.  I guess this is a sign they will be drafting at least 2 with relatively high draft picks, or will address it in FA as well.  But a very puzzling move for a team that has to be methodical when it comes to cap space for 2019.

4 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I want to like Harris and he has had some spectacular catches, but either the coaches have failed to use him properly (which means they will continue to) or he is after all these opportunities a light bulb that can flash, but not stay lit.

That's why I say he's a 4th WR type if you actually have legitimate 1-3s.  But we have a curious lack of guys that actually will catch the balls that are thrown to them.  If Cam Sims or somebody else is that guy, by all means, but it's a hope and a wish at this point.  

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Kind of surprised a bit that the extension with Scherrf hasn't be completed.  They know the numbers needed to get the signing done.  They should have had it completed before FA started as price may rise. 

I wonder if scherffs camp is thinking "I know you need this extension more than we do, so you are going to have to significantly increase Martin's numbers to get me to sign, and I will even be very generous in the structure to give you low cap hits in first year for two". Scherff has all the leverage in the world.

Mentioned in RedskinsTalk, JP said the Collins press conference is tomorrow at 2:00 which means likely no more big signings.  Typically what they do is schedule all big signings on the same day, i.e. Alex Smith and P.Rich last year.

They think they are in to the second (more cap friendly) part of the market now.

7 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Mentioned in RedskinsTalk, JP said the Collins press conference is tomorrow at 2:00 which means likely no more big signings.  Typically what they do is schedule all big signings on the same day, i.e. Alex Smith and P.Rich last year.

They think they are in to the second (more cap friendly) part of the market now.

I guess that means Ha Ha is 2nd tier then?

Archived